Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

What’s funny is the sample Subcool entered lost. It was entered under a different name by that Patrick of Grean Bicycles… he was the guy that won… just Google search for “God’s Pussy Lets Get Dirty” in quotes and you can read the whole story.

4 Likes

Here’s an info dump on colchicine and plant mutations or variegation in research papers, I’ve been trying to better understand the possible role of forced mutations in lines like the Chems, DJ Short’s Floral line (Blueberry and Flo), G13, and possibly Cinderella 99/all the BG work from Princess Genius and Cafe Girl.

8 Likes

This morning brought the big come-up on the way to my Dad’s. I’ve been keeping an eye out for free stuff and this morning I found someone’s whole leftover outdoor or greenhouse grow supply cache put out. I had driven by it a few times and didn’t look close enough, check it out this haul:

All good organic stuff I’ve heard of, with one big mystery 5G that has just enough label to be a solvable puzzle l, it’ll all be useful this summer for the outdoor grows I’m helping out. A couple more finds like this and I’ll be able to do most of the grow for cheap to free with what’s already to hand on the property and some compost teas and KNF brews.

17 Likes

Nice find!!! Love the free-ninety-nine price tag!

3 Likes

That’s pretty f’d up to take his strain and change the name of it while entering it into a cup :thinking:

5 Likes

Here’s a better inventory of all those jugs and bags:

A dozen or more seedling trays both solid and mesh, a hundred feet or so of decent hose with fittings already on some of it and the rest in that crate, and a couple Schedule 40 distribution jawns already glued up. Pretty darn solid, most of them are half full or more, a few completely full.

7 Likes

Day 20 flowering:

Day 10 of seedling:

20 Likes

Looking awesome man!! I’ve been following this thread and just been loving all the posts! I can’t wait to see how everything turns out!! I’m excited to see that icy grapes finish! Different pheno then before right? I’m almost positive I saw a post that said you sexed out more Ig’s and others. Nice Job on everything looking amazing good sir!!

6 Likes

Yep this one’s P. Skittles pheno instead of BD

5 Likes

Just mixed up 25-30 gallons of soil to plant some autoflowers, herbs, and flowers for my Dad, in true Dirt Wizard style it ended up being:

-1cf bag of ProMix potting soil, the nice consumer one
-1cf bag of SM/MD perlite
-2 cups dumpstered gypsum pellets
-1 cup Espoma Plant-Tone

-1/4 cup DtE Azomite
-5 cups washed play sand
-3 gallons old peat-based potting soil I dug up from under the giant pine tree where we throw it, it’s been getting layered with pine needles for decades
-3 gallons of dirt from the old chicken and turkey run where I’ll be growing this summer, heavy fine clay soil, lots of glacial silt, we’re in the land of glacial till and erratics and at the bottom of a steep hill. Twenty years ago we kept birds there every year so there should be good fossilized shit mixed with corn (we used to give them whole cobs with the to pick apart besides Blue Seal cracked corn feed and all the kitchen organic from those years) and straw and wood chips (bedding), all decomposed. It looks incredible out there once I peel back the few inches of weed root matting like sod.

Now I’m gonna pack some pots and spray them down with the same soluble kelp/AgSil16H/Mr Fulvic combo that I’ve been doing foliars with all around the property today. Hoping to get all the buds popping on our spring flowering bushes and trees!

One idea I had that I wanted to ask people about was that I can get free wood chips from the town, and I was thinking to supercharge them with a soak in some strong compost tea or that same above mix, like charging biochar, then spread it around that way to increase the decomposition of all the years of unraked leaves. I saw it as a trick with LABS so I’m gonna do a lactobacillus batch and a ferti one, anyone done this for bioremediation on a property before?

13 Likes

I’ve always heard the leftover bits from making tea (twigs and leaf mold and such) are good for speeding up your compost pile, makes good sense to me :+1:

7 Likes

I definitely always add the stuff that gets screened out of my compost teas to my newest root ball bin and I think it really speeds up the soil recycling, though the ultimate in that is a strong (plant-killing) dose of Hygrozyme and some hot water

4 Likes

I was looking at this page in thinking about more hugelkultur beds for my own vegetable garden this year:

And I already love LABS so I was looking at some papers about how it does what it do so well:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0960852419316864

ANovelMethodforContributingtoCompostingStart-upatLowTemperaturebyInoculatingCold-adaptedMicrobialConsortium.pdf (979.7 KB)

6 Likes

Did the defoliation tonight, gonna get in there with the pollen tomorrow afternoon before I leave for the weekend. When I get back on Tuesday, I’ll hopefully have in hand one last surprise pollen from @Radicle_Reefer that he sent out a few days ago, I’ll let you wonder for now but just know that this first seed chuck just got extra-dank with some parent strain genetics coming in for a BX…

Before:

After:

The damage done:

Individual plants before defoliation tonight:

@LouDog420 Sour Chem tall

Blue Tara

LDSC short

Sowah G

Icy Grape

20 Likes

What size pots are those? They are deep, have you found the deeper pots allow for a better root structure than the shallower pots?

