Disabled growers

they’re mostly dumbasses, all the way on up the ladder, to NASA. :rocket: :boom:
i could be on a Xanax drip-feed & a colostomy-bag but i prefer to smoke weed all day as a healthier alternative. :wink: :rolling_eyes: :smoking: :poop:

hehe

try seeing a psychiatrist…ha!..they PRESCRIBE DRUGS. that’s it. complete fucks. :syringe: :skull_crossbones:

the whole spectrum of health professions in america are corrupt & arcane nepotistic clusterfucks for society. :moneybag:

thanks man, i’m glad you didn’t just give in to fate. fate’s a bitch. heh

you made my day. thanks & this is precisely the momentum the thread needs. just need to find more stoners. :thinking: :wheelchair: :smoking:
nothing laughable about the methods, at all. maybe in a year this thread will have enough meat to become a FAQ. :pray:

:evergreen_tree: <— is almost satisfied

2 Likes

I hear you brother we can grow

3 nursery pots of vegging plants will fit into rubber oil pan from the dollar store. The oil plans can easily slide to position plants under lights or near fans. The oil plans catch overflow, fresh castings generated by worms in living soil and can also be used to bottom water.

1 Like

you or talking what I would like to learn organic soil.

I use Coots organic soil recipe as a guide. Excellent earthworm compost is key factor because it contains earthworm cocoons, nematodes, bacteria, fungi and other living critters. I use Black Star, Wormganic and homemade earthworm castings from compost bin.

My compost bin is recycled soil with root balls, kitchen scraps like kale, coffee grounds, rice from LAB, leftovers from sprouted seed tea, ferments and compost tea, alfalfa and kelp meal, seaweed, microbe powder, dried molasses, corn husks, mushrooms etc.

1 Like

would u send me detailed instruction on how to make coots soiland dry adments amonts per cubic foot of soil dou use teas with thismixor enzymes from wild plants toad to soil biology. I like theidea of making my own soil so I know exactly hat is in it so if deficiency show up I will have a starting amount to add to not much info on this site how to build aorganic soil I believe is the way to grow excellent meds.

I sent you a message. I hope it’s helpful but I am still learning how to use this site :smirk:

1 Like

I have damage to the cervical spine and reduced manual dexterity and strength. I use light green cups for seedlings so I can check the roots. I can’t drill holes through 2 cups at once. The light green cups have not impaired the plants growing under t5 lights.

2 Likes

I’ve been deemed catastrophic and on pension disability for almost4 years.
I had a work accident followed by a car accident during a trip to physio and it has changed the way I live and grow.
For me the hardest part was coming to grips with not being able to do the same things physically that I used to but after u get accustomed to your new reality all the same things are still doable just in a different way.
I’ve been working on ways to grow as efficiently and cheaply as possible.

3 Likes

@DanzaKuduro @Torontoke

Thanks for sharing your struggles. Keep on truckin’ :truck: :v: :head_bandage:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I couldnt agree with you more, wow!that is so similar to my own story, my own heart! Cheers wish you the best!

1 Like

This is a good subject. Being in a wheelchair you learn to do thins different. I have just watched this post since I kind of dominated before. Come on folks there has to be more disabled people here on overgrow. Lets hear from more of you. I have a little mobility and switch to an office chair to do my gardens. I can push myself around and do the therapy they have me doing so my legs don’t attrfy any worse then they already have. For those of you that know my story. They found that C3-C4 in my cervical spine (your neck) where pinching the spinal cord and causing the damage in my left leg and right hand and arm. Trying to avoid surgery. Just an update for those that responded to my posts. Ok enough from me. Come on folks let’s hear how you have had to change the way you grow because of a disability.

2 Likes

Was reading through this thread and was wondering if what I could provide would be of any benefit. I’m sure most might use these as aides already but what about dolleys to put under your plants in pots? Also I’v also been using Mel Bartholomew concept of SFG( square foot gardening) over the years and in his book they touch on how to use an elevated box for people in wheel chairs most boxes are 4x4 but can be tailored to any design small enough to reach into the center form all angles! His book could be a most libraries but found to be a great investment in anyone’s library! Hope this gets the wheels turning for ya guys?

3 Likes

I’m way too tired & high to do it at the moment… :smile: but I’ll chime in. Some think I’m Judge Mental.

:evergreen_tree: :joy: your highness

By the way it is your sire not your highness. If your going to do it do it right. Just cause the name doesn’t mean highness. It can also be the name of your sire. LOL.

