Discussing Archive Genetics

@RookieBuds ive tried searching for your thoughts on slurricane but wasnt able to find anything, i did find some killer pictures of it tho, seems like you did an F2 also. Could you please tell me how it was? im thinking of grabbing some as they are 60 bucks. i can adjust the belt for that.

REPOST: lol sorry Rookiebuds, i had posted this on a thread by another member thinking it was the Archive thread.

2 Likes

@the_bot I quite enjoy the Slurricane, for me the F1 as I grew it, I get a sort of general tropical fruity vibe with a mild stank behind it, not quite cheese almost ā€œfootyā€ but very subtle, SMOOTH AF i take huuuuge rips of this stuff :rofl:. Decent overall effect, pretty in line with most proper polyhybrids.

1 Like

sounds similar to some of the purple punch x dragon energy im growing right now. guess will have to find out! thank you dude!

1 Like

Slurricane is pretty decent but the high burns off quickly and the buds are more bag appeal than flavor appeal. That said itā€™s still better than 75% of the cookies hybrids out there. She yields well too. The cowboy cut is what youā€™re looking for

2 Likes

thanks! damn i wanted it more for flavor than anything else for a project i got going. good to know! if i cant get the cowboy cut do you know of any purple punch seeds - i saw greenpoint has s1, but ive read to stay away.

Canā€™t comment on the seeds but the cowboy cut is easy and cheap to find. Her daughter slurty3 has those strong terps, also easy to find.

1 Like

Was just now considering their Samoas F for a low $40

Turns out they just now shut down their site

yeah they shut down direct sales a few weeks ago.
attitude uk and puresativa are selling archive now but not Samoas.

some ā€œcloseā€ stuff to somoas that ive read and seen interesting pics from are hazmat (chem 91 x faceoff) and trunk funk (white tahoe cookies x dosidos). theyre getting quite frequent restocksā€¦ but i havent seen somoas up there.

1 Like

honestly their service was really lousy.

Iā€™m local in portland, they didnā€™t ship promptly, and basically waited until the worst point of the july heat wave to put it in the mail. Everyone who ordered for their fourth of july / closeout sale, your seeds probably got nuked in that portland heat wave.

Lots of stuff on their site about ā€˜we care about your customer experience please email us and weā€™ll reply promptlyā€™ but they didnā€™t answer my questions in the order form comments section, and didnā€™t reply to their customer support email after 3 tries.

in comparison, Iā€™ve gotten really good service from the other local portland breeders and seed banks Iā€™ve ordered from.

I still recommend the archive dispensary though. But not for seeds, they are selling 5 packs for $100.

4 Likes

The dispensary usually has top notch flower and healthy clones. The clones are reasonably priced but the flower is pricey

The service is great

3 Likes

Yeah I have really liked some of their flower, especially the one star (stardawg guava x lemon g) they had in 2016.

(Although they announced that one star was proprietary, and never sold it again in any form, which is lame)

And so far, definitely the best place in town for clones.

Yeah, the dispensary is great and the clones are fantastic too. We did Lemon Tree last year.

I read, watched, somethingā€¦, that Fletch wasnā€™t too interested in selling his seeds. He wasnā€™t happy with people selling the F2s and using his males for breeding stock and cashing in, something along those lines anyway. Said thatā€™s why his regular seeds were so expensive because you have a shot at making money off his work, more for the breeders.

2 Likes

How was the lemon tree? did you run it indoor or outdoor? Iā€™m liking the obama for outdoor, itā€™s already pretty deep into flowering at this point in the season, and finishes pretty early.

I also really like their blueberry, but itā€™s fairly susceptible to mildew so you have to keep a close eye on it during the fall.

I honestly donā€™t get how that guy thought a seed bank business could be sustainable with that attitude.

Their business model was basically ā€œI have something great, Iā€™m going to talk it up everywhere I can, Iā€™m going to sell it but I donā€™t actually want anyone to grow it and I definitely donā€™t want anyone selling flower or making seedsā€¦ so Iā€™ll sell it for jacked up prices as a deterrent. and if I find something really good I wonā€™t sell it at all, Iā€™ll just sit on it so it never sees the light of day.ā€

what incentive is there for the customer to make a purchase when you know they are only releasing what they consider to be subpar lines with minimal commercial value.

sometimes they would sell some decent heirloom hybrids for more reasonable prices, but only because they thought they would have low commercial value compared to their hype strains.

3 Likes

i might be wrong hereā€¦ but i believe the one star was renamed or also named ā€œlemon peelā€ which made it around some moonbow crosses. it was available on site, but havent seen it elsewhere. Speakeasy had a one star x dosidos x moonbow listed as well, but who knows how long that has been sold out for.

1 Like

The Lemon Tree was good, did it outdoor. Beautiful plant for sure but I didnā€™t care for how incredibly citrusy it was, very citrus peel. Lemon terms are one I typically go for too. Smoke was good basic skunk1 for the most part. It finished first of Oct last season.

As for his business model, I think he could care less about selling his seeds and would much rather sell his clones and bud. I think the seeds he does sell come from whatā€™s left after his breeding runs and he has gathered his keeper cuts. I donā€™t really know, his flavors arenā€™t really my thing so I donā€™t pursue them. I did however buy a reg pack of Biohazard a few years ago in search of a chem male but chem in seed form isnā€™t too hard to find anymore.

3 Likes