Dispensary weed seeds

I bought some weed from the dispensary to try some legendary strains. I found some seeds in the Golden goat. Will seeds from dispensary weed necessarily be from hermied plants? Does Golden goat typically hermie? This was supposed to be grown outside…I would think hermies usually happen in doors.

6 Likes

Grow it out and keep a close eye on those babies in flower.

8 Likes

Hey buddy. I’d say grow it out, and keep an eye on it like Qtip said. In my experience in commercial grows there were likely multiple strains in the same room, so there’s no way of knowing if this is a selfed seed or a cross pollination. I’ll also say I’ve seen nanners pop up plenty in these kinds of grows. I’ve read about the difference between a “true hermie” which is genetic versus stress induced. Lastly some strains are known for throwing out nanners later flower to self as well. So many things to consider. If you liked the weed and are willing to pay close attention to the plant grow it out.

Lastly even if you aren’t willing to pay close attention it’s unlikely that a nanner here and there will cause your crop to be nulled, and way more likely that you’ll find 15-20 seeds on each plant running around it, including selfed seeds.

That doesn’t sound too terrible to me unless you’re doing some serious projects or particular about sensimelia.

:beers:

7 Likes

C99 ( well, Cinderella its progenitor) is the result of bag seed.

Cinderella 99, otherwise known as C99, or simply “Cindy,” is a sativa-dominant hybrid bred by Mr. Soul of Brothers Grimm. She’s best known for her potent cerebral high, sweet fruity flavors, and epic yields. According to Mr. Soul, C99 was created using seeds found in a Sensi branded 2 gram package of Jack Herer purchased at an Amsterdam coffee shop. Cinderella 99 is very popular with indoor growers because of its short, bushy stature, high yields, short flowering time, and high THC content. Cindy’s effects are usually described as dreamy, euphoric, and uplifting.

17 Likes

I did like it. I was a powerful body stone and very relaxing to the point I dreaded getting up. Similar to my island sweet skunk…which goat is supposed to have as a parent. Great bedtime weed in my opinion

3 Likes

Sow the seeds, start a grow diary. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Even if it’s grown outside it’s grown in giant lots of the same plant so chances are high that you have feminized golden goat seeds. I think it would be interesting to find out rough numbers but because how cannabis is grown nowadays chances are any bag seed you find is going to be feminized and of that strain.

7 Likes

Golden Goat is one of the parents of Irie Genetics Lemon Jeffery strain.
I’ve got LJ running now, and it herms like crazy.

Can’t say for sure if the GG seeds you got will herm, but signs are pointing to yes.

I’ve had GG, and it is pretty great stuff (which was why I was interested in the LJ to begin with), so it would be worth growing out (if you don’t mind ending up with some seeded bud)

If it does herm, and you get a bunch of seeds from it… throw them out!

5 Likes

I have a good friend who grew out some girl scout cookies bag seeds and found a female he has kept clones from for years. He loves the flavor smell and high.

3 Likes

My first ever indoor grow was seeds from dispensary bud. I had no hermie tendency in my female, but I did 4 males out of 5 seeds.

I think it was alot better smoke than I remembered from the original purchase. As others said grow them out, just keep an eye on any females you get.

1 Like

This is my crunchberry bag seed…

3 quarts dry, weighed it.

Update: 3 grams under a qp trimmed off the stems, jarred at 60%.

17 Likes

That’s what I got growing right now.

The harlequin is a bagseed from a dispensary. Harlequin is a clone only plant, so God knows what I got here.

10 Likes

Dispensary bag seeds can be gold! Depending what else the grower had going and what threw some nanners, you can get some really nice mystery crosses or S1. My practice plants were 6 bag seeds, only one was a hermi, I kept a clone of the banana kush bag seed plant, tastes and smells nothing like banana, very fruity pebble and bubblegum.

15 Likes

I have two Durban Margy bag seeds growing right now, one female and one male, the female is growing in my 3x3 and the male outside.

The female has hermied 2 wks after flip to 12/12. It more than likely has been because of light leaks from more than a few times the vent flap was left open during lights out.

But if it’s genetic would the male bagseed pollen be suspectable to make hermied seeds.