Doc D cannabis seeds

They got bleached on the tips from the lights. Haha, that’s a new one on me I’ve never heard the term “hash tips” . Sounds like some bro science, but I am curious to see how these hash tips taste. Absent of chlorophyll they probably do taste Hashey!
Actually the Black Energy do better with less light intensity 700 - 900 ppfd I forgot to turn my lights down the last few weeks of flower.

7 Likes

Fo. Sho. Haha. If I hadn’t read a lengthy (printed) article about it (with pics and everything! haha) like twelve years ago, I’d think the same thing. But apparently it’s real. The fact that it was a printed article instead of something online made me think, you know,”This has to be real, right?” haha.

Or maybe those assholes were just bleaching the fuck outta the tops of their plants, calling them “hash tips” and decided,”Hey! Let’s submit a two-thousand-word article to Skunk magazine about how 660 nanometer red lighting produces unreal amounts of trichome production on the tips of your plants!” haha…

I dunno. Never tried it myself haha!

Somehow we got on the “hash tips” topic on some thread here a few years ago and I went into the closet and dug out that issue of Skunk magazine, took pics of the pages and posted them on that thread (we were quarantining… we were bored as fuck… you remember how it was haha).

Anyway, yeah, that sucks about the bleached tips… haha!

5 Likes

Hey folks. Just a quick Q. I’ve got a Doc D Mullumbimby/Oaxacan x Sensi Star f2 going and I was curious if anyone’s run into stress relates issues with this cultivar. I have this and 2 Bananastan that were originally under 400w HPS for the first week of flower and then I got a new 600w LED. For the first week I ran it at 60% and slowly raised it to 100%. Everything was going great until I noticed an open pollen sack that dropped into the center of a fan leaf. I quickly gave it a mist then removed the plant and remaining sacks. There were only 3 or 4. None of the other plants in the tent are exhibiting any stress related symptoms, so I was wondering if maybe I caused this.
Thanks!

9 Likes

I don’t think I’ve mentioned this to folks but there’s a reputable seller over on Strainly with some Doc packs at fair prices, if anyone’s looking for these:

And this one’s outta my range but it sure looks fire:

https://strainly.io/en/listings/421702-genius-thai-x-afkan-slash-x18paki-doc-d-seeds

10 Likes

Hey everyone. Happy 4/20. Here is a smoke/grow report for 3 Ethiopian Flames V2 (Ethiopian Banana x Dragon Energy) I ran a few months ago.

E1 (soil grown)
I grew in 5 gallon stonington blend. Amended with fresh Earthworm castings, coco, and volcanic rock dust.
I top fed fish bone meal week 1, 3, and 5. I messed up the watering during week 7-8ish and let her dry out way too much (even the cover crop were wilted).
Great flavors and the effects are the strongest of the 3 plants.

After some cure I am getting citrus sweet notes, some spices, sandlewood, and a little gas.
Feels very spacey, uplifting, happy, makes my limbs heavy, relaxing, introspective, Love it.

It got hit with a little pollen from the Sky Lotus male I was using. I have about 75 seeds, not sure if or when I will get to them.
Harvested F65.

E2 and E3
These two were grown DWC in a 10 - gallon reservoir 2 months before the soil.

DWC Grow Stats:
8 Days - Germination
25 Days - Veg
61 Days - Flower
94 day grow cycle
10 gallon DWC
Stretch was about 40 inches. 10" at flip to flower and about 50" at harvest

E2 - Out of these 2, there was a lavender smelling plant I really enjoyed. I kept going back to those jars, not because it wasn’t potent, but because I want to smoke it every day.
I kept the skeleton of all the plants in my closet for a couple weeks so I could compost them and I could still smell the lavender on the stems.
This one had the red sap trait.

This one presses awesome. The smell is grape kool aid or sweet tarts. The color is a little darker yellow with hints of purple in it. I yielded about 21-24% at 190F for 2 minutes.

