Doc D cannabis seeds

Black Magic Haze
CBH x A5htbx
Bred By Doc D

62 Likes

That looks so killer got 2 packs of those to hunt through that I got in a trade recently great stuff @nobodysnursery what smells you getting off that pheno?

10 Likes

Looks beautiful and unique! Two of my favorite things! I second @DesertHeartGardens inquiry about smells, but also add to it tastes and effects. Any information is truly appreciated. Beautiful work as always @nobodysnursery! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

18 Likes

The smell is similar to CBH.
Woody wet basement but instead of ammonia for the high note it’s more of a sour perfume. Basically it’s just a CBH BX. Same kind of high as CBH but more potent.
It has a stimulating hazy head space but also has the Northern Lights undertow at the same time.

28 Likes

4x2 starting in back left moving right TK X LT, Piff s1 x a5haz/thai bx, black trianglex A5haz/thai bx and Bandaidhaze4.2 front right and a Rainbowchip tropical sleigh ride x appyf4 front left TKxLemonThaiin her glory
Weird leaf mutation found on one of Doc’s TK x Lemon Thai. I’ve never seen this before…
more tk x lemon thai more tent

31 Likes

Dang! That TK x Lemon Thai’s got a super-thick meristem on it. Did you go heavy on the K silicate haha or is that genetic?

8 Likes

Genetics mostly, but I did put extra rice hulls and went pretty heavy on the gypsum and basalt for this batch of soil so might have a little to do with it, but yea she is very pretty, stayed uniform through veg, just and didn’t have the heart to top her glad I didn’t haha!

7 Likes

Here’s the one Santa Cruz Pure Haze x A5Thai that I ended up with, chopped her last night.

Veg day 39:

Veg day 64:

Veg day 81:

I topped her twice, just because I was afraid she was gonna dawrf everything else in the tent, which is why she looks so bushy. Also, like the Malibu Pure x Lemon Thai plant that I posted pics of a week or two ago, the Santa Cruz Haze cross was left on an extended 14/10 light schedule and started autoflowering. You can see it in those two pics above.

So, again, flower day numbers that I post should be taken with a grain of salt. I’d probably add ten days to them, e.g. “flower day 17” is probably more like “flower day 27” etc etc.

Anyway, flower day 17 haha:

Flower day 30:

There’s no way she’d be that far along on day 30 if she wasn’t left on 14/10 for a month.

Flower day 47:

Flower day 64:

And flower day 74:

For a while there, I thought the purple was maybe coming from a lack of Mg, didn’t think it was genetic at all; now I’m starting to reconsider. And I only say that because she’s developed pretty noticeable “purple weed” smells, mostly grape and a little bit of floral notes, too. It may be a combination of the two, Mg deficiency and genetics haha, that’s responsible for the color of the flowers, I dunno, but she definitely has some “purple weed” smells going on for sure.

I picked up on a hint of incense, too, last night when I was taking pics and chopping/hanging her, which is cool. And she’s had that “salty/sweaty” smell going on the whole grow, which I assume is coming from the A5Thai dad; my Bandaid Hazes all had the same smell. That smell is much more subdued now, though, and the grape/floral thing has taken over.

Thank gawd haha.

Anyway, I’m pretty stoked about this plant, looking forward to blazing her in six weeks or so…

44 Likes

Wow my man, wow. Really nice work, that was an awesome grow. Really surprised to see it looking so similar to the Zang and others with the purple thing, but I’ve never seen the SC Pure before. Great yield too! Can’t wait for the smoke report, this is the one A5T x I’ve been really looking forward to seeing grown out. Stoked and much respect!

10 Likes

I had that same mutation on one of my TK x LT males last year

3 Likes

Yeah, the purple definitely surprised me, wasn’t expecting that at all. But I’ll take it haha.

I haven’t, either. I looked around yesterday and Saturday to see if I could find any logs or pics of unhybridized SCPH, but I couldn’t. I was considering posting some pics on IG and tagging Doc, just to see what he had to say. Still haven’t decided if I’m actually gonna do that, though. Fucking Instagram… haha.

Yeah, that was another pleasant surprise. Pretty good density on those flowers, too. They’re not rock hard or anything, but they’re denser than I would’ve thought.

I’d like to see her grown untopped, I bet she’d grow a gigantic main cola.

