Doc D cannabis seeds

Welcome to the OG @MotaMan420.

3 Likes

Welcome to OG.

The Mexican Death Sativa is a cross made by Jim Ortega (maybe youā€™ve heard of the Ortega Indica strain? Same dude, even if Google tells you that it was bred by Mr. Nice seeds or whoever). Apparently, he took all of his favorite Mexican strains and created the Mexican Death Sativa. Kind of a similar breeding process as Haze, except the genetics are all Mexican. Iā€™ve read that there are different phenotypes (not surprising), but that the Guerrero phenotype is a popular and sought-after one. I have no idea what a Guerrero phenotype looks like, but thatā€™s the one that Kiona etc have been raving about on IG. Iā€™ve got two of the Mexican Melon (MDS x Dragon Energy) females in veg now, gonna flip on July 1. One of them is growing strangely, but in a good way. Sheā€™s throwing branches really randomly, one branch will grow to the right, then, a half-inch above, another branch will grow at a like 100 degree angle from the branch belowā€¦ Never seen anything like it.

As far as the Vietnam Black, I donā€™t know much about it, but I did get some of the #164 as freebies from Doc a while back. No plans to run them any time soon. I sometimes suffer from panic attacks and from everything Iā€™ve read about Vietnam Black, it doesnā€™t sound like a strain that somebody whoā€™s dealing with panic attacks should blaze hahaā€¦

Anyway, hope that helps.

12 Likes

Thank you, very nice site and a historic one. Glad to be on here. I first read about this place more than 10 years ago when I first began going through the Cannabible by Jason King. I believe the web site was down at the time but I was an active poster at Grasscity and Breedbay, so I may of talked to some of you in the past. I tend to develop fascinations with particular strains and dive head first into seeking out all of the information that I can on them

PS: what button do I use use the ā€œquoteā€ feature?

8 Likes

Haha, took me a couple months to figure that out.

If youā€™re on a phone or an ipad, just touch the beginning of the sentence you wanna quote and a prompt or whatever should come up. Then you can just highlight everything you wanna quote and then hit the ā€œquoteā€ prompt. Iā€™m not sure how you do it on a desktop or a laptop, but probably if you take the cursor and click on the beginning of the sentence you wanna quote, youā€™ll see the same prompt. Maybe.

6 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow, MotaMan. Doc has some gems. for sure. I have not grown out his Vietnam Black, yet. I did grow Vietnam x Black Thai outdoors. It was a 16 week flower cycle.The high lasted 3 hours. All mental, no body. Spatial awareness expanded and contracted with my thoughts, yet faster than normal. The taste was floral, with a very mild berry accent on the exhale.

8 Likes

Welcome @MotaMan420, nice to see you. :slight_smile: Hereā€™s a link to a recent grow of Docā€™s VB.

6 Likes

This is the truth. The churchy soapy ones are pretty apparent relatively early on. Usually the smelliest plants, too. The oniony body odor ā€œgreenā€ metallic smelling ones usually stay that way.

You find more of the latter than the former.

9 Likes

Just to add some extra info to the AfPak info, Doc Dā€™s AfPak (Afkansastan x X18 Pakistani) came from a pack of seeds he got from Bodhi. Bodhiā€™s description of this cross can be found here: https://themodern.farm/Bodhi.txt but Iā€™m including the text, too.

afkansastan x X18 pakistani
originally this project was to try and lock down mr danks superb 80ā€™s afghani in seed form, by creating some f2 kids to breed back into the mom, but the pure f1 hybrid had such amazing traits in structure, vigor, yeild, and overall beauty that the path turned into the goal and i dont think we need to go any farther.
on the parents: tom hills x18 pakistani was very similar in kush like structure, tree fruit and musk aroma, and unique awake indica high and seemed like a perfect match to the 80ā€™s era clone only from kansas via afghanistan. this hybrid has a fantastic open structure with big sticky indica buds that smell and taste of pear, persimmon, yudzu, honeycomb, and musky wildflowers, and a dreaming awake high that soothes the weary body and mind. a cautionary notes: this hybrid has only been tested outside, and areas with high mold pressure may not be favorable for this lineā€¦

I grew a Strawberry Milk x AfPak female last year. It trended toward the AfPak male in structure and possibly in effect, but the smellā€“OMG the smellā€“was an intoxicating aroma of tropical fruity cream with a bit of funk. My wife can tell when I crack open that jar, because itā€™s maintained almost all of that after almost a year in the jar. Doc D told me that the taller, stretchier AfPak crosses take after the females and the shorter ones take after the male. When they take after the male, they tend to have a little more of a narcotic effect than when they take after the females.

13 Likes

Nice, thanks for the info. Iā€™ll just add that Doc D mentioned to me that the AfPak male will add a little sweetness to its crosses. I dunno if thatā€™s generally speaking, like it adds sweetness to whatever itā€™s crossed with, or if that was just in reference specifically to the Outer Limits cross that I had asked him about. Either way, I had my September 1 grow all planned out: Bandaid Haze, Bodhiā€™s Soar and Meangeneā€™s Skycuddler f3. But I just put some money in the mail and I think the Outer Limits is gonna replace one of those. The Bandaid Haze is definitely getting grown out, I donā€™t wanna wait on those any longer, but I dunno about the other two. And Iā€™ve got a bunch of the Columbia Gold x Dragon Energy, too, that I reeaalllyyyy wanna grow ASAP.

Too many seeds, not enough space or timeā€¦

7 Likes

Both the Afpak crosses I grew tended to take after the mother IMO.

5 Likes

Looking forward to how your Bandaid Haze do. A growmie has 4 Bandaid Hazes in a 5 gallon bubble bucket . He went 12/12 from seed and ran out of headroom. He said he had to top them in flower multiple times to keep them out of the lights. Looks like a jungle.

3 Likes

Hm. I wonder if itā€™s because heā€™s growing them hydroponically. Iā€™m fully expecting them to get pretty stretchy, but Iā€™ve seen some that havenā€™t stretched much at all. Somebodyā€™s posting pictures of some Bandaid Hazes in this very thread that look pretty short to me.

3 Likes

I wondered that too. You can feed heavier in hydro. I think he said he runs 300 watts of LED in a 4x2 which isnā€™t crazy, heā€™s at 37.5 Watts per sqft in LED.

1 Like

Yeah I saw the pictures in the thread, they looked pretty manageable. IIRC he said 2 gallon soil plants.

Edit to tag @MrRevolution

1 Like

I run my keeper cut of Bandaid Haze IX 3.0 right from rooted clones. I take cuts and the moment they show roots I flip to flower and even then I have to LST them to keep them under control.

9 Likes

Blockquote

Got it! Damn this is a high-tech forum haha

4 Likes

Those bandaids I posted are in 1 gallon fabric pots. Iā€™ll get some new pics up later.

3 Likes

Oh yea someone said something about dirty mop water pheno. I have a KillerA5 Ɨ Zamaldelica that smells exactly like that. So Maybe the Cuban is derived from the A5 Haze.

4 Likes

Piff/Cuban Black Haze are nl5haze, aka a5haze, phenos.

6 Likes

I read the stories but I thought it was speculation as to the exact lineage.

2 Likes