Doc D cannabis seeds

Can you accurately describe the high of that Bandaid Haze, @advancedbuffalo? I’ve read a lot about it, growth patterns, structure, flavors, whatever, but nobody’s ever talked about how it actually smokes. Or not that I’ve found, anyway.

What’s the high like?

4 Likes

I trust @zephyr’s judgement. If he says Archive is shady, then fuck Archive… Still, good to hear from somebody else who’s had a little experience with them. I agree with you on the whole “If Doc is breeding with their gear, it’s probably pretty good” thing. I trust Doc’s judgement, too. I had a hard time deciding what to plant this run, kind of; thought about planting some of those Outer Limits, which is a cross of Archive’s “Sour Diesel.” I love Sour Diesel and I asked Doc about it; he vouched for it. Again, I trust his judgement.

Y’all know better than I. I have zero experience with Archive’s genetics thus far. But that won’t last long. Those Outer Limits are getting planted next run for sure.

8 Likes

Docd’s Kazzam hidden in a closet, what a shame… the Florida sun might do these some justice!!

These beautiful plants deserve their freedom.

24 Likes

I never said anything about bogus cuts. My point is that their numbered lines are just branding because they say they rotate their mother plants grown from seed. this is done for plant health reasons, and as a precaution against plant viroids.

I trust their clones to be genuine, I don’t expect them to be straightforward about their breeding process or where it came from. I’m not interested in any of their overpriced seed offerings because I know they don’t release anything of value in its pure form.

Like I said I’m growing their blueberry and it’s genuine.

you kind of proved my point about the monopoly. they are the only nursery that sells directly to recreational cannabis customers. the other large nurseries are wholesalers that sell only to commercially licensed growers and dispensaries. dispensaries like progressive have clones from many different nurseries, but they do not keep their clones in a sterile environment and I would never buy a clone from them.

The clones are out in the open in the retail space and they allow customers to touch them. Unless they have built a clone room and changed their policies, there is no way I’m bringing that into my grow space.

If you want clean fresh clones from a nursery that haven’t been handled excessively and sat around stressed for up to a month on a dispensary sales floor, archive is pretty much the only option here.

11 Likes

Im going to compile a few older posts that are in Beanbasement for this one…

First post-hunt impressions

Bandaid Haze 4 - The community favorite. An extremely cerebral, uplifting, enjoyable high with no lethargy or sedation. A pretty good yielder as well. Bag appeal isn’t exactly a primary concern, but it is definitely a bonus because of the nature of our current market. This one definitely has that.

Terpenes are less piney than Pheno 2. It has more of a musty, floral nose to it. A nice fuely sour note shows up on the grind. This one seems to get better with time in the jar, where number 2 has lost it’s extreme pine scent after 2 weeks. This one also has superior flavor, smokes better in a joint and in a vape, and has a more pure/consistent high.

On top of all of this, I’m seeing trichomes shedding in the jar! She may just dump. She has great structure for extraction so I may experiment with that for next round. Clearly she has enough resin to make it worth an attempt.

Pheno 2 is a bit more “magical”, but I think that is because of the more sedating nature of that pheno. Number 2 was a 10.5 week strain and number 4 is 13 weeks. I believe this pheno (4), being the more pure individual, will be more useful in breeding projects because of its more consistent high and superior terpenes. I expect those psychadelic effects will return if she is crossed with something like SSDD.

Number one priority with these keepers will be backing them up in S1 form and sharing cuts with good growers to make sure these lines stay alive. These are really something special and I’d like more people to experience them.

Keeper Pheno # 4 post cure

She has the best balance of terpenes for my palette and goals. As a disclaimer, I have never grown pure A5, CBH, C5, etc. When I reference them, I’m basing my observations on word from others who have reliably described these terpene profiles. I have grown crosses of these strains, but not the pure varieties.

But this one checks all of the boxes for me for smoke quality, consistency of the high, taste, and terpenes. It has a complex onion, armpit, floral, musty note without that common soapy background. There is a tiny bit of citrus in there, but it isn’t anything like the C5/Dutch haze profile that we see in most haze crosses. I believe that this is a more A5 dominant pheno with some Thai, and a little CBH. The Bud is very resinous, sticky, and beautiful. Smoke is smooth in a joint or in a vaporizer. Based on my limited knowledge and reading, the C5 dominant hazes have a trait that causes those typical citrus/sandalwood terpenes to dominate anything they are crossed with. I’m going to experiment with this pheno to see if the more delicate musty/soap/sweet terpenes play nicer in crosses. I would like to use this pheno to “revive” some modern cuts. Maybe find a pheno that retains a soaring, uplifted effect while bringing some of the more modern fruit/gas terpenes into the mix.

