Diesel guys...06 powerstroke 6.0

@vernal wait till you see the pics inpost here in a bit :+1:. We have a big cement slab out behind our place, and I really did not want to rip this truck down out in the elements. (And since I have the floor almost done in the house, my wife won’t allow me to build anything else in our livingroom…lol)Soooooo…
So we went dumpster diving, did not know for what yet…but away we went.
We kicked up a pretty good size carport that was dented up. Got it set up, and here are a few pics of it yesterday…wait till I post pics of it tonight. :rofl::joy: enclosed, and heated :+1:. So, I built a garage for 22 bucks in gas, and 30 bucks in assorted hardware. Sourced everything else :+1:

Some redneck heat added.

And I’ll post after I finish tonight on it :+1:

2 Likes

1 Like

Dude that’s badass. A little patience and willingness to put in a little work always pays off eventually.

That pallet fence is sick.

1 Like

Thanks brother. I’ve built our entire house out of pallets…like, literally :joy::rofl:

1 Like

I’ve seen what they build those cookie cutter suburb houses out of…drywall and balsa wood lol…pallets is probably actually better. Mine’s old as dirt, made of ancient beams, 1800’s DIY concrete and plaster…kind of a POS as a whoe, but it won’t fall down either haha.

1 Like

2 Likes

Well yeah the whole cab is like…3 cows worth of leather…or 180 baseball gloves. lol.

1 Like

I just my 2 cent from working at a diesel shop. When 4+ pickups with the 6.0 come in a year with blown head gaskets, its a problem. Not a YouTube crowd thing.

1 Like

I am a bit more skilled than the YouTube crowd :+1: more of a holiday inn express thing… :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

@vernal. I about spit Pepsi out of my nose laughing. :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Im a prefessional auto tech. Im not saying they dont blow. Head gaskets blow on any engine. But, its not as common as made out to be.

1 Like

One work shop almost done…haha

Allot of things are like that…lol 2 of our Camaros where cheap because they had bad lifters. …that actually was a broken chain tensioners :rofl::joy:
Always start at the basics, and NEVER believe anything the person before you told ya.

1 Like

And let’s use some industrial rubber dooring to close it off for the time being :+1:

And by golly boys, I have myself a heated shop to do this truck in :+1:

1 Like

Need to do a LS swap on my s10. On my way! Lol

1 Like

Come on brother :+1: Did a ls3 6spd swap in our rx8 :+1:(although at our old place with a huge garage and lifts and such…we live several states away from there now.)

1 Like

Yeah I wanna do ls1 t56. The 4.3 and 5spd isn’t enough

1 Like

Ah yes, that will be one EGR delete kit please👍 Looks like we do have an EGR cooler failure going on also. Pretty soupy in there.
Too bad this wasn’t the only issue. (Though I am sure did not help matters)

Ok, everything on order. Been thru the truck pretty well.
On top.of the engine parts-
Radiator
Both outer tie rod ends
Tires all around
Brakes all around with rotors
Shocks
Driver’s side window motor
One helluva detail job…lol
Should be under 4 grand in it all up, give or take a bit. Not bad for a “bullet proof” 6.0 powerstroke King ranch F250 :+1:

3 Likes

Just because. :grin:

3 Likes