11 Likes

Looks like _nobodysnursery on IG has a few pics. Up close though so hard to tell exactly what the plant structure is. They have some other pics of some of the female side of the old stable as well.

7 Likes

Of straight SCPH? Not a hybrid? Thanks, I’ll check that out.

5 Likes

Ethiopian Flame V2
Day 52 F

Had to put her into a 7 gallon from a 5 to finish her up. She was way too yellow at less than half way through her flowering cycle. She’s visibly greener now after the repot. image

Also lowered the intensity of the lights to 50%

32 Likes

This may sound weird but what is the resin like? I had a really nice plant that looked just like that Ethiopian Flame and it had this crazy wet resin with a really unique smell.

9 Likes

Holy fuckin shit nice work, they all look beautiful. I’d be excited to smoke those.

9 Likes

Unique smell for sure. Sour tropical fruit salad. Resin isn’t quite wet, kinda sticky kinda gritty.

11 Likes

Thanks, dude! I actually just trimmed and jarred the Malibu Pure x Lemon Thai two days ago, so I’ll be getting into that jar in probably three weeks. I gotta say, the smells have definitely improved now that she’s dried. She’s pretty lemony, actually, and maybe some sour, too? Almost like Lemonhead candy.

The Santa Cruz Pure Haze cross won’t even be getting trimmed for ten or twelve days, so… haha. Got a while to go before I get into that one.

12 Likes

Chopped the one Sour Diesel x Dragon Energy I ended up with yesterday, flower day 79 (technically, day 78-and-2/3, but who’s counting?). Unlike the Malibu Pure Kush x Lemon Thai and the Santa Cruz Pure Haze x A5Thai, the Sour Diesel x DE wasn’t left on the extended 14/10 light schedule, so all flower times are accurate.

Veg day 31:

Veg day 48:

She was flipped three days later. Ordinarily, I veg everything for 60 days, but I had all those other plants that were started a month earlier still vegging and I was eager to get everything going, so…

Flower day 17:

Flower day 30:

She ended up stretching a decent amount, second-tallest plant in the tents after the Malibu Pure cross, but it wasn’t anything crazy or unmanageable at all.

Flower day 47:

Pretty soon after these pics were taken, she started foxtailing and growing super-bizarre-looking flowers. Honestly, I don’t even know if “foxtailing” is the correct word; she just started getting all “knobby,” with stacks of calyxes growing out at weird angles and shit. That was mostly on the top third or so of her; the rest of the flowers just look super-chunky, but “normal” haha.

Flower day 64:

And yesterday, flower day 79:

Somewhere along the way, all her leaves turned dark purple/black, similar to the Santa Cruz Pure Haze cross, but her flowers didn’t, so… I dunno if that happened because of a nutrient deficiency or if maybe the super-low temps during our power outage had something to do with that or what, but, yeah, those leaves got crazy-looking.

Also, she’s not loud at all, which is kind of disappointing. I suspect, though, that that’ll change as she dries and cures. I accidentally snapped a branch off her like six days ago, just been sitting on the dining room table drying for close to a week, trimmed the nugs and threw them in a jar earlier this morning and they smell really, REALLY fucking good. Still not loud, but the nugs smelled excellent nonetheless. More of an OG-type smell, very perfume-y/cologne-ish, but hopefully that’ll change as the flowers cure. If they don’t, I won’t be mad; I’ll just be slightly disappointed that they didn’t turn out full-on Sour Diesel haha. But the Malibu Pure Kush x LT really, really improved as she hung, so I don’t think it’s outta the realm of possibility that the same thing will happen with the Sour Diesel cross.

Speaking of which: I’ve blazed a few early samples of the Malibu Pure Kush x Lemon Thai and it’s really good. Tastes SUPER-hashy, which surprised me. Just a mouthful of that spicy, exotic “black hash” flavor that I love. I’m sure the flavors and high will change as she cures (and the “official” smoke report will be written based on properly cured flowers, not some “early” bullshit haha), but so far I’m real impressed. Very fun and giggly weed, too, the kind that kind of makes you unaware of yourself, if that makes any sense. No lethargy at all, super-fun… I’m reeeeallllyyyyy looking forward to getting into those jars in a few weeks.

Anyway…

50 Likes

I’m outta likes right now.:heart::heart::heart:. Looks really good my friend nice job, I’ve had a couple strains do the same thing. Super dark purple almost black leaves and buds lime green. :+1::+1::v:

6 Likes