Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

I spray AgSil16H which is potassium silicate, it doesn’t kill bugs but they hate it and it helps the plants toughen up their cell walls fast to resist the sap suckers. I believe stabilized mono-silicic acid is actually a pesticide but I don’t have any in house

Just like @breadwinner said

2 Likes

Got some updates due today, for my own bookkeeping here’s where things are at:

-Autoflower fem pots- 30 days from sprout (15g plastic, three plants in each of two pots)
-BLB/HashTash/G-Unit fems- 5 weeks from sprout (just repotted to 3g plastic)
-Sowah G F2 from @Boozer- F70ish? (5G plastic)
-Stardawg x JTR cut from @catapult at F12ish in 5g fabric pot, need to take cuts soon when I thin it
-Vortex seed moms x4 at Day F67, gotta check one of them for intersex today while removing fan leaves from all of them, I gave out clones to a handful of members here and @catapult stress tested them for me and reported instability in one of the moms. That’s why I tried to go big on the plants in case one ended up being unstable genetics :flushed::sob::cry:

Big Don “Warbird” clones:
2x in flower, one in 2G fabric one in 5g plastic F56?
1x mom just flipped to flower in 1g plastic needs repotting to 3g
1x clone coming along strong in 3x3 tall needs repot
2x moms chilling

Vortex F1 clones: they’re all good, got a bunch and should probably give away duplicates to locals here once I get my pest problem cleared up.

Cat Scratch Skunk #7 from Catapult is potted up to go to flower soon

Mothers Milk #31 cut finished reveg and is throwing normal healthy green leaves again instead of yellow mountain laurel single finger freaks, that’ll get used eventually but there’s a traffic jam first

And last but not least, 2x Bay Breeze #2 (Zkittles x Kush Cleaner) and 1x Black Cherry Soda BX2 plugs managed to survive with healthy white roots for a month, I guess I’m doing something right! Repotted those up and now I know they’re tough genetics I guess.

14 Likes

Glad you got some survivors there:)

I run clones in a dome on a bed of perlite and verm and can usually get a good couple months before they get too annoyed at me. Roots go down into the medium and might even come out intact (with certain and steady care), or they get abruptly pruned when it’s time for transplant

I think this is a tray from that same round of cuttings you got.

Here’s my secret weapon for watering clones.

I use this at first cause you can direct a very controlled spray (think sake from the hibachi place, lol) Once the clones got roots shooting out I use a cheap pump sprayer that saturates them quicker but w more over spray.

Black Cherry Soda bx2 about 35 days in

13 Likes

Dang, go science! Seeds have stomata just like leaves do!

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0d-qd4rEgF/

17 Likes

Ooh that’s a great idea!:bulb:

The seed stomata makes sense I guess :thinking: seeds gotta breathe while it’s growing. I’d imagine they close up completely though by the time the shell is done and ready for harvesting :thinking:

6 Likes

I wonder! Dr Justice was extemporizing in the comments about how it could be one of the reasons why cannabis seeds sprout so fast and vigorous compared to many other species, that the pores might help them imbibe moisture and/or oxygen faster. But it’s all brand new, I guess we’re gonna find out

6 Likes

Very cool! Makes sense I suppose. :thinking:

2 Likes

It’s an easy, low maintenance, high success rate method I found a couple years ago.

Low watt led shop light 18/6 keeps em fairly happy and in stasis for a while and ready to go once you give them medium and wattage.

Ok, I do also soak my cubes in a light Kelp and crushed aloe mixture, which I will also supplement feed maybe once or twice a month or so. Like w water, less early on until roots get established, then once they do start just soaking and saturating the cubes allowing a little overspray into the trays every few days or so, depending obv on ambient and rh.

7 Likes

I can usually keep them quite happy for up to about 45 days max, I use rhizotonic , and once rooted a low clonex solution as well, and I keep the base filled with water with a few drops of bleach to keep the algae at bay. I’ve had it so the roots were all tangled and filled the entire base before, now once they are about 6” I remove or trim them.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m sold, I’m going to get something like that assembled in a cabinet or storage trunk somewhere in the basement as a clone and mom room, I have that stuff already just need a little vermiculite, I’ve got perlite for days since I started ordering it from Greenhouse Megastore when they have free shipping, it only takes two bags to hit a volume discount with that and it ends up mega cheap:

8 Likes

Slamming this 2x4 so hard that the door stays open for now, at least at the bottom to drape over the plants sitting outside rooting out for flower, there’s a Big Don mom and a Cat Scratch Skunk #7 sitting there in front. I’ve got another Big Don clone in the flower tent for a day or two already that still needs the potting up and I’ll say it’s an experiment to see how much she cares about rooting pre-flip.

17 Likes

Looks like that Big Don x Vortex chuck happened too, nice nice nice just pulled these off a BD clone in later flower:

I have SO MUCH seed shucking to do soon that I’m starting to think I should build one of those shop vac separators, anyone have experience to share? @Tonygreen @lefthandseeds @Upstate @SamwellBB

14 Likes

@Shevchenko expect mails soon my friend!

2 Likes

It’s the most wonderful time of the year…it’s below freezing and time for dry sifting on the porch!

This is Malana trim, not even remotely all of it, just a few cups:

23 Likes

My pro tip for the night is to take a new razor blade and dull it on a stone by holding it perpendicular but not exactly so each time, let it wiggle 5-10 degrees off ninety in each direction as you drag the edge and it’ll convex smoothly into a perfect scraping tool that won’t scratch plastic.

11 Likes

For no particular reason other than that I grew a mustache recently to go with the full beard I’ve had for a long time, and I just smoked a fat joint of Janis while shucking seeds, and I’m very stoned:

RIP Young King Dave, almost every week I still randomly say out loud “it’s fuckin niiiice out” and “hehe yeah I’m smoking motherfuckin fat doinks in Amish looking at cows and shit” or “who wanna smoke I got loud”

IMG_6341

Only thing left to say is GANG

11 Likes

Rip king Dave I often randomly think of the Amish video when smoking doinks :joy:

3 Likes

I have gone down a rabbit hole on how do I make DIY Hygrozyme from pure enzyme powder and I think that this company is the place I’ll find them. Have to get single enzymes shipped from India unless they have a North American distributor, but I’m also curious to ask them about a custom formulation that replicates the HG formula with a few twists, I wonder how many kilograms of it we’d have to buy to get custom formulations?

5 Likes

Oh man… that looks so heavenly. Man I wish we were neighbors or something so I could come over to smoke a bowl with that stuff just sprinkled on there. :laughing:

4 Likes

Hmm. Somehow this is really the first I’m actually reading about Hygrozyme. I know I’ve seen it before in your thread but I guess maybe I miss things until the time is right for me to intake the new information. Otherwise I’d be ADHD as hell. Interesting though.

Hmmm. Also reminds me I need to get out and take care of my big pots outside. I think I’m going to throw the dirt into a big tarped pile so next season I can go to smaller pots, maybe 25 gallons. I need more than 3 plants out there. I’d add some of this when I tarp it up for the winter to help with the decomposition of all the root matter? The plan was to use some insect frass ferment only and collect some decent samples to send for analysis.

Nice sift pile! I’ve found that my business card makes a great sift-scraper BTW. I only get maybe two sift collections per business card but I have way too many so doesn’t matter.

2 Likes