1 Like

I am disabled,
have been for 15 years. I am not proud of it, it, is just, what is. I have a multitude of health problems. The main problem is my skeletal system. I have lived with pain most of my life, and was able to deal with it well until multiple issues stacked on top of each other.
The doctors tried every pill and patch that has been made on me over the past 30 years (from hydrocodone to methadone). I got to where nothing was doing anything, at all. The doc’s keep switching meds every 2 months to try to get them to work, to no avail, so I, tapperred myself off over a 3 week period and gave up all the pain meds. This is probably the best thing that I ever did, it was a little nerve racking at the time, but I had to do it, I thought.
I have bone spurs that have caused by C3-C4 vertibrea to rupture and only one was able to be replaced. I have spinal stenosis closing off my spinal cord (which has caused loss of feeling in my arms from below my elbows at all times, and I sparadicaly loose the feeling in parts of my legs out of the blue and can fall at times, life IS one hell of a journey). I have sciatic nerve damage on the right side that dominates. This year a new twist in the grand scheme of life, not only did I have all of these things going on, the left sciatic nerve flared up for about 5 weeks. I wanted to die, at certain times. If it were not for the medication that I am growing and have learned so much about from so many on this site, I dare to say, it would not have been possible, so, I do not know what I can do to help out with your mission, but I will help however I can.

I also wish to give a profound Thank You, to all who have helped me out when I have searched for assistance.

Regards,

mike28086

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing mike28086. How do you use cannabis medicinally(may i ask)? i see the ‘favorite strains’ & am wondering if they have separate uses for you.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

I make cannabutter, canna oil, and I even smoke a lot of it. I think that I am up to trying about any form of use. At one point White Widow was my go to for everything. Now days I am trying a mixture of Somango XXL for relaxation and White Widow for deep seated pain. But, I’m thinking that I need a different 50/50 mix medical cannabis something like Aurora Indica or the like, to handle all my needs. I have in my running order at this time, some Penny Wise F2 seeds that were gifted to me by a dear friend not long ago (already taken a few clones), that I have great hopes for in this exact area. I also have a 2 other gift seeds, to try as well, to see how they do for me. I just have to run them and see?
I am open to any recommendations also. I have loads of respect for the opinions of the members on this site.

Regards,

mike28086

4 Likes

Mike thank you for sharing your story with us. You and I have a lot of the same problems. Please share with us the different ways you do things in your grow because of the limitation of your disabilities. There are a lot of people here that have health issues of some type and would really like to know so they can learn to do things easier. Again thank you for sharing your story…

Have a great day and better tomorrow.

4 Likes

Kelly, thanks for your inquiry, I just mainly try to make things as simple for myself, as I, think, I can. Now, mind you, my thinking is not what it was, by a long shot. I was an Engineer, once upon a time. People that I worked with would say that I had 7 or 8 projects going on in my head at the same time. That was a lot of Dr.s and a whole lot of years worth of prescriptions later. Now, I’m trying to remember to check my list to keep up with what to do next. If I do, I do, If I don’t, well… It miiiiight get done later… if I remember to check my list?

Here we go!

I get my base compost from the county for free, age it more (if needed) or screen and mix in a very large 2-wheeled, wheel-barrel with the vermiculite and peat moss (1,1,1 mix). I mix enough for my needs usually 3 to 5 adult plants at a time and some clone testing, etc… What I don’t use I store the best I can until needed.

I use a bedroom closest to hall bathroom for obvious reasons (water transport and removal)

I use three (3) large pet kennel floor enclosures as the floor lining protector. from chewy.com (didn’t know if I was allowed to install a link) called Frisco Dog Crate Replacement Pan (they have 6 or 8 sizes)

I cut and store my clones in a zip-lock type bag with 2 breaths of air in my refrigerator up to 6 weeks until needed (or I need to extend the life cycle of my plants)

Grow Bags made from weed block fabric are used (they are light weight, easy to move around, and can be cleaned in the washing machine)

1 gal. and 2 gal. sprinkling cans are available as different days you may not be or (feel) as strong

A place to set or rest as needed should be available for safety sake (always in my case)

if you can, slow down, just a little, look at things, enjoy the process

I have to go for now and ah, ah … water the geraniums… that’s it… As someone, a lot more wise than I said,

I Shall Return,

hopefully!..

Regards,

mike28086

3 Likes