Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

I dropped some seeds the other night, more autoflowers since I’m having a little inconsistency with getting them to sprout in the final pots. I decided to go for my regular soak and Jiffy pellet routine and plant to just drop the pellets into dirt much earlier than I normally do. Cracked the seeds this time with an adjustable wrench, which seemed to work well, lots of healthy white sprouts after 48 hours in the H202 solution. I’ve got one of two Black and Blue Jack (crushed the other it looks like) and all four Sour Orange Diesel Kush x Crème de La Chem coming up it looks like. Had three more soaked pucks sitting there looking lonely in the sprouting tray so I dropped in three Malana Himchal Pradesh from Old World Organics by way of Colorado Sativas S1 of that line and finally to me as a kind gift from @US3RNAM3 who grew some out and I think F2d them? I was in a rush so I didn’t soak or sand them, it’ll be an interesting experiment in seeing how long these acclimated landrace seeds take to sprout as basically strewn seed. I know many of these have an auto-ejection trait for mature seeds and those seeds are surface sprouters that just take a while, so I’m going to be patient with these kids.

“ MALANA S1

Genetics: Pure Highland Sativa Charas cultivar obtained from farmers in Malana village, Himachal Pradesh, Northern India in 2014 (Old World Organics)

Outdoor flowering: Early to mid October

Old World Organics:

“Pure, open pollinated, Oregon acclimatized sativa hash plant. One of the most incredible and unique smoking experiences we’ve ever come across. Selected from seeds obtained from farmers in Malana Village in 2014. Most phenos will finish by mid October, but some will finish earlier. Very tolerant to wet/cold conditions, and almost completely impervious to mold/fungal infections. A very unique sativa experience, not comparable with other western “sativa dominant” varieties. Terpenes of sweet creamy mangoes and musky sandalwood, with the occasional hints of incensey chocolate from the purple phenos. Absolutely a true Himalayan gem. One of our favorites!”

Hoping these make a nice little surprise for one of my friends with a small outdoor space for 1-3 plants, I think the sativa hashplant structure should work well in southern New England where we have the cold wet in the fall pretty often, and it’ll be a neat one to hash up everything but the tops on! Seeing @Upstate being able to get seed and the potential for flower at a similar latitude gives me hope that they’ll finish up here in the river valley or on a south facing slope up in the hills. If everything goes well, I guess I’m going to be making temple balls during the holidays this year! I can’t think of a better strain to do it with, sativa hash is my favorite, and I’m hoping the experience hooks one of my friends on how cool it is to grow you own, once they open their drawer one morning and just look at all the glass jars full of hash.

15 Likes