Doc D cannabis seeds

Ive smoke one of the Piff’s in NYC and it is heavy coming down after a bit of a roller coaster.

And you’re right, I too have found doc’s work with older heirloom s to be what I describe as the perfect surfer’s weed. Irie and even-keeled, relaxing yet you could totally paddle out and catch waves all day, the sky and Nature look even more beautiful and vibrant. The best effect I’ve had from doc like that was his Panama Black #4 x Cherry Cake with Cherry Tiger - Golden Tiger x Cherry Cake - in a close second. I used both of those lines together to make Jaguar, which Bostonbobmass used to make Panama Red Death x Jaguar.

9 Likes

Yeah, I chopped everything from the last round a few weeks ago, haven’t been in any rush to plant new stuff yet, I dunno why. I’ve known a couple of the things I’m gonna plant for a while now, but I’ve been been thinking about what else I might plant. I usually try to mix it up a little bit, some BLD’s, some NLD’s, stuff that’ll finish in nine weeks and stuff that’ll finish in twelve or longer.

The more I’ve been thinking about it, though, the more I’ve been like,”Why? Why plant some BLD stuff? You’re so rarely happy with the high of those plants and you always love the NLD/longer-flowering/‘heirloom’-type plants.”

So I dunno haha. I’ll probably still plant some sorta hybrid that I expect to finish in nine weeks or so, if for no other reason than I don’t wanna have to trim everything all at the same time haha.

Are those Doc D strains? They don’t sound familiar to me, but I only subscribed to his monthly email for the last few years before he moved. Are those older releases? Or…? I never read about him using a Cherry Cake male.

14 Likes

Yup. doc D around 2014. The Cherry Cake male was selected by a buddy of ours and CC was bred by Seeds of Compassion, teo guys from the old Skunk Magazine forum.
doc selected the Panama Black #4 female. Kiki selected a Malawi-dom Golden Tiger.
I wish more people had those two crosses

11 Likes

Ah, okay. I looked around after you mentioned that, just to see what Cherry Cake even is. I was afraid it was some sorta bullshit Ice Cream Cake/Wedding Cake/GSC thing haha and was pleasantly surprised to find out that it wasn’t. Sounds like a good male.

8 Likes

It’s amazing how often I go to check out a new breeder, see baked goods names in the first 2 strains, and just close the window.
Like, I don’t even look at what it is.

15 Likes

There is a collab between Doc D’s Magic Spirit Seed Co. and Nobody’s Nursery. Shoe is doing preorders for the drop on his discord until Sunday.

SHOE :skunk: — 09/23/2023 2:33 PM
Alright my friends. Lets get rolling here :yellow_heart: :raised_hands:t2:
Pre-Order for Nobody’s Nursery collab with Doc D’s Magic Spirit Seed Co.

Packs are 60 each and come with 12 regular seeds per pack. Pre-Order payment must be sent in before October 1st to secure the order. If payment isn’t sent in on time then the pre-order is cancelled and the packs will go to the website for the drop. No limits on amounts so pick up as many packs as you need. I’ll hold a handful of packs for the drop on the website but you are welcome to grab whatever you need now to avoid the rush of the drop :yellow_heart::100::pray: @everyone
Please DM me with your selections and I’ll send you the payment information. We are only accepting cash sent via USPS (the Post Office) as payment.
Thank you everybody :yellow_heart::100::pray:
Packs available are:

•Santa Cruz Blue Dream x A5 Haze/Thai bx

•Super Silver Haze f3 x A5 Haze/Thai bx

•“J5 Haze” (10 K Jack X A5 Haze/Thai bx)

•Chernobyl ‘Slymer cut’ x A5 Haze/Thai bx

•Lemon Thai f5 x A5 Haze/Thai bx

•”A5 Haze ix” (A5 Haze x A5 Haze/Thai bx)

21 Likes

Is there a discord link floating around? I’d be interested in some of that.

2 Likes

Shoe sends out invites. I bought seeds from his site and he sent me a link in an email.

5 Likes

This one has my attention. I would love a decent Blue Dream cross. I will wait for the drop though. Hopefully it’s not a foolish move on my part.

5 Likes

If you don’t pre-order you run the risk of being SOL , if demand is high .

4 Likes

But Im an old man and don’t understand these new things like discord and instagram. Lol

In all seriousness I really don’t want to join another social media platform to order seeds. Probably not a wise choice, but I will take the risk.

If someone wants to grab a pack, I will gladly reimburse though.

7 Likes

Well I’m in my 70’s , so I’m a geezer too . Joining the Discord group not needed to buy seeds from Shoe . It does however give one a heads up on limited releases , auctions on scarce / rare offerings , upcoming drops etc . Email them & explain you want to play , they’ll hook you up . I’d be happy to let you piggyback but I’ve already sent my order / payment in .

8 Likes

According to Nobody’s Nursery, what SHOE is getting for this drop is pretty much all that’s left. The male is gone so they can’t be remade. So whether you wait or get into SHOE’s discord for the preorder, it’s up to you. But at least you have all the info to weigh the options.

EDIT: not entirely sure the male is gone, but these are the last of the seeds Nobody made with it.

10 Likes

Did they lose Doc’s A5T male ? Damn might have to take out a mortgage…

3 Likes

I’m not entirely sure if they had the male and lost it, just had pollen from the male, or if they’re just not using the male again. But at any rate, that’s it.

5 Likes

What’s the email? I will contact them now.

1 Like

Got 2 addresses . First is Big Shoe ( owner ) headiegardens1@yahoo.com & 2nd is the shop’s email shoe@headiegardens.com .

3 Likes

Shoe said he was holding back packs of seeds for his site. There are a couple of crosses with blueberry that will be auction only on his discord. Those packs havent been listed.

3 Likes

Broke-ness sucks haha. I wish I could just buy them from Doc for $30 haha

7 Likes

It’s a trade-off. If you really want those seeds, you should probably join, if for no other reason than to beat the re-sellers.

However, be prepared to get the occasional email that says,”Blahblahblah mentioned you on the headiegardens discord thread!” and then log on to see what the fuck they’re talking about, look through the thread, see that nobody actually mentioned you (why would they? You only logged on like once or twice three months ago to buy a specific pack of seeds and never logged on again) and then realize,”Ohhh… I’m just getting bullshit emails to try and get me to engage on discord again.”

Like I said, it’s a trade-off haha. That Blue Dream cross would probably be a good one for you to get, though, since you were asking about that a few weeks ago and all. I love that A5Thai male; that crossed to the SCBD sounds very promising. If I was buying seeds, I’d probably grab a pack or two of that one, might be a good idea for you to sign up just to get some of those.

13 Likes