Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

Been wanting some of those pollination bags especially after I got hipped to these, which have apparently been around since 1976? How have I never seen these:

Being a cheap Yankee bastard, I immediately went to find some equally cheap Scandinavian person who DIYed this because of the cost of imports and shipping, thanks Finnish guy:

He just uses garden row floating cover AKA horticultural fleece, which is basically a low-numbered MERV or HEPA-type non woven poly fabric, and it apparently contains pollen! He uses silicone caulk or glue for the seams and some clear plastic to make a window for viewing inside, pretty neat and something I have the materials for already. I’d like to avoid the “pollinate everything fuck it” temptation again by making some of these to have on hand ready. It should be easy enough to do the pollen container with a string release too, I’ll just mount a Lacon to the top of the bag with the pollen loaded and then superglue a thread to the lid to pull it open once the bag is sealed.

11 Likes