Dendro's Outdoor Grow 2022

stealth camo props :metal:

1 Like

I try to keep things on the low…expect when I start posting online, that is…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::call_me_hand:

The garden this morning…everything looks good to me…have a good one all you OGeez out there…

6 Likes

I take it the microbial and fungal health of this old mulch we’re using is juuuust fine :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Lovely garden ya got there brother…
Gotta say, your attitude is uplifting :weight_lifting_man::parachute:

It’s totally up to you bro, even though most people wouldn’t bat an eye to remove a tree that inconveniences them almost no one would admit that publicly :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you @alwaysnoob now that was very uplifting of you to say. It really means alot to know that you and others are enjoying this and the whole attitude here in general is extremely positive and encouraging, especially for online forums. Im amazed to see how many other growers and smokers are out here just killing it with their grows and supporting those that do. Its kind of intimidating tbh, but I can see how it can be very helpful to be plugged in when the real problems arise. Some seriously talented individuals amoung us. Ive already learned so much from hawking others pages. Some of this stuff is way above my pay grade. Please guys, lmk if you have a journal or topic going on that I can support as well. As far as that tree goes, you’ve convinced me, its going to stay, fuck the yield, shmeild, that tree’s life is more important than my bottom line…and yes…its a big mo fo…alot of work!..lol…thanks brother👊

3 Likes

Getting close…“one more week”…lol

Top is a mystery girl(JerseyGardens), below Snowfire Afghan Kush(Digital Genetics)
Baumead says goodnight :sleeping:20220720_194702

10 Likes

Oh yeah, sugar trim turned into butter, is how my wife sleeps through the night for past 20 years, and the only item that stops her night sweats, and her restless leg issue.
Recently made my first infused honey, and batch of infused sugar also.
Pile in the cannabis however you can for it’s health benefits.
Baumead, what a beautiful dog! That is a picture perfect view, of a dog extremely comfortable in his environment!! So lovely to see them that way!!
We started working with my wife’s nephew’s dog.
They got him at the start of Covid, it’s never been walked, never met anyone other then the 3 in their family, never been away from the family. 2 years old now.
However now they want to go on vacation, and the dog is so anxious, no social skills, afraid of everyone, and has made itself, the pack leader of their home.
2 weeks ago, we go over to meet him for the first time.
He goes OFF at their front window, when anyone walks by. I asked the owner how he corrects that. “I dont, that is him being protective”. Dude he is red zoned!! He is screaming, because you let him.
How is he on walks? I can not walk him. I put him the harness on him and he PULLS me, no matter what I do. We do not leave the yard. WTF?
Last evening, was the first time, the dog ever was away from them, for about 4 hours.
For 50 minutes he paced the house, going window to window, door to door, so anxious!
He favored the patio door, so I sat down, with my back to him, at the door. About a half hour, he came to me, allowed me to get a leash on him. Poor dude, was shaking, drooling, just totally out of his comfort zone.
The leash calmed him a bit, I still can not pet or talk to him yet, as it would just validate his anxious mind.
He finally laid down beside me, and surrendered to being here.
I took him out for a walk, since they use the harness, and that turns on his work mode, he pulls like crazy. However, with my leash, I can make the lead keep his head up, and he got it so quick!!
Little dude got crazy happy, about our 4th stroll, around the back yard. Not pulling, walking right beside me. He would sit as we stopped walking, kept looking up to see what I wanted from him.
I reached down to give him a massage, I never pet a dog myself, that is for humans to feel good about themselves.
He was so knotted up, his poor legs were jumping, but he never ran, nor tried to bite me, so I just massaged him.
He fully surrendered, laid down, and allowed me to work his legs. He was so into the feeling, he laid out fully, and was enjoying himself.
I never said a word to him, for the whole 50 minutes, but in my head, I’m sending out, CALM, CALM, CALM energy to him.
We had a great, great experience with him. My wife walked him afterwards, and he stayed right at her side!!
Then we gave him his love, throwing a ball!!
FAST little dog, runs like the wind!! After about a hundred throws, he comes to the water bowl, clocks it, just demolishes it!! It’s his first lick of water in a couple of hours, very rare for a dog on a hot day.
As the nephew gets back, he could not believe his eyes, the dog was chilling, he was happy to see them of course, but was not showing his normal dominance/herding of them, as he knew, my energy made me the pack leader.