6 Likes

So much potential fertilizer!

11 Likes

Just got back from my Dad’s, today I planted him up three feminized autoflowers in that soil mix in some of my old five gallon fabric pots that I don’t use anymore. I put them right in front of him on the ledge of the bay window by his chair and the TV since it’s the sunniest and warmest place in the house, and it’ll remind him to check on them and water them when they get light. Hopefully the big pots, boot tray they’re on, and towel under that all keep the German Shepherd from knocking them down! I’m gonna let them rock in that soil mix to sprout and once they’re a week or two old I’ll sprinkle some Osmocote Plus Indoor-Outdoor down and top it with soil and a Reflectix disc for a little more light under the canopy. We’re going to try and do this with no supplemental light but I might end up moving them to another window and room with a LED flood hanging over them once they start to block his view.

I planted all seeds generously donated by OG members, one each of @JohnnyPotseed ’s Black and Blue Jack and @BasementBeans ’s Grizzly Grapes x Crème De La Chem and Sour Orange Diesel Kush x CDLC. Thanks you guys! Hopefully me and my dad are gonna try our first autoflowers and then outdoor growing this summer together!

The summer lineup is still in flux, I have six spots at my Dad’s house and twelve at my friends parents place that folks are letting me choose and provide seeds for, so there’s lots of options beyond one each of the three Hoku strains at each location (most likely), that leaves me twelve spots, probably:
-2x @Tonygreen G-Unit fems
-1x @iamyou_youareme Blueberry x T1000 fem
-1x Useful Chem D x Bag of Oranges fem
-2x @CopaGenetics “Diesel Project” AJ’s Sour Diesel x Project 25 fem (Copa’s Iranian x Hazeman’s Fast Pink) (thanks a ton @Enjoi802 folks should check his site for limited stuff like this)

That’s six more, leaving me six spots for regular plants. My plan is to try a clone or two from my local grow shop if they’ve got something good, I’m gonna talk to them soon and see what they can source from their own gardens or elsewhere that’s old school and outdoor friendly, I think they’ll have something good for me, we’re pretty tight at this point even though I’m not in that much. I’m gonna pop a dozen to fifteen seeds at my friends house who doesn’t grow and have the Farmer Freeman tests done to select the last 4-6 spots, I think that selection is going to be some or all of these:

-2x Copa testers Appy F5
-2x @Baudelaire / Fleur Du Mal Ortega Mix (Equilibrium Genetics African Orange [Agent Orange (Orange Velvet x Jack the Ripper) x Heirloom Malawi] x FDM Ortega indica preservation
-2x @Tonygreen NL5 x GG4 RIL
-2x @Tonygreen and @Roms Afrobub ((Pure Power Plant x Malawi) x Sour Bubble) x Gorilla Bubble BX5
EDIT:

-2x @lefthandseeds Black Lebanese
-2x @LouDog420 AK-47 F2 x Black Rose (Joey Weed vs Heath Robinson yeahhhh)
-2x @HolyAngel SSDD BX1
And maybe -2x Ninefold Collective Kaleidoscope Kush:

Genetics: Hot Damn X Pineapple Princess by Kak

The mix for Hot Damn was White Fire OG x (Pineapple Trainwreck x Chemdawg) I have been growing her for 2 1/2 years now having been blessed with the cut from kak’s garden when I was visiting.

Father was Pineapple Princess by Tricloud Genetics. Ole Tricloud used Cindy 88 and Cindy 99 in this outstanding spooge generating magnificent pineapple male ka used, his expressions from the tests I have seen are stellar and should pump up the volume on Hot Damn”

17 Likes

Oh yeah buddy it goes right into the soil bin every time, I crush them up with my hand and water them in with some Recharge toward the surface where they’ll get oxygen to break down. Many things enter the Magic Wand Factory but only buds leave uncomposted

9 Likes

Those are fifteen gallon tree pots from 247Garden, and yes I’m trying to get the root system stretched out vertical and some water tables going one from dry to wet, also watering less often! So far they’ve been amazing and also let me keep the layout of my tent since they’re only an inch or so wider than my 7G pots just almost twice as tall. They are $3 each and measure 21” tall by 14.5” in diameter. Can’t recommend 247Garden enough, they seem to be a US based drop shipper, stuff is still in factory wrap and they reuse the shipping boxes from China to mail your order in. They have every size and their material is high quality, stitching seems good so far, and the price is right:

I think a couple users here got me thinking about pot depth versus width and volume, particularly @OldUncleBen and his tree seeding pots, and @Wuachuma and his tapered tall garbage can water table tek.

Edit: damn maybe I should try these tents that’s the cheapest I’ve ever seen:

10 Likes

Great, thanks for the link, I’ll check them out.

3 Likes