Do you smoke Thai?

Well fuck a duck there’s ducks at the outdoor spot I hope there not thrashing the baby plants right now didn’t even think about them :flushed:

There’s always been chickens there but if anything they help with a little soil aeration scratching around

3 Likes

Smoked a tester of Purple Thai today. Still needs another few weeks cure at 60% RU to make the top shelf. Very woodsy, hint of floral. With a sweet mango exhale. Buds are very oily, taking a week longer cure than normal. Here’s one of the colas with the sugar trimmed back.

16 Likes

Looks real nice, did I ask already if it is similar to the Oregon Purple Thai that DJ used as one of the P1 lines for his work? Looks real nice and dense with sugar on top! Good job!

2 Likes

It’s highland Thai x afghani Kush (purple pheno). Yes dense for SE Asian, very oily. Smoked a tester, soaring high very trippy with vivid colors and dreams after you float down. I have the Royal Purple Thai dropped now which I believe is the one your talking about.

2 Likes

Cool! I just remember DJ talking about his Oregon Purple Thai, just curious. Yours looks very tasty and it sounds like a nice combination for sure.

1 Like

Stroll down the memory lane of pot throughout my years…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hope they’re okay. Anytime I’ve seen it… always those white ducks. Farm type. maybe they only ate it because there was nothing else at hand. Fingers crossed for you.

1 Like

There mallards 3 of them they were hatched there he thought they would fly away but this is there second year there they must love the creek and kiddie pool they have they run the chickens around like guard dogs kinda feel bad for the two females kinda seems like the male is very forceful with them and runs the show

1 Like

That’s kind of nice actually. I think they’ll leave everything alone. At the proper time of year that duck trick could come in handy. Sure would save some labor. I’ve only grown really old school plants and they shoot out lots of Sucker shoots down low. I should, but I don’t ever prune them.

1 Like

It is fucking hot here… had some rains coming in from the storm on the other side last night but today is just a tropical day… some pictures… I have one seedling showing real purple from the get go… Purple Thai? Hahaha… don’t know what’s up with this one it sprouted just like a normal one but it’s the odd kid on the block… have one seed making a twin plant too, the second one is a bit different with fatter cotyledons than normal… strange times…

13 Likes

Nice. What country or region are you in?

2 Likes

I am down south in the country in the title of the thread hehe

3 Likes

Wow, how long have you lived there? It’d be really interesting to travel there someday, but not sure if it’ll ever happen.

1 Like

I have lived in this part of the world the last 6 years or so. I used to travel here a lot the last 20 years as I had friend living here since the end of the 90s. It’s a lovely place in many regards. The people, culture and food is great. Hopefully this virus thing will pass one day so people are able to travel again. There are many destinations in this region that is worth visiting for sure…

3 Likes

For some reason Thailand always seemed like a place I would give a try. I never heard anything bad. Maybe some day before I check out. I love the food and if the people are cool, so much the better. Do you have to know the language? It seems like a pretty well visited nation.

1 Like

This country is great but there are things one should watch out for though, especially in touristy places. Like every destination with a lot of foreigners. I have heard a lot of horror stories and one should be really careful with our favorite hobby in most places here. It’s not legal and it can be quite expensive to be too liberal with it. There’s a lot of people enjoying it here and in most touristy places you will be able to get it but again, don’t show it off or do it in the wrong place or you might end up “gifting” most of your money to “the man”.

I can read, write and speak but I will never be fluent. It’s a very difficult language to learn but if you want to learn it and get some understanding of it then I would recommend to lear reading and writing. They have their own signs which is not similar to other languages around but unique to this country. It’s difficult for a westerner to learn due to the total opposite kind of logics and how it works. It would be a very long post if I went into the details but there’s a lot of things making it very difficult. It has 44 consonant signs, about 17 vowel combinations (they are not just one sign but are often made up of several, some similar to the consonant signs. They have – in some cases – more than one sign for a consonant, like the letter K or S there are multiple. They divide their consonants into three categories, low, medium and high class consonants which also have different rules to each other. It’s a tonal language with five different tones which can make one word mean five different things. They have four tone marker signs and also no tone marker is a tone. When you speak you need to know what tone a word is supposed to have or you will make a mistake and say the wrong word. You also need to know which of the consonants (when using a word beginning with one of those that have more than one sign) that make the particular word you want to say.

