Doc D cannabis seeds

Smoke Report

Banana OG x Afkansastan/X18 Pakistani (Pheno #3)
Medium: water only Recycled Organic soil
Days in Flower: 66
Lights : 240 W Bridgelux EB2 LED strips

Growth and Structure: Vigorous in veg. Loves to be topped. True even branching. Funky stem rub throughout veg. OG style growth with the dense golfball nugs. Needs support after week 6 from the weight.

Bag Appeal: if I cared about this, it’d get a high score. Resinous, dense, classic OG squishiness.

Smell : Rubbery followed by Musky, Floral, Pissy, spoiled fruit, garbage can skunky funk. 8/10 this stuff is loud.

Taste : Floral, perfume, rubbery OG funk. Heavy in the chest. Floral perfume lingers after exhale 8/10

Effects: Instant behind the eyes. This weed makes me very forgetful. Cloudy head. Makes me want to nap. Almost none of the euphoric happiness and brightness I get from an OG. Kind of a bland high. But still potent enough to induce munchies and make me sleepy. 7/10

Potency: almost 2 hours of just being foggy headed 7/10

Overall : I enjoy the smells, looks and taste. I just wish the effects were more euphoric and complex. This pheno also yielded the most of the 3 phenos I found. 7/10

Note: over the next couple days I’ll post smoke reports on the other 2 phenos and the Ethiopian Banana x Dragon Energy :green_heart:

39 Likes

what do you do when you end up with weed that you don’t really love smoking? do you give it away? do you make edibles out of it?

5 Likes

Yep giving away and edibles are my usual go to. Another good one is trying a new extraction method or experiment, less pressure in case you mess up

9 Likes

I generally like all my medicine. I really haven’t run across anything where I was like “nah, I can’t smoke that” lol.

But I will say that I don’t sell any of my herb, and all my family smokes, so nothing goes to waste. I’m not big into extracts so everything else, trim, larf goes to edibles which I also give away. This plant should be free imo but I try (keyword is TRY) not to judge anyone lol

14 Likes

waste not want not, so they say. although that’d be hard for me i think. even though i’m only dealing with dispensary weed right now, i do try to buy mid to top shelf stuff. although that doesn’t seem to guarantee anything at all, as quality can be all over the place regardless of price. some stuff i smoke and it gets me high, but there’s nothing memorable about the experience. these become jars i sorta wish i didn’t have to smoke through any more. although i’m trying to do more mixing of strains when i smoke now, especially for stuff that doesn’t do it for me right away, hoping to find some magic combo that will make two strains better together than separate.

i want to say that the spread of legalization should drive us in a direction where weed will become (more?) free. but i dunno, whenever big money and corporations get involved, shit tends to go south eventually.

3 Likes

Smoke Report
Banana OG x Afkansastan/ X18Pakistani #2

Days in flower : 66

Growth and structure: not as vigorous in veg as #3 but not slow by any means. Shorter stretch than both of the other phenos. Leafier than #3(which was a dream to trim btw). Probably not the best to top but it does ok. More of a tight spiral wand of buds unlike the #3 which had the classic Og structure. Needs support for the massive wands she puts out. 7/10 for higher leaf to calyx ratio.

Bag Appeal

Resinous, sticky , dense.

Smell : Musky, Floral , Perfume, pissy but soft fruity(almost banana?) and piney citrus stand out after all of that. A piney bouquet of floral perfumey fruits lol great smell but not as loud as # 3. 7/10

Taste : Almost identical to the smell. But more of the pissy acrid pine coming through with the floral perfume exhale. I love this taste. It hits you heavy in the chest and lingers so nicely. 9/10

Effects: This one almost instantly scrambled my brain and left me wondering what I was supposed to be doing ( smoke report , duh! Lol). It didn’t hit my body almost at all. Then Happy , mellow and focused at the same time after the 30 minute foggy zombie walk around the house doing morning chores. 3 hours later after the half a joint I’m still focused and working as if I had an energy drink. But not racy. This stuff is pretty freaking good and has effects that are worth the effort. 9/10

Potency: Potent for sure. 3+ hours of a great high with no groggy come down. I only wish it hit my body a bit more. 9/10

Overall : it was A joy to grow this plant. But It was leafier and in the middle of the two in vigor. And the smells weren’t as astringent as the other 2. This one leaned more to the Afpak male in my opinion. Not really an even mix of the two.

41 Likes

looks amazing, thanks for the pics and through report.

6 Likes

I knew there was some gold in them there hills. :sunglasses: :sunrise_over_mountains:

6 Likes

yum, those sound great. nice reports @Vagabond_Windy

2 Likes

Oh there is, wait until you see the smoke report for the last pheno :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Smoke Report
Banana OG x Afkansastan/ X18Pakistani #1

Growth and structure: Very similar to #2 in the structure department, but vigor is similar to #3. Training is required to make it bush evenly. Heavy and dense spiraling wands of buds. Not as leafy as 2 but not a dream trim like 3. Didn’t need the support the others needed. Stretched a little more than the others but not in a bad way.

