Doc D cannabis seeds

those are the longest hair i’ve ever seen, she needs to shave!

14 Likes

She looks really good/chunky!

6 Likes

Thanks @RoryBorealis - will do! Does anyone have any generalized tips for the A5/Thai crosses? I got a few last month (PCB, Magic Bluegrass, and Wat pho [freebies!! :raised_hands::raised_hands::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:]) and have yet to get them started. I grow organic soil. Maybe @advancedbuffalo or @ClassicGenetix ?? Are they light feeders?

7 Likes

For real, hairy things! Mine are looking more string of pearls type buds, at least one of them… smelling bright and fruity though.

11 Likes

Some of those string of pearl phenos have very cool highs. Mine smells like a light candy grape mixed with model cement glue. One of those smells that gives a second of I shouldn’t be inhaling this when I smell it until I remind myself it shouldn’t be toxic like the glue (I hope, haha). Very positive everything is right in the world vibes, and this one isn’t racy or anxiety producing. Seems there are some very specifical plants in those s1’s for head stash.

8 Likes

Well, which is it, dude? Do you grow organic soil or do you feed your plants a lot (Fast Times reference haha…)? I mean, I grow organically and I don’t really “feed” my plants at all. Occasionally I’ll water in some aloe or coconut, if I think about it, but for the most part it’s water-only.

What size pots are you planning on running them in? The smaller the pot, the more likely it is you’ll need to supplement with, uh…. I dunno haha. Something, though. And what’s you soil mix?

Here’s my grow log for the Bandaid Haze: Doc D Bandaid Haze, Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy and Ancient OG x DE; Bodhi Soar; Freeborn Skycuddler Kush #3 f3

I actually, at one point, listed what I watered with and on what days I did that, but honestly, there really wasn’t any kind of regimen or anything. As long as your soil mix is all good, you shouldn’t need to add too, too much for the duration. But again, that’s so long as you’re not using tiny pots or anything.

12 Likes

citrus and sprite sounds amazinggggg :drooling_face: does it retain that into curing/taste??

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl: well, I don’t really know what my newest batch of soil is. I’ve been doing recycled and adding small amounts of amendments here and there as I go (which may be a mistake - I tend to overdo it sometimes and not LITFA lol). I have one batch that I’m THINKING it’s going to be higher in nitrogen so I was going to either mix it with a “lighter” soil to cut it or just use that more amended batch to transplant in at flower time. I know I’m not giving a lot of info and that it can depend on container size and light intensity and all that. But I just wondered if you got the feeling they tended to be heavier feeders or like some sati as that seem to need almost no nutrients to still thrive…thanks for chiming in @minitiger I’ve been through your thread several times (I got some of the Colombian x DE too - looking forward to your smile report) but I missed the feeding regime part. Thank yewwwws

7 Likes

My original start soil was happy frog then amended with homemade compost, grass clippings, kelp, small amounts of fruits, oats, coffee grounds, DTE bio fish, bio char, etc etc plus perlite and burdock seeds (seemed like a good idea at the time)for drainage. Then more recently cut it with peat moss (1/3), plus basil leaves, garden herbs. That’s the general gist of it. Lol

7 Likes

Ah, okay, so it’s kind of a wacky soil mix haha. That’s alright, man, do your thing, I guess haha! I’m currently in the process of altering mine, as well, pretty curious to see how it does for the next few runs.

Anyway, yeah, I didn’t get the impression that any of the BAH plants were begging for food or anything. They looked fine at day 77, when I chopped them. And three of those seemed like they would’ve been fine had I let them go for another week, like I wanted to. It was only the one that looked like she needed about 120 days that started showing any kind of noticeable fade or whatever.

How that’ll translate to the crosses you’re planning on growing, I don’t know. The Magic Bluegrass and the Wat Pho are crosses using females that don’t typically take more than eleven weeks, as far as I know, so you probably don’t have to worry about those. I dunno what the PCB is haha.

10 Likes

First time running her not sure yet

7 Likes

Some wild looking buds!

7 Likes

A5/Thai hybrids are rock solid and very forgiving. They will be fine if you underfed for the most part, but will take as much food as you can reasonably throw at them if the growth parameters allow. I grew a few Bandaid Hazes with football sized buds.

18 Likes

Awesome AB!! Thanks man!! :pray::pray: football size buds?? :flushed::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::raised_hands: Wowwwww lmao Super hyped!

2 Likes

The Ethiopian Flame is stunning. Thanks for these photos. Helps me get an idea of what this strain has to offer. I snagged a pack a few days back. Sounds and looks very promising!

5 Likes

Great report! I have a pack of these on the way. Looking forward to digging in to these.

4 Likes

How do the A5/Thai plants affect flowering times compared to some of Doc’s other dads, Dragon Energy in particular ?

4 Likes

Smoke report for the Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy #2 plant, copied-and-pasted from my grow log:

"Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy #2 smoke report:

This was the huge one, this plant:

Here’s a nug now, after having been in jars since March 8, which would make it exactly 28 days? I think? How many days are in March, 30 or 31? Either way, it’s been 28 or 29 days:

Maybe some people might look at that flower and think,“Eh…”, but to a Sativa-enthusiast like me, I think it looks beautiful haha.

Smell: This one’s difficult to pin down. I’m getting a sorta “dry wood” thing first and foremost. I don’t know what sandalwood smells like, but maybe that’s what I’m smelling? I also pick up on an “indefinable fruit” smell, not sure what fruit it is exactly that I’m smelling, but it’s a sorta “soft fruit” thing. Also picking up on hints of fuel and skunk, which I’m assuming is coming from the Dragon Energy dad. The skunk could maybe possibly be coming from the Colombian Gold mom, but the fuel is almost definitely coming from the DE dad.

Whatever it is, it smells really good and tasty.

Flavor: Again, it’s hard to pin down. Very similar to the smell, actually, with that sorta “dry wood/fresh cut lumber” taste. Sawdust? Haha! That sounds awful and this tastes really good, so maybe not sawdust exactly. I dunno. There’s more skunk on the tongue than on the nose, too, which is kinda cool.

I also want to emphasize that “dry wood” is actually pretty delicious-smelling/tasting. If I read that, I’d be like,“Gross…” but it tastes really good. That, coupled with the sorta “skunk” flavors I get from this one combine into something really tasty.

I cracked the second jar of the Sky Cuddler Kush last night for the first time and the flavor was much, much more pronounced, mouth-coating and easily-identifiable than the first jar. I’m assuming that’s just because it’d been sealed up for longer than the first jar. In any event, I’m hoping the same thing happens with the C. Gold x DE #2 (and all of the rest of this harvest, too haha). I’ve got four pint mason jars and one 32-ounce mason jar filled with these flowers; I’m sure by the time I get to the fifth jar, the flavors will be much different. Maybe I’ll update this review then haha.

Effect: Why beat around the bush? This is probably my favorite weed I’ve smoked in at least the last ten years. I really hate to start the smoke reports of the Bandaid Hazes and C. Gold/DE with my very favorite one, but after taking early samples of everything, this is the clear-cut winner (although they’re all very, very good). Maybe that’ll change as things cure, but there’s really nothing about this one that I can say,“Yeahhhhh, it’s good, but…”

It’s just a full-on pleasant journey from beginning to end, really. I feel it immediately, but it also slowly and comfortably builds for about 45 minutes, at which point I realize,“Holy shit, I’m fucking baked…” The thing is, it’s such a pleasant come-up, with zero sorta “rushiness” or anything, that you don’t really realize how high you are until you realize how high you are, if that makes any sense. I’ve been smoking the Soar here and there, too, and I actually have noticed lately that there’s a bit of “edginess” for the first 20 minutes or so. Nothing major or uncomfortable, but it’s there. That doesn’t exist at all with the C. Gold x DE #2. I’m all smiles immediately after smoking it; I’m all smiles three hours later.

That’s the other thing: it’s an EXTREMELY long-lasting high, I feel it four hours later. I’m not still baked four hours later or anything, but it’s there for sure. And it’s just a very giggly, very smile-y, very chatty high. Everything’s more amusing. My jokes are even funnier than they normally are! Haha. Straight-up good time weed. I know I said that the Soar will be great for this summer and it will be, but the #2 C. Gold x DE is, like, EPIC summertime weed.

The best way to put how much I love this one is that I really have nothing to do every day except exercise in the morning and then maybe look on indeed.com and craigslist for a job, so there’s really no reason for me to set an alarm or get up at any particular time (although I do like to get the workout in early). This weed is getting me out of bed in the morning haha! For real, I’ll wake up around 6:30 and kinda lay around in bed for a couple minutes and then realize,“Ooh! If you get up now, you can work out and then start blazing that #2 plant!” haha. Honestly, I don’t usually smoke all day every day, but this one has me puffing on it a little bit every chance I get. It’s exceptional weed. Super-glad I still have a two-and-a-half packs of these seeds. I may even grab another pack if Doc lists them again, just to be safe haha.

Anyway, yeah, this is my favorite plant from probably my favorite grow ever. I really love everything I grew this round, but this one is my absolute favorite, for sure. Great weed."

36 Likes

Glad to hear it. I was literally just thinking about that one today… i’m a week or two away from getting more seeds started so my mind is just running in circles. i’m pretty stoked for the malawi gold and cuban black xDE crosses too

5 Likes

Has anyone grown out Doc D’s magic bluegrass strain?

8 Likes