Soon we will spend a week or so with him, and I’m going to have dog play days for him, he has never been around another dog at all!
I love how they teach us far more than we teach them, if we pay attention.
Best to ya!!

5 Likes

I cant express how greatful I am for your words today @webeblzr :pray: I will forever be that much more kinder and CALM, CALM, CALM and whenever I do need a reminder, I will come back here to reread your beautiful expression of how to always treat other animals :sparkling_heart: thank you for sharing such wise life experiences and perceptions. It has not been lost on me of how you have also laid your hands upon me as well as anyone else lucky enough to come across your lessons here. So very grateful indeed. Its been a busy day and I really needed that. Sending good vibes back your way, hope all is well for you and the rest of the fam here! Double check on our furry friends yall(and any not so furry ones too), its a :fire: one out there today!
:v::heart:

7 Likes

If you ever shine a light across your yard at night, you’ll see a bunch of sparkles. Those are the eyes of wolf spiders. One thing you can do is put the solar powered night lights you can find at any store near a spider’s web. It’ll draw bugs in all night, and the spider will have a feast.

2 Likes

Morning all. Thats good to know those warriors are out there at night @Herrsquidward! Thank you for the suggestion. I used to go out at night as a kid to look for particular snakes and have seen all those eyes. Took a couple pictures the other night of the garden at around 10pm or so…

I would really worry about any lights at night during flower that last longer than a flash(and I wont be doing that again either),but I get your meaning, I just need to attract more predators. Ive heard about plants that deter certain pests and attract more predators but I have not really found the motivation and the time to go through with buying them or planting any. The garden is actually on the edge of a national forest, its a good 25-50 yards from the main house, so Im thinking since it really is smack in the middle of nature, there should already be plenty of beneficials to tackle the problem, its the indoor garden that Im having trouble with atm, I probably should have specified that?..my bad!, the neem seems to be helping after I removed the clearly infested leaves. Caught it early but this is the first time Ive ever actually had mites inside. Im looking for ladybugs to place in the tent but I haven’t seen them this year like I have in the past…maybe they come out later…might just have to order some. I do like a new challenge at this point, but all the horror stories have me worried, in the end, there is always an excellent organic solution…some shots from this morning… just steady growth!
On a side note…my girlfriends bank account was heisted for 15 grand on monday! No alerts from the bank. Nothing. Had to see it herself. Cant spend 50 bucks online without all sorts of warnings and safety locks, but then someone else can just go in and move that much without anyone noticing :thinking:?!! The bank hasn’t even really responded, Im thinking this is happening alot more than people are aware. Bank is Wells btw. If you got your life savings with them, might want to reconsider. Be safe yall :pray::heart:

7 Likes

A few new beans starting to come in…

just a few more days and the rest should be nice and dark…the flower is starting to rot so Im anxious to get them out asap

6 Likes

Can yall believe this photo is from June 2?! If everything keeps growing like this, its gonna be a hell of a harvest in a few more months🤞

5 Likes

Happy weekend OGs! Stay cool :sunglasses:…the ladys were baking this morning and its just getting hotter! Lots of water today and just a tad bit of extra micro nutrients, fed last round of organic veg nutrients last night, a dose of filtered fish crap from the aquariums

Hope everyone is safe and in a good space today. :pray:

8 Likes

8 Likes

Dude, this humid sub-tropical climate of ours (I’m in Georgia) is excellent for most plants. Right about now, everything here is in overdrive. The biggest problem, however, is the damn bugs. The plants we humans grow tend to have more nutrients, meaning the bugs target them specifically. And there is no shortage of bugs here in the Deep South.
If you haven’t already, I suggest you leave your porch light on all night, and watch what shows up. You’ll see something different every night, or damn near it.

