Desert Snow CBG

I would say ordering off eBay is a dice roll at best that said I’ve yet to crap out on my 3 or 4 eBay orders all have been good and cheap

2 Likes

We have some Desert Snow seedlings at work. No clue where the seeds came from though.

@Lunash78 said he got the seeds form CBD Hemp Direct

1 Like

Awesome! Can you share if you know any details? I did see there is a THC strain with the same name. If it is CBG I’m wondering if you know feeding requirements (organic is what I do) or even if they are Sativa or Indica dominant? I can feel my way around that but I am curious as to harvest. I see very little information about that part. I’ve heard you’re supposed to harvest early, the trichomes don’t really mature at all in these strains, etc. The company I got them from hasn’t responded and I don’t think they will.

2 Likes

And they won’t return my email. I thought that would be the case… Sad.

1 Like

Thankfully @anon4675195 cleared up some questions in this post!

1 Like

I have some of The Real Seed Co’s CBG seeds. They’re supposedly closer to 10% cbg compared to your desert snow supposedly testing 20%+. Super interested in any info you find tho, I still haven’t even started mine yet.

Are the ones you bought males and females, or do they only sell feminized? I was late on the trigger and only feminized were still available. Might need to put in an order for these Desert Snow now.

2 Likes

On the CBD Strains, you DON’T wait until the Ambers darken. You actually harvest when you see the SLIGHTEST change, in my experience. If you allow then to ripen as Cannabis, you increase the chances they will go “hot”. Others may differ, only my 2 cents!!!

2 Likes

You gotta remember, they may NOT work on the weekend. Patience!!!

1 Like

They were actually fems. I will be getting them sometime next week! I will post a grow. I might just start a mother now. I have another THC strain I am wanting to get in flowering after my current flower grow is done.

1 Like

The first CBD strain I grew was from some Sour Space Candy. It hermied on me, which didn’t surprise me. It went really late and that is when the nanners appeared. I get what you mean about the hot haha! After harvest and cure, I rolled one up. It could have been regular flower at that point. I was surprised!

You’re right. The are out of Las Vegas. They actually have their gardens available for public tours. Not sure how it’s working for these COVID times, but it seems they are very busy people!

1 Like

@misterbee is vouched for…

He is our resident sniper (first class) :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

He has already helped me out immensely!

3 Likes

The seedlings we have are most definitely the CBG version. They have only been in soil for about a week. Honestly, the boss just had me plant them for a trial run this year. I know nothing about the strain, and very little about CBG. I’ll try and remember to post up any details as I find out more. :v:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I will post a link to the thread when I get mine started. Won’t be flowering in a hurry, but I will start something!

4 Likes

they don’t seem to carry it any longer :monkey_face: I did also get some before they ran out or stopped selling them, and will be checking them out in the near future. @Lunash76, how are yours going?

2 Likes

Doing good! I fed her some recharge and a tad of fish emulsion two nights ago. If I think of it, I will take a pic tonight. Like I said earlier, she is certainly an indica. Leaves are fat! Glad you got some before they stopped selling!

3 Likes

I grew out a packet of Desert Snow from CBD Hemp Direct, had them chemotyped, and trashed them all. Sad to say but none of them were CBG. All were CBD plants with ratios ranging from 16:1 - 26:1. Mostly all were already hot when sampled in week 7. Had a poor aroma and even worse structure. 0.242% CBGa was the highest of the Desert Snow lot, some of the H5 CBG I had growing in the same tent tested over 18% CBGa, with only .15% total THC.

10 Likes

Thanks for letting us know your experience with them - welcome to OverGrow!

4 Likes