Dirt Wizard's Magic Wand Factory and Library Lounge

Just finally found a source for smaller packages of some of the Big Ag stuff I want, hope it turns out to be legit! I needed Botanigard 22WP but not $100 worth, just spent $17 for 18 grams to give it a try, they’ve got some other stuff people might be interested in, some of it is not great for cannabis or at least not for flowering but much is:

I’m gonna make a gallon of soil drench for root aphids and the rest for foliars and hope it works, if it does I’ll get more to keep in reserve here for the next time I lose a grip on the pest IPM

If it works as good as people say I’ll probably buy a pound of it for $95 from Arbico maybe hit a coupon and get it for less and split it with some folks here since there’s plenty of room for shipping costs to send it around at 22¢/gram instead of $1/gram like I just spent. I’ll keep you all updated in a week or whenever it gets here and I start spraying.

Tonight I gave all my plants and soil a good spray down with 2L of Bonide Thuricide, the BTI is good but I should be using BTK sometimes too.

8 Likes

I’m also curious how it works if it’s good I’ll join the pound party :tada:

2 Likes

IMG_6974

3 Likes

Seriously tho, $90 for 448 grams could get split four ways, $25/each for three other people to cover shipping but you’d get 112g of wettable powder, which seems like about a years supply for a big home grower like many of us. Hmmm we need to start a coop for buying ag stuff in the 50lb sacks and breaking it down, sending it around in flat rates. Weirdest farm coop ever.

I saw good recommendations from @zephyr @CruJones @herojuana.tom and others and I’m ready for something that will target that list in the post above- aphids, whiteflies, mites etc

13 Likes

I don’t understand it’s just were I put my egg shell for my garden !

As I posted earlier it nice to see others using the egg shells my grandmother taught my as a kid in her garden I put my threw the coffee grinder .

10 Likes

If you need any more let me know and I can hook it up @Dirt_Wizard

I had root aphids and that did it for me, although it took two attempts and I was cloning out of it to keep moms.

I cleaned all the plants really well and took cuttings and rooted them on the third floor of my house. The trick is for NO plant material whatsoever in your main grow area. Root aphids clone/ there’s no eggs in indoor grows. No plant material= no root aphids.

I soaked my root riot cubes in Botanigard. Any stragglers got smoked while they were rooting up.

Root aphids suck but you can absolutely win. Finish this run, then clean up moms if you have them. If you’re not keeping moms and just running from seed then it’s a piece of cake. No plants for a week and you’re ready to start over.

5 Likes

I gotta get on better diagnosis, I have just been whacking at everything because I got a few things at once and I was freaking out. Idk if I have root apihids particularly but I got some kind, gonna try and figure out what’s left at this point today with the help of some pest ID guides and maybe an app.

Got some nice mail this morning from @deeez99 to brighten the day, what a hookup with these Tajikistan genetics sorted by mom/dad pairing, I really need to go give a look back through that grow log and make notes to go with these. This is going to help my blooming Central Asian project a lot thanks so much and the Hoku extras are also super sick, I wanted to get these! Gonna pop a few immediately like today with some other things I’m starting up in a tray of plugs, since I have a pair of Hoku seedlings going already, I should sprout some CBD while I’m at it, then I’d have CBG/THCV/CBD covered in an upcoming run maybe small plants to check these things out more.

Congoz V is a regular photoperiod from Floyd at Hoku Seed Co, his description is:

Genetics: Palmera THCV x Kunduz D F3

We selected a very fast finishing 1:1 Palmera female that was done right at 10 weeks of flower. She is a stretchy sativa with Congolese origins and a very pronounced profile. Flavors range from overripe fruit to floral essences. Yields were on the low to medium side, but buds were extremely resinous and dense. Effects are very clearheaded and energetic.

To pollinate, we used three different Kunduz D males, all Indica dominant with very similar structures and profile. The kunduz D F3 is a cross of an inbred afghan line from the kunduz region and Marie Laveauv, an indica strain bred by crossing Big Poppa (Garlic) X Lashkargah White 91. The cross was originally bred in Pennsylvania and came to me in a seed trade. After growing them out, I realized they were an amazing Indica hybrid with great medicinal value and breeding potential. The line is super stable, Indica dominant, with a very high terpene and resin content. Profiles range from pine and grape to musk and spice. The effects provide a nice cerebral head buzz that fades into a complete body relaxation.

Congoz V will be type 1 with mixed ratios of Thc:thcv in the 5:1-2:1 range

This one really interested me when I made an order but I tried the Rhinestone Villain and Villain OG instead, sprouted some last February but I never saw them flowered out, they went to a friend with a bunch of other plants but we stopped talking unfortunately. Hope the medicinal genetics helped them out at least! I tried to give them a whole spectrum of cannabinoids to help with anxiety and depression, I see them online doing better and I’d like to hope that their porch full of plants made a little difference.

11 Likes

Awesome, glad they made it a day earlier than expected! I thought you might appreciate the separation of seeds and wanted to make sure you had lots to work with. I am really enjoying this one still. The #2 had the best aroma and nice potency but then later in cure the #3 seems like it hits much harder although the aromas are not as strong.

That pack of Congoz V was a freebie from Floyd with my last order and I already had a pack so I figured I’d pass it along to someone else that appreciates his work. I did grow out one female this past season and I’ll see if I can find some pics to share. I don’t actually know if I ended up taking pics in flower though cause I had it placed in a weird spot outside and as always what happens with me is that I have so many going that I don’t always document every single plant properly. The flower is great though and it has a pretty up high when I first sampled it. I vaped it before bed the first time and knew immediately that was a mistake. It mellows out nicely but I do rather enjoy it earlier in the evening. I’ll get some TLC tests done and share the cannabinoid profile when I get a chance, just been pretty busy with life. Cheers amigo!

