Doc D cannabis seeds

Looking for this, thanks!! :pray:t2:

2 Likes

In another forum thread an individual claimed that the A5t was not A, but rather C. I ran some of Dwight’s Outback which Nevil personally selected 2 from 122 and were said to be A dominant. More savory, meat, warm, leather etc. this is consistent with A5t…Outback was out to Thai and back to Nevils haze.

The outback were far higher terpenes in this profile type than what I have had so far, but less back of pallet metal Thai. Some were like homemade chicken soup. Really savory type. I prefer the sharp pine cones and incense of C.

So Bandaid is effectively a recombination of A and C from CBH

5 Likes

I linked up above the convo between Yo Sammy and Karma G where Yo Sammy states the A5 is lost and Karma proves him wrong.

5 Likes

It’s a convincing read for sure…I believe he believes it. It’s difficult to say because so many things can come out of just one selection different in haze…

4 Likes

Or they came to a compromise in the name of selling more seeds, lol.

5 Likes

Id trust the SoHo crew over Karma.

Karma makes and sells seeds, the other guys are preservationists and breeders.
When I see seedmakers Bx more than one time in a row, i dont consider them breeders.

7 Likes

I can only speak from my own experiences with these different lines, but I feel the unsung hero of the Bandaid is the T in A5t

The wild pistil hair doo of 7 is a Thai trait as is that back of pallet… sensation more than a flavor. The Nevil’s A5 brings the punch and trichome coverage. CBH the bouquet and incense

6 Likes

I am clueless as to why that would be

2 Likes

That’s funny :laughing:.

2 Likes

It’s definitely laughable. But I wasn’t even talking about BAH/CBH/Mirakel Thai/whatever; I was just talking about all of it haha. All of the bullshit and he said/he said nonsense, conflicting stories etc etc. That’s what makes it laughable, is that nobody can seem to agree on anything. It seems like that’s the case for every motherfucking cultivar/strain/hybrid etc out there.

So why listen to any of them? Why listen to any of these stories? Why listen to the people who “were there” when none of them can seem to agree with each other on anything?

I agree with that haha! I mean, I dunno about the CBH, but one or two of my BAH plants had that going on (pictures of it are in this thread and also in my grow log of those plants) and I’ve seen it in other people’s BAH grow logs, too.

Definitely as far as growth patterns are concerned, but I think it’s really apparent in the high of the few A5Thai hybrids I’ve grown/smoked, no matter the plant morphology/smell/length of flower/flavor or any other “marker.” And I don’t think that’s a bad thing. I love the smoke of those A5T hybrids, looking forward to the Wat Phos I’m growing right now and the seeds of all the other A5T crosses I have in my fridge that’ll get planted eventually.

Wow, how funny, I just happen to be growing a few Cheese/Haze plants as we speak. I’ll be sure to keep my eyes peeled for ocimene haha…

9 Likes

It took over 30 yrs, but Piffcon was the first time we actually got to see ~160 haze type or haze influenced lines tested at one time by one facility. Unusually high Ocimene levels as well as camphene and others were found to be sone of the defining terpenes as well as uncommonly high CBG, CBC.high density sessile and stalkless trichome where these are produced…

Cheese has the old 5haze in it like Bandaid, but the outcross changes it into something so different. I believe the Chem’s are old 5haze as well. Terpinolene from skunk and crosses with the handful of other lines at the time changed 5haze almost unrecognizably.

By '92. Popping anything at that time like early Jack, inbred 5haze, Skunk haze, cheese. Everyone wanted to make something better with their 5haze and all it did was knock it all down a level from perfection.

Here is a test of one of the CBH. Not all that high. (I am not sure if this is the same cut, but it’s levels are not much higher.

I haven’t seen an analysis for B7, but read it was in the upper twenties. The A5 is the more potent of them. Together the bit of dreamy, stone load is more Colombia or fast powerful come one. CBH an CBH dom is a little Stony for haze. Disorienting like amnesia haze or Colombian dom which most hazes are selected toward. Makes a better package maybe. The Thai SE Asian creeps in with wave after wave of energy.

Some say the CBH was an old c5 outcrossed to Colombian Black which I could see. Then the Thai brings in more dream functional duration.

It’s a good line. Does anyone have analytics on Bandaid to compare?

7 Likes

BAH IX 3.0

7 Likes

In terms of genetics, you only need one Bx.

And if youre gonna do another Bx, its better to work the lime from the first Bx before Bx’ing again.

Like,
Chem 91 x Afghan
Then F2 it, make selections. Bx that to the C91.
F2 or F3 that, then Bx to the C91.
Thats a better Bx2 than C91 x [C91 x (c91 x afghan)]

20 Likes

Thank you! I would have been nice if they posted a more complete analysis…I can kind of imagine how the dry mango aspect of Myrcene could come together with the Caryphlphyllene to produce something in the leather and marm notes associated with Bandaid.

The general consensus has been that Myrcene in place 1 and low to no Terpinolene are consistent in what most associate with haze. From there high Ocimene in the incenses and camphene in the pine haze types.

From these 2 tests we can see the CBG and CBGA increases, but overall this particular Bandaid increases in less than novel terpenes relative to CBH

If Piffcon happens this year again I hope to see tests of some of the other haze types.

7 Likes

This is BH7 tested a few years back by @thaherbalist

:sun_with_face:

14 Likes

That’s almost as high of CBG and CBGa as Silk S and the same ratio! Bandaid doesn’t have as strong or refined of a frankincense, but other aspects of the mid notes/exhale I prefer to S. The Ocimene in S is the highest recorded for haze so far. This test doesn’t show them for B7. They are relatively low, but should still be present.

From these tests it looks like Silk S is 30% higher terpenes, B7 is ~20% more potent and S is ~20% higher in the haze associated cannabinoids. Going to be a good make :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Hmm this is good info thanks for sharing. Have just been thinking about this for the first time myself. Attempting to back cross a red Lebanese hp. I was planning on using making f2s of the outcross and then finding the select male to hit back to original clone. But was thinking of comparing it and crossing original clone to the f1 male(s) I would use to make the f2s and compare f2s to first backcross to find the desired male but from this I think I will stick to picking from the f2 males.

4 Likes

Was this entry a BAH? Bandaid #75?

6 Likes

karma released a bandaid haze x a5 haze(or vice versa) and named it ba75.

9 Likes

Thank you @antheis that makes sense, Bandaid Haze #7 x A5 = BA75

4 Likes