Dendro's Outdoor Grow 2022

Mantids are too cool. I strive to have one on every plant, and they tend to stay for awhile, Ive noticed, obviously no pesticides for us! Lady bugs take over when the mantids have eaten each other…lol…the circle of life!

5 Likes

I was just outside giving my garden nutes. Usually it’s Saturday but I had to work. We’re recovering from an infestation of horned tomato worms. Too bad the mantis can’t eat those. Peppers are really fun to grow. We’ve currently got some Anaheim, Poblano, Bell (many colors), Ghost and Carolina Reapers.

1 Like

Oh man, horned worms are the worst! Sorry to hear that they’ve been nibbling but I appreciate the reminder, I haven’t seen them yet this year, but their coming…as far as peppers go, sounds like yall have a nice collection, are you doing them in-ground or pots? Ive really enjoyed doing them in pots and keeping them inside during the winter over the last few seasons. We’ve got, sweet banana, hot banana, jalapeños, and some type of small chili’s. Im sure I dont know exactly what we really have but they are just really fun to grow and prune, I dont even eat them that much, cant give them away but still, one of my favorites to grow. Bells are next on my list. Other than peppers, we have this year…crookneck squash, ice box watermelon, cherry and full size tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, green beans, snap peas, and potatoes. I try to add something new every year. Green beans and snap peas were this years newbies, wanted something easy and they both delivered big time…green beans in particular are amazingly easy yet excellent to just eat straight out of the garden, gotta love stuff that produces like this daily…

:beers:

7 Likes

Hey Dendro, my wife and I over the past 20+ years, have become the family’s dog sitters, for vacations and over night stays.
My daughter, was seeking a way, to give us something for that. Since I get all I need from their dogs, each visit, teaches me something, we never want money for tending them.
She is into the Air B&B stuff, and sent us a advertisement for this working rescue farm, that way down in their list of amenities, was a small statement, we are 420 friendly! Lots of acres to wander, and right on a huge bend of river, great cut paths, and it was just out of season, so we had the place to ourselves!! It was beautiful day for a ride, so we drove the whole way down, on the old routes, over the super slabs. Took longer, but who cared, we are both retired now!!
My wife’s son, gave us a few boxes of chocolate mushrooms, a bit under powered for us, but was perfect, with blazing up, and with our rare glass of wine.
Total Happy Daze, for sure.
It was the energy from the animals that was so uplifting to us. Petting a cat in your lap, as a dog the size of a small car, pops his big head over and wants some loving also. Just a perfect balance of nature, the cat was heaven, never fled that huge head in my lap also, it was beautiful moment in time for us.
Their energy, what humans do not get, is so profound when you allow yourself, to see, feel it, become part of it.
Great place your building for you and the fam!!

4 Likes

We have some in raised beds and others in containers. Oddly enough, the climate here is more Mediterranean than humid subtropical. We’re on the side of a mountain, where the soil is seldom more than a foot deep, usually mere inches. I built a terrace about 18 inches, 12 inches deep and about 8 feet long full of morning glories and a couple of watermelon vines. We also have squashes in tires.
A few years ago, we got some raspberries from the bargain bin. We got a bunch of berries last year but cut them back too far, meaning no berries this year. The good news is the raspberries threw off a pile of runners and we now have several bushes that are branching extensively. Next year…

2 Likes

Hey guys, so cool to hear about the similarities in our lives. Enjoying the natural world is so simple and easy to do if we just let go of the drama of society! It really sounds like Im in good company here. Its great to be able to know that others are on the same wavelength. I could practically see you @webeblzr on your trip. Excellent imagery! Who needs photos when you can describe life, feelings like that! Amazing. And @Herrsquidward, so yeah, alittle of both, like me! Gotta be opportunistic, so much more yield. I pray your raspberries will thrive, I too have that hard rock/clay like soil and have really had to dig into the earth to create those same raised beds, added so much organic materials, lots of work for a day or two, good veggies for years! Lately, Ive been throwing the wild raspberries and blackberrys all over the place, was greedy at first and would eat them all, but now, they are growing everywhere! Ive been outside all day, repotting, pest management, taking care of the animals. I also was able to convince my better half to clear some data off of my phone so that I can continue to update this page on the garden! She rocks! I can do alot in this game, but tech stuff is just not my thing, the world has moved on and I do my best to keep up, thank the lord for good fam! Hope everyone is well today. Here is the garden today. Going to upload some more later tonight. :v:

8 Likes

So excited about the new ability to take new photo’s :raised_hands::heart_eyes::hugs:…AND…I figured out how to grab the old one’s from the cloud(have always wanted to say that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)…So get ready for a photography extravaganza! As always, please feel free to post any of your own pics here, or random thoughts, comments, ya know, whatever, got to get it off your chest! Thank you to everyone who has been visiting, added to the puzzle, sent some love, or are just checkin in here for the first time. Love yall​:v::heart:

3 Likes

keeping these in flower on a manual schedule with the help of a flood light…lol…almost there

6 Likes

This girl is stacked for only two weeks or so of

veg, came from a mystery pack, Jersey Gardens…got to have a nice bit of chem in her…dusted two of her lowers with some banana og and something newer called Fiona’s Chem Cake…I bet breeders are like, “how the fuck they steal my shit that fast!?” Im like “well, you guys did it too, Im sure!” Never planning on selling anything myself so no worries, always have liked to gift though…only problem is these days, I have to keep it as legit as possible, for another couple of years or so, if ya catch my drift…so anyone happens to be in Va and in need of seed, I can legally gift you in this state.

7 Likes

Support system is looking good… with every grow I pretty much play it by ear…if this one works out it should be a few fat colas just floating over the bushy girl in front of her and the watermelon underneath…

7 Likes

7 Likes

waiting for whats left of Strawba the Hut x Samsqautch og freebie also hit with the Banana og and Fiona’s Chem Cake, a straight Strawba the Hut also got the same treatment, went kind of crazy round :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

have been thinking about this tree in the back, it gives some medium shade during late afternoon, the garden gets full sun from around 7am-4pm and then from 6pm-to whenever sunset occurs, which, is not great for flowering cannabis, though certainly works fine, just not optimal. Would love to hear some opinions on keeping shade trees verses removing them. I pruned the lowest branches last year, and am thinking I might take another pair, would be soon before flowering really sets in… hate to take the whole tree, but I do plan on using this spot for awhile, the shade definitely helps in the spring with seedlings and it does get really hot just around the time it shades the garden, any thoughts appreciated, hope all is well :pray: I also have found a small infestation of spider mites on a few plants, already on it with neem, pruning, and then will introduce lady bugs in a week or so, sound like a plan? What are your guys methods for pests?

5 Likes

Baumead, my big baby boy :baby:

6 Likes

on patrol…

3 Likes

top should be double Smile, el chemi kiwi below, both hit with Banana og, should be fun to dig into…next grow!

6 Likes

Yep, knew it. Got those mixed up. Top is the ECK and bottom is the DS, those were taken a week or two early, Ive let the seeds harden up too much in the past, Im likeing 4-5 weeks of “seed development time”

Last harvests haul…

dont waste that trim yall!..

8 Likes

Large bin, Forum stomper x Samsqautch
Jar, Strawberry Nuggets
Hash, 3-4g from about 3-4 ounces of trim and smalls from over five different strains, twas excellent. Saving up for the next round as we speak!

1 Like

Trust me, those pictures are much better than this…

2 Likes