Doc D cannabis seeds

i havent really updated much, other than the Bodhi Discussion thread and here. but ill do proper updates when i get those running. youd think taking pictures and uploading them isnt that much work…

5 Likes

You have a bud that’s almost twice as wide as a Gatorade bottle (like, holy shyte!)… I’d be down to watch a grow thread if you had one going :grin::metal:. Not to suggest more work or anything, hahaha

5 Likes

You just added to my wantlist, thanks!

Trade offer for anyone interested: Mother’s Milk x TGE for Franquito

Plus extra goodies from me.

11 Likes

Interesting, I grew two PCB x DE outdoors last summer, and they definitely have a flavor to them (the purple one more than the green).

I have a cut of one of them (I think it must be the green one) indoors flowering at the moment. It’s in a way too small plastic pot, such a PITA that thing wants water all the time.

7 Likes

what flavor/smell did yours turn? i actually made a correction to that in the following posts. after drying well in jars the smell and taste turned up dramatically - mine is gassy/fuel to boot and green.

6 Likes

Black magic haze.

49 Likes

Same pheno of black magic haze. Shorter plant with less stretch, tighter nugs, less resin and smell

36 Likes

Other pheno of the black magic haze. Taller plants more stretch, longer internodes, fluffier nugs. Have another one of these I’ll probably cut down in the next day or two. Went about 15 weeks I think

35 Likes

Looking great @Ben_Tokin when you get around to smoking a bit of them would love to hear what you think about it

9 Likes

Here’s a couple Wat Pho plants that I chopped a few weeks ago:

#2, veg day 35:

Veg day 60 (flipped the next day):

Flower day 9:

Flower day 19:

Flower day 29:

Flower day 39:

Etc. Here she is on flower day 80, which is when I chopped her:

She started throwing nanners late in flower, which was annoying; you can see one in that last pic. I found a couple seeds while I was trimming, but nothing too serious. Still, though…

She smelled pretty fruity for almost the entire grow, reminded me of Bodhi’s Tree of Life (Jack x Temple) that I grew years ago, but she switched it up big time at the end. Trimming her, I was just overwhelmed with full-on anise and MENTHOL, all in my face haha, to the point where I actually considered putting on a mask. It was making me feel nauseous after a while, not an easy trim.

She also just kept growing new rounds of white pistils like every week and I thought,“Alright, this is probably gonna be an ongoing thing, so I’m just gonna chop her now.” Eighty days seemed long enough to me haha.

And here’s the #3 plant, veg day 35:

Veg day 60 (flipped the next day):

Flower day 9:

Flower day 19:

Flower day 29:

Flower day 39:

Etc. Here she is on the day I chopped her, flower day 75, five days earlier than that #2 plant:

I liked the way the #3 plant grew much better than that #2, which was just sooooo fucking bushy and leafy. The “chop day” pics of that #2 plant were actually taken after I’d trimmed off a shitload of leaves, which isn’t something that I usually do. Ordinarily, I just chop the plants at the base and hang them whole, but I could just tell that if I did that with the #2 plant, she was probably gonna get moldy.

Also, you can see that neither plant stretched at all, which I thought was very surprising. I’ve grown the aforementioned Jack x Temple from Bodhi and also his Mountain Temple (Temple x Appalachia) and all of those plants stretched at least 200 percent. I think it’s pretty weird how the Wat Phos didn’t stretch at all, definitely hoped that they’d get a lot bigger.

They seem like decent plants, though. The smells from that #2 really were very, very strong when I was trimming her. I like to cure everything for a month before I start getting into it (usually :wink:), so I won’t be checking these out for a little bit longer, but I’ll post the smoke reports here when I do.

40 Likes

Did plant #3 throw the same anise and menthol smells? They look fantastic!

2 Likes

Uh uh, no. At least, I don’t think so haha. Honestly, I’ve been pretty consistently lit for a while now, hammered really, all day and all night for weeks. I truly cannot remember what she smelled like when I was trimming her, but I do know that she didn’t smell like that #2 plant, which was just STRONG “in your face” overwhelming menthol and anise. I really did feel very, like,”Ugh, I can’t keep trimming this, but I must soldier on…” haha.

I grew a couple of Bodhi’s (sorry to keep bringing up Bodhi on this thread haha) Gold Star f4’s like eight or nine years ago and they also smelled very “menthol-y.” Those Gold Stars were some of my favorite weed ever, so I think the fact that that #2 Wat Pho smells the same way is a good sign, despite her lack of stretchiness.

Or whatever haha.

10 Likes

For sure. I’ll come back and report after smoking some

5 Likes

Oh man, you have some gorgeous plants there… Do you have a grow journal?? I’d love to follow along a grow!

2 Likes

Your smell descriptions alone make me want to grow this :joy:.
I’m really surprised at how squat they stayed as well. Definitely not what I was expecting.

4 Likes

Haha… Yeah, I have a grow journal. I log everything I grow: Bodhi's Triple Goddess, HolyAngel's Franco's Lemon Cheese x NL5Haze/Sensi Star and Doc D's Wat Pho

I just start a new one for every round because I like to make it easier for people who may not be OG members to find the information they’re looking for simply by googling, like,”Doc D Wat Pho grow report,” or whatever.

Just be prepared to scroll through tons of posts that have nothing to do with the grow haha. My logs get real chatty.

Yeah, I thought they’d get much taller for sure, just because of the genetics involved. This was (and still is) a cross that I’m extremely interested in; whenever I’d order from Doc and this was one of the available freebies, I’d always emphasize that I’d prefer the Wat Pho seeds to anything else, please and thank you haha.

You’d think that a Temple x A5Thai hybrid would get relatively big and maybe I’ll find a few plants that do the next time I plant them. I dunno. I’ve still got a decent amount of the Wat Pho seeds left…

Haha, yeah, that #2 plant smelled insanely-strong when I was trimming her. It really was like,”Gawddamn, I can’t take this anymore… I need to step outside for a few minutes and get a breath of fresh air…”

I’ll probably start getting into the both of them pretty soon, really looking forward to it.

8 Likes

Hey all! Is Doc sending out his new news letter yet? :pray:

7 Likes

Should be soon. He said right around spring time back in October…

12 Likes

Just recently emailed him at the end of it he said

“thanks for sharing your experience! I’m still looking for a new place but i’m stoked to be back stateside reconnecting with everyone.

wishing you a beautiful spring with plenty of great plants. “

Might still be a little while longer before he gets set up but not sure @PlantShepherd

16 Likes

Thanks for the good news. It’s good to hear Doc’s in good spirits and working his way back to the garden.

6 Likes