Discussing Archive Genetics

Rb2 is definitely worth it. The terps profile was so distinct, so fruit forward, so worth it. I don’t remember her being as unwieldy as you mention, probably got a different pheno

2 Likes

seems like Archive will be available at puresativa, and hopefully other seedbanks as hes still doing wholesale … itll be interesting to see what prices will be like…

1 Like

They’re in stock now. All a bit too pricey for me. I considered the rainbow belts for a bit. I’ve got the money but £250 on a pack of seeds is just dumb. A fool and his money are easily parted.

3 Likes

I ordered from archive seed bank, the seeds arrived promptly but customer service was lousy. They didn’t respond to the questions that I wrote in the notes section of the order form. I followed up with their customer service email address, and they ignored that as well.

3 Likes

yup, i sent them two emails once (like months apart) and never got an answer. ppl in the discord will tell you the same.

2 Likes

I kind of figured I wouldn’t get a reply, but it really seems like the least they can do is to answer a few questions about an order, they’re being paid for it.

The archive dispensary budtenders are awesome though. Like consistently very knowledgeable and helpful.

3 Likes

Fletcher and company come off as dicks at time, but when push comes to shove they take care of you when there’s issues. But yeah 100% they could be a bit more responsive to growers

2 Likes

I’m not that impressed with the genetics

3 Likes

I got my Slurricane F2s so I’m straight :v: lol

3 Likes

I’ll be popping his Cake Face here in a 3 or 4 weeks. I wish I would’ve waited to purchase until the sale.

5 Likes

what did you grow?

2 Likes

I ve grown ginger tea, dosido,Casper og,

1 Like

You didn’t like dosi? Damn I loved that plant.

1 Like

TBF i dont like dosi that much either by itself. Its weird tho because i think it complements very well in crosses, but by itself i was kinda let down

Pretty stoked for the sherbadough tho

1 Like

I ran the clone version of dosi being passed around and thought it was pretty awesome. her daughter runtz is definitely better, maybe there is something to that in the sense she is better as a parent than by herself

1 Like

Oh i didnt run it from clone. Would more than likely change my opinion

1 Like

I relented and got a pack of Blue Belts. A nice blueberry strain always sounds good so I’m hoping Archives reputation will see me right. Not paid £100 for a pack in aaaaages. Might have to get them fired up ASAP for me Christmas smoke!

2 Likes

Ive never had a blueberry cross i didnt like

4 Likes

Some were a little pricey. One of the cheaper packs raised my eye … I think it was chem91 x face off but as you say, everyone likes a bit of blueberry so went with that.

1 Like

I am a big fan of archive dispensary’s blueberry clone, I pick one up every year for my outdoor grow. I’ve got one running right now.

Rainbow belts didn’t work for me personally, but nothing cookies related works for my medical needs so no surprise there.

So far I haven’t been a fan of their polyhybrids like the rainbow belts or any of the official selected clones of their in house crosses like rudeboi and overflo and a few others. It seems like they only select for very sweet terps and high thc, which makes all their stuff have a very similar surface impression regardless of what it is.

No matter which strain you pretty much get this experience: very sweet smell, sweet flavor, blast of high thc headrush, strong but bland feeling high, comedown.

But I really appreciate that they keep that OMMP Blueberry cut and other classics like Obama. (although I was disappointed they didn’t carry pinesoul goji og this year, or their sour diesel.)

Even if their clone menu is 90% bland cookies derivatives, they usually have at least one or two good options for classic medical lines.

Same thing with their seed lines. I’m not interested in their polyhybrids at all. But occasionally they offer some interesting outcrosses of old school and regional black market lines, and I appreciate that they hold on to these lines and preserve them.

Of course it would be better if they used their resources and access to preserve those heirlooms in pure form… but if it’s something I can’t get access to in any other way, the hybrids can be worthwhile.

10 Likes