Harvested F61. I saw some amber late week 8. I wanted to take them to 65-70 days, but the other plant threw nanners.

E3 - The other sweet, more gassy plant threw a few nanners at about F58. I plucked one or two and hoped for the best, but they kept coming.
I would say this had another 5-7 days before optimal harvest, but I was worried about the nanners. I haven’t found any seeds in any of my harvest. So they were sterile or I got lucky.
I had 2 other plants in the tent go a couple weeks longer and I didn’t find any seed pods or micro seeds in them either.
Maybe they were too close to the light and this plant didn’t like it, or something DWC related. I am hard on my plants. The other 2 were fine, so just something to note.

The satellite buds were heavy, so a lot of supports were needed.

I still have half a pack left. Hopefully I can revisit this strain sometime next year. Definitely worth the time and space. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

37 Likes

I haven’t grown that particular cross, but any time something “bad” happens during one of my grows, I always chalk it up to user error.

It’s possible that you switching from the 400-watt HPS to the 600-watt LED had something to do with it (although I’m not sure why that’d be, exactly). I’d also check for light leaks etc and all of the usual culprits.

17 Likes

In my last round I had one plant start throwing tons of nanners around week 7. I still haven’t found seeds in any of the buds coming out of the tent from that round. I’m pretty sure it takes more than a couple weeks for seeds to form and mature.

That said, I assume the plant didn’t much care for being half starved by the bottled nutes I was using. After really doing some deep dives into hydro buddy with their guaranteed minimums, it seems they were really meant for use in amended premix soil, but we’re marketed as being great for any medium.

13 Likes

Appreciate it. Yeah, I’ve looked around for those, and I’ve got a couple Bananastan n others that weren’t affected, so I’m just gonna make believe it didn’t happen and hope for the best :slight_smile: I

7 Likes

Great report and awesome job with your grow!
Are those the V1 of Ethiopian Flame or V2?

8 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’ve seen this vendor w Bodhi beans too.
Dragon Temple sounds nice.

6 Likes

ty. I edited the smoke report. They are the V2.

5 Likes

As far as I know, the Oax/Mull x SS F2 is a pre release tester. Haven’t seen much from the SS male yet. I’ve run Bananastan remix with no issues.

Hopefully more people grow them versus reselling for a profit.

11 Likes

Awesome detailed Ethiopian Flames V2 grow and smoke report!
Thank you for sharing your info and pics of this lovely sounding strain.

5 Likes

He’s a solid seller. I’ve dealt with him a couple times already and his prices are really fair.

Is another really good one.

4 Likes

About how long was it between nanners? I’m really hoping she forgets lol I tried immediately misting it and all my other plants hoping it might help.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve got 7 more to run if this doesn’t work out and then that’s it, unless I really like it, then I’ll try and maybe reveg. The bananastan I have is the 1st release with the Ethopian Banana. I might wanna try both :slight_smile:

Bananastan at 25 days. I only vegged for 30 days so they’re a little short. I was told by Doc D the Mullumbimby is a stretcher, so I cut them both short. I may have over reacted, but I have plenty more seeds :slight_smile:

27 Likes

Cool thank you, yes i agree about his fair prices. I like when strainly prices are comperable to glg, jbc, headiegardens. And not “scalper” prices.

8 Likes

a couple days in between finding them. When I was trimming I found quite a few more. If I didn’t have other things in the tent that needed more time, I probably would have let it go another week.

6 Likes

Yeah, I completely missed em. They were just hiding lower on the plant and under the first set of buds. I saw the empty sack open in the middle of a fan leaf. Not like I didn’t grow up smoking weed with a few seeds or …none

3 Likes

Right like I’m sure this guy got all these for $30/pack on the mailing list, he’s just basically covering the seeds he probably planted by selling off the other half at seed bank retail or close. Seems cool, nice stuff besides the Doc D packs too.

6 Likes