It’s very complex but it’s fun. There’s also very different dialects in the north east and in the south and in Bangkok they speak the kind of thai you learn in school which is much clearer. The different dialects use some words quite different and they have their own unique things they do. Like here in the south they cut of half of the words and just say the last part. Other times they use a word meaning one thing in “normal” thai but they have another meaning for it or use it in a way that makes it different.

I think it would take a lifetime to get proficient enough to say I could speak it fluently. I am at the level that I understand how little I understand and I can get around in most parts in the south where there are no tourists (where they won’t speak a word of english) but I can’t really have any deeper conversations.

The food is one of those things that are just wonderful and it also varies a bit between regions but most have many things that are very good. Spicy and non spicy. The climate is one of those things that makes it so nice too and down here one can grow most any tropical fruit like pineapple, mango, papaya, rambutan, durien and many that I had never seen before traveling here.

8 Likes

Wow, thanks. That’s super interesting. I’m way too old to learn a language like that at this point in life. Like most people, I love cultural food. Especially when cooked by the people it belongs to.

I used to get a kick out of watching the chef, Anthony Bourdain, travel all over the world to eat food off of the beaten path. He seemed to have a real love for Thailand and I believe the northeast part of the country if I remember right. People always feel the same when there is food involved, lol.

Every time he was in Thailand I really enjoyed watching those episodes. I bet it’s beautiful as well, being that tropical. Lots of flowers!

Have you learned much about the old ways? What part of the country did the Thai Stick come out of? I was always intrigued when I got it. It’s still maybe my favorite smoke of all time. That flavor was so mysterious and good.

Thanks bro! That was a hell of a rundown on the language and you explained it really well. I never heard any of that. peace

2 Likes

The food definitely is one of the central things in this country whatever region you’re in they will have have great food and people will always ask you “have you eaten yet” in all dialects that is the first question they usually ask. They won’t really stop asking until you have some food so the best thing is to partake and taste some of their local food. I get asked way more often if I have had some food yet than how I feel. The western thai restaurants really don’t carry a percent of the total span of all the food available. If you’re close to the ocean the seafood is excellent. It’s really a food destination for sure.

I have not learned much about the old ways as in 70s and 80s thai sticks as I started to smoke in the 1990s (I was born late 70s) and it’s kind of hard to get any good answers, especially if you buy commercial weed. They’d probably tell you anything you want to hear to sell it and if you ask leading questions like “is it Chocolate thai” or something along those lines they might say yes but they have no idea what westerners named the imports. Also I have spent most my time in other regions than the north east which would be the famed old growing grounds for those things. I have been told a lot of the pressed, commercial weed comes out of a neighboring country to the north eastern province of Isaan, Laos but I have also had some Cambodian and some batches from Myanmar (formerly known as Burma) but again it’s hard to know for sure buying bulk brought pressed weed. The best I have seen have been locally grown but I also think that has to do with it being less handled post harvest. I like the privately grown stuff, it’s still some really nice and at times strong weed.

Thanks for the kind words bro! I hardly scratched the surface of the complexity with that post and I would be happy to fill in with whatever I could but it is also a hard language to get a grip on. It’s better discussed over a few cold ones down by the ocean hehe…

5 Likes

Thanks bro. It’s always great to learn of another place you haven’t been. I love meeting people from other places. Diversity and stark cultural differences are what makes life great. peace

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. I have enjoyed traveling and smoking cannabis for soon three decades and it’s always been a pleasant experience where ever in the world I have been. I do prefer to smoke it some place where the weather is nice and the view is good, like at some jamaican music establishments down on tropical beaches. Always a connecting, communal feeling where it seems in real life cannabis really unite people of all walks. I don’t know how many times in my life I met new people and we all bonded over some rolled up herbs. Always a laugh and always a smile…

7 Likes