1 Like

Man, I used to live on the panhandle, Navarre? FL., I believe. Had so much fun finding all the cool reptiles and amphibians down there! Scarlett Kingsnakes and Eastern Diamondbacks, frogs I couldn’t even identify because of all the introduced species :roll_eyes: Yeah yalls humidity is a bitch down there, did one grow on the edge of a military base, like 20 years ago…love that area, haven’t been back in awhile.
Have been getting some ideas and more importantly, much needed motivation, from checking out other people’s pages…did this today to the ginger grant…hopefully she’ll look better in the morning, was alittle upset at me for doing this so late in pre-flower…

…and this rainbow :rainbow: went “ALL THE WAY”, It was SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

This one was just too pretty to not share, had to get the garage out of the way, wish I had a better camera on this phone, couldn’t do it justice but this scene was still hella trippy to end the evening…

Have a good night OGs :v::sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

Dig your garden, nothing like a growing area to keep one ‘grounded’ :wink:

I see you mentioned pests, and beneficials, and how they interact with your garden.

Yes, your forested area crys NATURE! But, the wasps, predator flys, and lady beetles need a reason to come to your patch, and stick around all season long. And dont forget the birds, they eat all japanese beetles, grasshoppers, and other nasties.

Draw the predator bugs in with flowers: yarrow, calendula, and marigold to name just 3, of the dozens you could plant. This will draw the proper wasps and predators to your patch. Then, leave out bowls of water, with rocks in them, breaking the surface. Bugs need to drink too, and the rocks keep them from drowning.

Draw the birds in with suet, and water baths :slight_smile:

Happy growing

2 Likes

Florida would be an excellent place to grow the really long-flowering NLDs. The Gulf Coast could give California a run for their money, in fact. Even where I live, you can be guaranteed 7 months without frost every year. It sucks that the South has an excellent climate for growing, but has some of the most draconian laws against cannabis. Even when cannabis becomes legal federally, most parts of the South will keep it illegal. For example, Prohibition ended in 1933, but Georgia didn’t change their laws until 1935. There are still even dry counties in this region, and many places still won’t sell alcohol on Sundays.

1 Like

Oh sweet, thank you @Cartwright! Going to pick some up next time I’m out. I do have the fresh water available, but now I will get those seeds that the garden needs. Good to have you here, please feel free to bless us with more knowledge anytime your heart desires! Speaking for myself, I have always had a general love and understanding of the natural world, yet my skills, terminology and such could really use an update. I could read around all day long online and it wouldn’t stick but having one engaging conversation of these techniques, while the process is being implemented, and now I’ll never forget it! Again, very thankfull to you all for sharing your experiences and wisdom. You all make this page worth doing. And speaking of things worth doing, the South sure needs to get on board the cannabis industry, I know those rich politicians and friends are not happy about missing out on all that cash.
You are so very correct about the excellent climate down there @Herrsquidward as well as the general political climate. A double edged sword, although I have great faith that federal legislation is coming soon. I wouldn’t put it past Florida or some other states to go against but things seem to be changing. So many people growing there own these days! Hopefully, one of these days soon the laws down there, everywhere, will change, almost over night like they did here in Va. Got to have faith! Praying for ya!
Everything looking good today in the garden, staring to pull in cherry tomatoes, more and more squash and then watermelons should be soon. The ladys are definitely switching over to flower! Glad I learned alittle about cloning and my one reg plant turned out to be female, btw, if anyone knows anything about “Ginger Grant” from Brisco, hmu, can’t find a damn thing, probably gonna have to ask him my damn self! Shes the girl that just got the MacGyver trellis…short as can be for something that was never topped or trained except for a few well timed leaf removals and now the trellis…

I just jumped on right quick befor my son shows up for a visit and man, I really appreciate the kind words and support you guys! Hope all is well with you and yours today.:v: :heart:

7 Likes