Do you smoke Thai?

Very cool pictures @wallyduck

Why 3k. What is the reason for limiting to that number?

3 Likes

11 Likes

it was all we could manage at the time ,
there was only 2 of us , and its a lot of holes to dig when you are only there for 2 days of the week , it was a very long walk in and out of that place …
if i was living right next to the patch im sure i could do up to 10 000 , as long as there was help with the harvest and pruning

12 Likes

New drop from Snowhigh at SeedsForMe, some amazing if spendy genetics in there:

3 Likes

@StocktonT I also recently came across this interview with the author of a book that’s mentioned here a lot, most of it is nothing new but I found this an interesting bit of OG knowledge:

How different was “Thai stick” from other marijuana available at that time?

It was probably the best marijuana in the world. It was grown in [the Thai province of] Isan. It was grown both in Laos and Thailand. It was very, very particular to that region. It had to do with the climate. It had to do with the soil. It had to do with the cultivation technique that we suspect came down from China. Before the Americans, before the Westerners, before anybody came to help them with the technical side of growing, the Lao and Thais were incredibly sophisticated. They really knew what they’re doing.”

7 Likes

Yes a great book. Read it in an afternoon and gifted it to my best friend after. I like to listen to those old stories and I also like the experience of Thailand that Mike (Ritter) clearly had. According to him the best sticks came in the beginning of the 70s before 75. I will listen to this interview as I only listened to the podcast where he and his writing partner of the book did.

7 Likes

Thai - Dan Chang ; pollenated with Pineapple Thai (from last year)

10 Likes

1970s homegrown dried Thai buds

9 Likes

2022 homegrown thai buds that were really good, shitty camera on my ex-phone

12 Likes

Analysis of Thai weed sold in one of the coffeeshops in the Hague.

Its certainly a hybrid with the bit of CBD, but it also has some THCV.

8 Likes

Kinda think a pure Thai with 12% would be a start? Never really heard of Thais being that concentrated, they seem to lighten some A/Ps but maybe increase the THC total at same time but some have shown this to be the case. Not sure if it increases the duration with a hybrid setup?

1 Like

I just was looking at this lemon thai test result and it showed

Borneol

Hmm

2 Likes

Thai

27 Likes

That is a gorgeous plant.

1 Like

Collected from the mainland and sent over by Brother @Tlander . Around 3 1/2 months under 11/13.

:v::canada:

26 Likes

WoW! Congrats bro! It is so cool to see these doing their thing in another climate zone @Budderton ! Thanks for posting them! I can see the form approaching the look of the outdoor-grown, but I’d never have believed it possible to grow them in that far in those little pots. How far along were they before you transplanted the Solo cups into the larger pots? Those long pistils remind me of what the Appie #11 x HP did. How many of these did you put in? Any hermies?

:call_me_hand:

10 Likes

Lol, yeah they’re a long way from home in my cramped Canadian basement but they’re hanging in there. I’ve been keeping them pretty root bound to try and control the stretch. They went from solo stacked on a one gallon into a 11.4 ltr container at around 7-8 wks of flowering. I buried the part that was in the one gallon and left the solo above. Talking about long long pistils, check out the Aruka Valley Indian heirloom that’s growing alongside.

(Apologies for the off topic pic)
I started the whole puck and took the strongest into flower. I think I culled 2 Squirrel Tail males because I wanted the Malawi Gold to be the only male in the neighborhood. And none of the females have gotten weird at all, which was kinda surprising, considering what I’ve been asking them to endure.
Thanks man, for giving me the opportunity to grow those and the KDKT! It’s been a great experience and they, along with the other tropical heirlooms have really help me connect some dots between this type and the modern (and not so modern) hybrids.
:grin::v:

18 Likes

Nice work, bro! They look really cool, happy, too. I can’t wait to get my seeds from @Tlander goingIt’ll be interesting seeing how they do in the drier climate. I have a humidifier for when I have to bring them inside. It can be brutally dry here in the summer, though. I have a Swazi Red, Lambsbread, and Ace of Haze x Zacatecas and all di pretty well this late fall. The Jamaican wasn’t super happy with the cold nights but they’re all inside under lights now and I’m running the humidifier regularly. I had to do the same thing for my plants for size. I left them in 1 gallon pots all summer in the shade mostly, and then into 5 gal felt pots just as I was about to go into flowering naturally. They’re all about 3 feet tall now and really shaped nice with lots of bud sites. :v:

EDIT: Any smells from that Indian strain? Sure is pretty!

7 Likes

Thanks @GMan . Yeah, super excited to grow those TL seed, especially when you see the places he went to and hear the stories of the folk he got them from. Real deal awesomeness!
I chat with a few desert growers and I don’t envy having to deal with that environment. But as a guy from central Ontario, I would love to be able to finish long season tropical types outside.
The Aruka Valley has got a fresh herb thing going at the moment. Parsley, sage, sandalwood, somewhere in that spectrum.
Best of luck with your finish on those Sativas!
:v::canada:

5 Likes

Thai plant hanging down to dry 1978

9 Likes