Doc D cannabis seeds

I love seeing natural fox tailing cultivars :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

IMO

Those deserve to be reproduced, but because of the issues mentioned, if i were you, I’d try and find more packs or collaborate with others, to use as many plants as possible, to avoid possibly bottlenecking the population and progeny to the point where that trait is difficult to eliminate

Well that sure was a run on sentence but I stand by it.

3 Likes

Grow them and see if you find something you like while taking keepers. It’s ultimately your call.

1 Like

@acro just abuses them by the hundred at a time

But I love it

2 Likes

I have quite a bit of OHaze ( MM, JC work) THH (different releases , YoSammy’s A5xC5/5HzC, as well as C5x5HzC , BH#7 X C5//5HzC.as well as many, Haze hybrid crosses. . I’m very fortunate thus far in the relationships I’ve forged and the pioneers before me who have worked these lines and preserved them all these years . I plan on doing my own preserving and in-house crossings in the near future.

17 Likes

Welcome to our community. I look forward to hearing more about your journey. Great collection of haze btw.

1 Like

I appreciate your kind gesture, my journey started twenty + years ago, been collecting genetics for 18 out of those twenty from breeders all across the globe. Starting with my first purchase from Nirvana ( Kaya Gold) . Anyways I will save the rest for my introduction to overgrow in the introduce yourself thread. Been a long time hiding in the shadows. Take care everyone and I look forward to meeting you ALL !
Kind regards,
HBH

14 Likes

Purple Punch and Bandaid Haze

i had to take a break from growing and someone brought me some purple punch infused joints to survive the drought - i wasnt a big fan of the effect, but the taste had me bought in. so i popped these dragon energy x purple punch that i had saved. 0.5 gallon pots, 51 days last pics before chop.

this one started out as the loudest one, with sharp kool aid scent and eventually transformed into a sock wet in kool aid smell. ive had this “wet sock” undertone before in fruity plants. not my favorite but ill be interesting to see how it dries.

this one was sort of mute /sort of orangy at the beggining but dropped that pretty quick and is now upfront a gassy with a fruity/tropical back end. it is also the bigger yielder, with dense hard nugs, and id say pretty decent frost.

(showed a lil sensitivity to being close to the light… i didnt think it would be that bad but… apparently i was wrong)

and this one started out mute, with some orangy some tropical but very quiet. now it smells like what #1 was smelling like at the beginning - all kool aid, almost no funkiness, no wet sock at all. downside is it yielded shit haha.

Finally, these i dont believe i had shared here before - but i grew a bandaid haze last year (or was it at the beginning of this year?) that was all musky very very oily (and everyone who smoked it agreed it was good shit, potent head high but a lot of relaxation as well), BUT it was incredibly leafy and the buds were like thin strands, so i wasnt going to keep it (fortunately i have two packs of bandaid to go thru) so i popped a couple more and have these two bandaid hazes flowering

the two bandaid haze seem to be pretty different phenos. one flowered pretty quick and while it still has some weeks to go its far more ready than the other one which is barely starting to form buds. the longer flowering one has a bit of that musk and resembles the thin structure of my last bandaid but it also has a bit of a flowery thing on the back end. the short flowering one has almost no musk and has a generic stick deodorant sort of thing going on with a lil bit of flowery, a lil og. reminds me a bit of Ancient OG actually.
so anyone who has grown bandaid haze if any of this rings familiar and want to chip in, please do. cough cough @advancedbuffalo @minitiger and anyonelse.

also .05 gallons and 51 days in flower.

faster flowering pheno

long flowering pheno

31 Likes

Yeah, that sounds familiar haha. Of the four I grew, three were quicker-finishers and the other one seemed like she could’ve gone 100+ days. I chopped all of them on day 74, just because I’d gotten aphids for a second grow in a row and was PISSED haha, but I don’t think that was too early for the three faster ones. In fact, I think it was probably the perfect time, even though I’d been planning on letting them go 84 days. That probably would’ve been too long.

Here’s the #1 plant at day 50, just one day earlier than where you’re at now:

And the #3 plant on day 50:

She was the 100+ days plant, but, strangely, she smoked the heaviest, despite the fact that she was the most “Sativa-looking” and also got chopped way early; you’d think that it would’ve been the opposite. I was most excited about her while she was growing, but she ended up being my least-favorite smoke of the four haha. I’m fairly certain that she was a Cuban Black Haze-leaner, just based on what I’ve read about the way it grows etc.

Here’s the #4 plant at flower day 50:

And the #6 plant:

So, yeah, yours don’t really look like there’s anything “wrong” with them haha, seems like they’re growing similarly to the way mine did. I’m super-interested to hear what you think of the longer-flowering one you’re growing. I mean, I’m interested to hear what you think of both haha, I fucking looooooved the three shorter-flowering ones, but I’m definitely curious to hear if you think that longer-flowering one smokes as heavy as the one I grew (and chopped really early) did.

As far as smells are concerned, I remember all of mine had a salty/sweaty smell and very “plastic-y,” too, which I think is just a trait that Doc’s A5Thai male imparts. Every single A5T cross I’ve grown so far has that going on. I’m probably misinterpreting the smell, probably other people would say it smells like something else, but to me, all of those A5T crosses smell like salty plastic haha.

Anyway… Your plants look good! Pretty impressive that you’re growing them in half-gallons, too. And I’m just assuming it was a typo when you wrote “.05 gallons” haha… That would be REALLY impressive.

26 Likes

wow thank you for that man! impressive post as always.

im pretty stoked on the fast flowering one, smells much more interesting than the first bandaid i had and looks much better, the smoke on the first one convinced me i have to go thru them packs - itll be a pair at a time tho, as space allows.

lol yeah 0.5 gallon actually.

10 Likes

Yeahhhhh, but you know as well as anybody not to put too much stock into how things look/smell while they’re growing. You never know, that one you hate haha could turn out to be your favorite.

I know, man, I really liked the BAH’s I grew, too (except for that one heavy-ass plant). I wanna plant some more real soon, too; very good weed.

12 Likes

Did you ever pop any of the primal haze beans?

3 Likes

key lime pie is really a sister plant to sherbert strain the stuff on the internets wrong . theres no thin mint terp in key lime pie its funny it says its a cookie pheno

1 Like

Sherbert is a cookies cross.

1 Like

I think most people forget that Sherbet is 1/4 Burmese from the Pink Panties

1 Like

There’s two Sherbs.

Sunset Sherb the purple one from cookiefam

Green Sherb aka Key Lime Pie (rumored to possibly be a zkittlez hybrid or parent or bagseed, something Z related)

10 Likes

I stand corrected. Never heard of the green sherb.

1 Like

Green Sherb/KLP is the one CSI uses fwiw

15 Likes

Thin Mint Cookies was the original cookie fam cut.
Then forum cut from bag seed, which was better than. Thin Mint came a few years later.

Then, Stardust Gardens was selling clones for cookie fam in nor cal. He leaked the cut that is now called key lime Pie under the name “stardust sherbet”. Cookie fam sent him a cease and desist and the name got changed to key lime Pie. That cut was used to make Sunset Sherbet. Key Lime Pie/Stardust sherbet has zero cookie genetics in it.

Hope that adds clarity.

13 Likes

Anyone have key lime pie seeds? Willing to trade something for a flip.

3 Likes