Bag Appeal : deceptively dense. Coated in resin. Sticky. Very nice

Smell : earthy, musky, kushy, acrid, chemical sweet. Some perfume floral notes in there but not like the others. The acrid chemical sweetness makes you turn your head away lol
Loud 8/10

Taste : earthy musky inhale with deep kushy chemical exhale. Lingers in my chest after exhale. 8/10

Effects: hits me hard behind the eyes. Not racy, not soaring but up for sure. Less foggy, a little more clear. Much more relaxing, shoulder massage bud. Didn’t forget anything this morning lol. A tiny bit of grogginess as I come down 2.5 hours later. This bud is right up my alley just wish the high had more legs lol 9/10

Potency : plenty of it. More medicinal than the other 2. 8/10

Overall : this plant had the most unique concentrated banana candy smell that cured out to something different but still nice. I wish it topped like #3 and had less of a leaf to calyx ratio but it’s a good one 8/10

44 Likes

:laughing:Of course! You saved the best for last. Great smell, good meds and high. Wow! Good stuff. Thanks for the smoke report.

8 Likes

Awesome reports dude! I’m glad I snagged a pack of these while they’re pre-release. I’m really chasing that banana taffy taffy smell, haha. Some people hate it, but I can’t get enough!

8 Likes

There is some awesome stuff to be found. I have half a pack left. Im going to run them soon and try to find that laffy taffy smell that cures out well. If I find a good male I’ll F2 them to hunt through more.
Please let me know if you find that one because I love banana laffy taffy as well ! :yum:

14 Likes

Smoke Report

Ethiopian Banana x Dragon Energy
Medium: 3 gallon pots fed water only

Growth and Structure: Very vigorous, loves to be topped. OG style node spacing and bud structure. Stretches about 2-3x and will need support later in flower.

Bag Appeal :

Large and Round OG style golfball buds. Not as resinous as modern strains but still nice. Dense with some squishiness.

Smell : Fruit and gas. Not citrus, not flat out banana but very close. Kushy, Followed by more gas. Sour chemical smell and gas.
Did I mention gas? Lol
8/10

Taste : Exactly like it smells. Smooth, fruity, sour, chemical, kushy. 9/10 Taste doesn’t really linger the way I like.

Effects: Powerful and instant. Heady, soaring, creative. Focused, meditative. No raciness, no anxiety, pure joy and brightness. Thoughts flow freely. Very heavy as I get towards the end of the joint, and very sleepy. When I smoked half a joint before work was the best. No real pain relief but so good and strong it kinda makes you forget about it.
9/10

Potency: great potency. 3+ hours
10/10

Overall : This was the lone female from a failed germination on my part. I do have a male I found that is super resinous and has the same structure so I will keep him around until I pop that other pack and do a small open F2 in case Doc doesn’t make anymore. This one is very good.

42 Likes

Bandaid haze 7 x beastie boy #13 lives on!

This was by far the most vigorous of the bunch, probably top 3 in flavor, probably runner up for best high. This one is in the back of the tent and really close to the light so this is the only decent picture of the top nug I was able to get

Really excited to have it around to make more seeds with this one because I for some reason only pollenated it with indica hybrids but I’d like to have some sativa offspring too. I also have a pretty viable wookie hp x 9lb hammer male that seems to have the same lavender and menthol stem rub as the mother which should work well with the floral notes on the #13. I haven’t smoked any females from that wookie hp x 9lb cross yet but this male is 1 of 2 plants out of 36 that germinated into like 38% rh less than 60 degrees that survived haha

32 Likes

Ill echo your smoke report here. The Ethiopian Flame is a hell of a hybrid and brings the best of Ethiopian Banana and Headbanger. My pheno had wet, slippery resin that turned to glue upon drying. Tropical fruit front with a creamy bready sour back end. Smell translates to flavor really well, and the high is soaring and relaxing. Extreme medicinal qualities, completely cuts through and curbs any anxiety or depression.

25 Likes

Ill be honest, its extremely difficult selecting a keeper out of all of these seeds lol. There are just so many good plants. The Lemon Thai hybrids are very potent, and Dragon Energy is once again proving itself. Afpak is also amazing. I just smoked my fav Zang! x Afpak and its such a nice one. Astringent floral haze spice on the nose. Astringent haze and spice translates to palette, and then the spicy flavor stays until the last hit. Velvety smooth. I couldn’t believe how smooth it was while being flavorful.

Time to walk the dog. This is going to make those walks awesome.

23 Likes

I’m leaning towards one of the Lemon Thai crosses and I already have the Double Dosidos x A5 Haze/Thai bx going but I’m hoping someone here maybe @advancedbuffalo can help me make a choice as to what I should pop in April along with a pack of Bodhi.
Any suggestions?

15 Likes

I’d go with your gut. I haven’t grown any of the A5/Thai bx hybrids yet but I did get several musty basement phenotypes from my bandaid haze x beastie boy. My impression was that the musty phenos are begging for more skunk or gassy terps - there’s already a subdued skinniness in that terp profile it seems like. That convinced me to pull the trigger on dagobah, but I bet the double dosi would mesh well in a similar way

9 Likes