5 Likes

Starting a tray of seeds today, thinking it’ll be:

2x Congoz V just because

12x Carbon Killerz x Durban/Lambsbread testers for Copa Genetics

And then whatever I want to do next for an open pollination or selected F2, got a few I’m juggling between and can’t decide…

11 Likes

@Kami @FieldEffect @Magu and everyone else, here we go!

This is what’s getting popped:

Oldest seeds, 2013-14, we will see about germ rate, are the Cherry Destroyer x8 and C99 (Heath Robinson cut) x Sour D/Super Skunk (presumably JJ TopDawg) x9

Cherry Destroyer is Cherry Candy Fuel x Destroyer by French guy Jean/Jeano at Cannaweed:

“Few clones have been floating around, more seeds… Jean went to the f3 as far as I know, and there are many pink pistils phenotypes to be found. the CCF has been crossed by him with Destroyer, for an amazing blend of thai and detergent cherry smell, huge buds and great smoke, lost to prosperity ^^ This impressed the hell out of one of my friend which is probably one of the most picky person I know when it comes to herb.”

CCF is by @moonunit at ICMag and here is some lineage info from Slayer at Mr Nice forums who took the line over in AUS:

“ Hello there sativaXindica , thanks for dropping in & thank you for your question. Cherry Candy Fuel (CCF) is polyhybrid comprised of ‘Candy’ (An unknown hybrid from Holland, possibly a Blueberry cross.) x CherryFuel. Cherryfuel is 2 landrace Sativa’s both sourced here in Australia, Cherry Sativa x Father of Fuel 3 Sativa. moonunit originally developed the strain but passed the entire line on to me to work with. [image] His aim was to produce a compact Indica-looking plant that retains the Sativa FoF high. All pheno’s have the incredible Cherry aroma that smells a bit fake actually, like Cherry flavouring that is used for children’s medicine’s. Even the most Indica looking pheno’s are more of a compact sativa with foxtail buds that retain the FoF ‘wave’ type high.”

C99 x SD/SS is by @Corsaire at ICMag and I think it’s his attempt to recreate Soma’s original NYCD

Congoz V I pasted the description a few posts back.

Good Medicine F3 x4 to find a nice mom for some CBD buds thanks to @LegsMahoney

And then all ten of the Carbon Killerz #1 x Durban/Lambsbread testers:

The D/L dad is from @Wuachuma and is Vibes Lambsbread, the Durban I would guess to be Cannabiogen.

Carbon Killerz is from Strayfox and is Burnout Skunk x Skunk Killerz:

Also check out @firehead ’s posts if you want to see the sister pheno getting tested, they are way ahead of me

24 Likes

Others may have different experiences but I’ve noticed that when I buy a lb of Gnatrol by the time I get 3/4 of the way through it the efficacy seems to drop noticeably (around a year or so). I store in a cool, dark area in an airtight container. This degradation process seems accelerated when I store some in my warmer grow area. Just figured I’d add that anecdote - and if anyone has a solution I’d be interested because I’m constantly plagued with gnats.

Also out of an abundance of caution it’s probably a good idea to wear mask and eye protection with the Botanigard. According to wiki although rare, there has been at least one reported human infection of Beauveria bassiana (immune compromised).

The fungus rarely infects humans or other animals, so it is generally considered safe as an insecticide. However, at least one case of human infection by B. bassiana has been reported in a person with a suppressed immune system.[17] Additionally, the spores may exacerbate breathing difficulties.

Just posted this in another thread talking about gnats but figured you may appreciate it as well as a DIY approach to gnats -

10 Likes

Those all sound amazing. Nice presentation of the history.

My money is on Cherry Destroyer being the pick of the litter :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@FieldEffect the plan is to let all the stable males of Cherry Destroyer live and do an OP to increase the line. The C99 x SD/SS I plan to put the best male into an isolation box and collect pollen, to use on some branches along with selected CD pollen from whatever dad I like the looks of best. Filtered between each tent this time, every one isolated with MERV 13 filter cloth on intakes and exhausts to catch pollen and dust.

The Copa testers will have all but the nicest looking male culled then I’ll put him into a second isolation box to save pollen and selectively F2 these for my own use.

CD I might ask the Freakers if they’d accept as an entry into the collective IDK

Hoping the testers don’t run 15 weeks.

C99 x SD/SS will be a nice summer smoke alongside the G-Unit (Sowahh x GB BX5) I’m flipping to flower soon.

The next run going to flower is all heavy AF stuff mostly from @dinopartychucks and then I have some Black Cherry Soda and Bay Breeze to run from clones maybe try a little SOG in SIPs for a low maintenance run, I need to do some C99 or Princess also or more Durban or both, holy shit I smoke and give away a lot of weed!

14 Likes

lucky you. woo-hoo. from @deeez99

Double WOO-HOO!

5 Likes

hell yeah so much good variety of some older pedigree genetics. That old c99 x is what I’m looking forward to see the most

4 Likes

Not lost to posterity any now or soon at least! Thanks to @santero for these and some other upcoming preservations, along with some of the random extras I’ve sent some of you in trades

2 Likes

I’ve got a single fem bean of this from a generous member…so very curious!

7 Likes

Nice! Gonna be dank af!

3 Likes

Just FWIW somewhat off topic…I can’t put down the McGee “On Food and Cooking” book

Arrived yesterday and it’s finding a new home in my mind.

Really appreciate the tip :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes