Doc D cannabis seeds

Did plant #3 throw the same anise and menthol smells? They look fantastic!

2 Likes

Uh uh, no. At least, I don’t think so haha. Honestly, I’ve been pretty consistently lit for a while now, hammered really, all day and all night for weeks. I truly cannot remember what she smelled like when I was trimming her, but I do know that she didn’t smell like that #2 plant, which was just STRONG “in your face” overwhelming menthol and anise. I really did feel very, like,”Ugh, I can’t keep trimming this, but I must soldier on…” haha.

I grew a couple of Bodhi’s (sorry to keep bringing up Bodhi on this thread haha) Gold Star f4’s like eight or nine years ago and they also smelled very “menthol-y.” Those Gold Stars were some of my favorite weed ever, so I think the fact that that #2 Wat Pho smells the same way is a good sign, despite her lack of stretchiness.

Or whatever haha.

10 Likes

For sure. I’ll come back and report after smoking some

5 Likes

Oh man, you have some gorgeous plants there… Do you have a grow journal?? I’d love to follow along a grow!

2 Likes

Your smell descriptions alone make me want to grow this :joy:.
I’m really surprised at how squat they stayed as well. Definitely not what I was expecting.

4 Likes

Haha… Yeah, I have a grow journal. I log everything I grow: Bodhi's Triple Goddess, HolyAngel's Franco's Lemon Cheese x NL5Haze/Sensi Star and Doc D's Wat Pho

I just start a new one for every round because I like to make it easier for people who may not be OG members to find the information they’re looking for simply by googling, like,”Doc D Wat Pho grow report,” or whatever.

Just be prepared to scroll through tons of posts that have nothing to do with the grow haha. My logs get real chatty.

Yeah, I thought they’d get much taller for sure, just because of the genetics involved. This was (and still is) a cross that I’m extremely interested in; whenever I’d order from Doc and this was one of the available freebies, I’d always emphasize that I’d prefer the Wat Pho seeds to anything else, please and thank you haha.

You’d think that a Temple x A5Thai hybrid would get relatively big and maybe I’ll find a few plants that do the next time I plant them. I dunno. I’ve still got a decent amount of the Wat Pho seeds left…

Haha, yeah, that #2 plant smelled insanely-strong when I was trimming her. It really was like,”Gawddamn, I can’t take this anymore… I need to step outside for a few minutes and get a breath of fresh air…”

I’ll probably start getting into the both of them pretty soon, really looking forward to it.

8 Likes

Hey all! Is Doc sending out his new news letter yet? :pray:

7 Likes

Should be soon. He said right around spring time back in October…

12 Likes

Just recently emailed him at the end of it he said

“thanks for sharing your experience! I’m still looking for a new place but i’m stoked to be back stateside reconnecting with everyone.

wishing you a beautiful spring with plenty of great plants. “

Might still be a little while longer before he gets set up but not sure @PlantShepherd

16 Likes

Thanks for the good news. It’s good to hear Doc’s in good spirits and working his way back to the garden.

6 Likes

I just bought a pack of doc d. Think they’re old stock? Has he been gone awhile? Sent him an email and got the same message about just getting back and looking around for a space. So thinking the seeds are old. Guess I should have asked him in the email lol

3 Likes

Depends where you bought them.

11 Likes

I think he’s stopped last July. He hasn’t been gone to long

7 Likes

Oh cool that’s not too long. Thank you for the reply🍻

2 Likes

And also what @StrongerthanDirt bought haha.

What’d you buy, Stronger?

2 Likes

Chem D cross went in with a bunch of friends for different chem d crosses. I will have to look when I get home what I wrote down is the cross as someone else got the packaging. When he said he just got back from Mexico and looking for space I thought maybe real old seeds but if he wasn’t down doing a major seed hunt for years all good…I hope lol

6 Likes

Nice! Glad he’s back. Hope he finds a place and gets settled. I will impatiently be waiting. :wink:

I think that depends on what you consider ‘old’ stock lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

Speaking of old stock, if anyone has Doc’s old ‘Love Affair’ I’d pretty much give my left testicle. Just sayin. :speak_no_evil:

9 Likes

Very much same can’t wait to see what project and directions he is going next really drawn to his selections

I feel the exact same way about the tge lines saving the rest of my Tahoe og x tge pack till I can make some f2s smoked it a few times now this girl is special going to be doing up my smoke report in another week or two after more testing wish I could find another pack or some riot juice or fight milk hope you find your gem :gem:

9 Likes

If you make some F2’s, I have 6 seeds left I will donate. :wink:

8 Likes

For the price we paid hopefully not his '97 release lol…again should have asked him on the email. So many quality breeders out there why buy old beans but I grow in a community and only one voice when it comes to buys so we will see

3 Likes