Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

Hahaha. I’ve done the math.

6 Likes

I’m out of honey. I need some more. My Lavendar tea tastes like sh*t without it.

I bought some of those stuff from Strayfox. Healing Honey… it made a delicious cup of tea. I went through both jars in less than 2 weeks. I need more of it…

13 Likes

Where are you in NY? I believe in eating local raw honey, it’s been shown in studies to help with allergens and general health, think of it as bees making delicious IMO for us to eat. That doesn’t necessarily have to be within 5-10 miles but staying in the same bioregion probably makes a difference.

9 Likes

This is nice stuff I’ve had from the Finger Lakes, that’s an area that’s ideal for apiaries especially since they do well around orchards and vineyards. Good prices for interesting varietals:

6 Likes

This is a cool site:

https://www.localhoneyfinder.org/index.php#states

4 Likes

Central NY… and yeah I can get honey locally but it isn’t made with cannabis concentrate so it isn’t nearly as fun. That Strayfox stuff was incredible.

5 Likes

i used to live like 3 miles away from that place although have never been. the whole area is scattered with orchards apiaries etc…

1 Like

No need to drive for it, it was $35 for a half gallon, or $64 for a gallon, they ship:

6 Likes

This is very interesting, I was trying to find out more about the Malana Himchal Pradesh village that I’ve been growing, it’s got speed and vigor right from seed and seems like one of those plants that just has to grow, I see now that the folks at Mandala think highly of it enough that they use it as one of their breeding studs for fast resistant outdoor, definitely sounds like a good one for New England outdoor!

7 Likes

Night of Day 71 yesterday, they’re starting to round the finish line, might take down Icy Grape tomorrow:

Blue Tara

4SD x Chem DD) x Sour Jack, aka LDSC
Short and chunky pheno

Sowah G

Icy Grape

LDSC tall and branchy pheno (no slouch on the stacking tho)

Gotta get my new Mars Hydro 2x4’ setup today now that I found the right pallet to put it on in the occasionally floody corner where it has to go. First use is gonna be drying tent, and then it’s becoming the new seedling and veg space so the AC Infinity 3x4’ can become home for the Vortex Coop Run that I’m overdue on starting.

22 Likes

wonderful plants, cool varieties!
looking forward to continuing with Vortex!!!

7 Likes

Trich check, Day 71 on Blue Tara

16 Likes

And Icy Grape

Gotta check the others but it’s looking like I successfully chose strains that all have about an 11-12 week finishing time

22 Likes

I would definitely recommend Mandala #1 for fast reliable outdoor. Haven’t tried their speed queen though.

6 Likes

This year I mixed up potting mix from 4cf of ProMix moisture control, 1.5cf Espoma Organic Raised Bed Mix, 1cf composted cow manure (Wicked Good from Connecticut Organics), 2qt CoM EWC, 1qt Espoma Lightning Lime, and a five gallon bucket of the local topsoil and compost mix we filled the raised beds with last year.

That was the base and then I added 3c Tomato-Tone, 3c Plant-Tone, 3c Bio-Fish, 3c Dr Earth 4-6-3, 2c Bio-Tone Starter, 2c insect frass, 1c Roots seabird guano, and a cup of AgSil16H as nutes and micros and mycos etc. I filled a quart takeout with a cup each of rolled oats, basmati rice, flax seed meal, and chickpea flour and mixed that in too, to give the soil something to chew on as it wakes up and it can colonize new territory along with the sterile ProMix. That’s cooking under a tarp in the driveway for a week or so while I get pots ready and find the last materials for the mix.

I need to find 10-20 gallons of pumice around soon and wash a cubic foot of coarse perlite and that will be the aeration along with maybe some washed play sand and I gotta scrape up some leaf mold from the local forest. Maybe rice hulls if the local brew place has them for cheap and I can get some malted barley too, I only have powder and I want some coarse grind. That’ll do it, and should get me something like ten cubic feet of potting mix to play with this summer along with the raised beds and the nice black milled mulch I’ve been getting from the local trash place for $20/yard, hauling back half a yard at a time on my bike trailer in roller bins and Rubbermaid totes.

14 Likes

Wow.
Look amazing
Fantastic frosty.
That plant have long florewing time but should have heavy trip.
I love long flowering plants.
Back to say that icy grape was fantastic

5 Likes

Beautiful trichs! That Icy Grape is looking :ice_cube:

Glad to see other folks mixing up soil in a tarp like I am. The oats, flax, chickpea flour and rice are interesting additions.

5 Likes

My understanding is that the oats and rice give the fungi an especially good place to live, and by not putting it in cooked it will be there longer before being completely broken down. The flax is because I have a lot of flax and I’ve seen it in fertilizer mixes before, the chickpea flour similarly, the bean proteins are good soil food AFAIK just like hydrolyzed soy or fish, and I have a bunch of 5/$1 bags of it, I mixed in a container of ground king trumpet mushrooms the other day, grown on oats as a medium and then ground whole as a food seasoning? Not my thing but I bet the soil will like it, I dump in all sorts of things here and there from the local organic discount food store. Sometimes fresh rice wash water or potato boiling water etc, as well.

7 Likes

I’m learning new stuff everyday. That’s a great idea

Was listening to something about fruit ferments the other day.

3 Likes

(4SD x Chem DD) x Sour Jack short and chunky pheno

(4SD x Chem DD) x Sour Jack tall and branchy pheno

Sowah Grapefruit

14 Likes