Photos:

34 Likes

Thanks, dude. Nice write-up. And I don’t mean to be demanding or anything haha, but when you describe the high as “cerebral,” what exactly do you mean? I feel like everybody’s idea of a “cerebral high” is a little different. Do you mean it’s sorta introspective? Or more like it gets the juices flowing and you get a lot of good ideas? I feel like some people will describe things as “cerebral” when they really mean “racy.” Not saying that’s what you’re doing, but, like I said, I’m just curious.

Sorry to pepper you with questions haha. Very stoked about the Bandaids I planted. All of them were above dirt before anything else, six outta six, seems like they wanna GROW. Right now! Haha. Pretty encouraging, really.

12 Likes

Im very stoned so I hope this comes out right.

I have really bad ADHD and will basically get lost in my thoughts and it takes me forever to do certain things. It’s like my thought process is one jumbled anxious mess and someone keeps changing the channels.

With the bandaid, it organizes those thoughts and basically allows me to tackle them really efficiently. The person changing the channels seems to go away for a bit and I’m able to focus on tasks a whole lot better. It’s like a flow state in plant form.

I’m really sensitive to discomfort in highs so this one has none of that raciness to it. It’s more of a… Cutting the fog away/mind clearing type of high. It’s really awesome. I hear similar reports from other people who have tried it as well. Great pre-exercise/hiking where you want that third eye effect. I do a lot of mountain biking with it.

It’s a very special line. Easy to grow, vigorous (makes hype crosses look silly with its growth rate), powerful, extremely useful medicinal cannabis. Easily top 3 of anything I have hunted.

25 Likes

Okay, cool, sounds good.

So am I. That’s kind of why I was like,”Could you be more specific, advancedbuffalo?” Sometimes the crosses I grow really don’t work for me. They’ll make me a little anxious/panic-y, at least initially. Good to hear the Bandaid isn’t like that for you.

14 Likes

Great information, thanks for the great posts. For me cannabis sometimes offers an opportunity to maintain presence with greater ease. Sounds like your Bandaid #4 is some good medicine that could surely help so many of us. Anyhow, keep up the great work. I’ve been digging following along with your work on here as well as all the bad ass stuff you’ve got on your IG.

8 Likes

ditto what @Chiefer88 said…Thank you @advancedbuffalo for your insight ,you have been very helpful in guiding me to the type of meds I am looking for.
Grace and Peace

6 Likes

The White x Dragon Energy

20 Likes

Another The White x Dragon Energy. Completely different the The last one pictured.

17 Likes

HPK x Uzbeki

19 Likes

Just got these in the mail.

I most look forward to the Lemon Thai F5. The only lemon Thai I’ve had was an awesome lemon Thai leaning Buddha’s Hand from Bodhi. Most lemon pucker tasting strain I’ve ever tried and the effects were sensational, very social and uplifting and happy. :green_heart:

22 Likes

It is going to take all the restraint I can muster to not pop these tomorrow haha.

25 Likes

Yeah, my package just showed up, too. I haven’t opened it yet, though. I’m waiting… haha! It’s like Christmas every month.

I ordered some of those Lemon Thai f5’s, too. Sooooo stoked about them. I’ve never grown any, but I had access to some legit Lemon Thai flowers like ten years ago. Great shit. Can’t wait to put some of those into the dirt. I think those Lemon Thai crosses will turn out really good, too. I was so on the fence about that Sour Diesel/Lemon Thai cross. Wanted to grab some of those and probably would have if I didn’t have too many seeds already. I’m really curious to see how those turn out for the people who ordered them, though.

11 Likes

I definitely balked on the sour d/LT.
But A few people in my small circle love cookie stuff so getting that pack was a no brainer. I look forward to finding something nice in all of these.

6 Likes

Received the Lemon Thai, Thanks @Doc.D
Cleaning up now post Kazzam and Ethiopian Banana, will be dropping Lemon Thai in a few. These LT beans are phat!! Big ol beans and nice and healthy. Anxious to get them in the ground.

My buds really like the pre/cure lowers of both Kazzam and EB,
they seem to like the EB a little more than the Kaz by a slim margine.
This is preliminary, I think the Kazzam is going to be the hit parade.
The one blak pheno in this is special, it is dank heavy BO and sweet underneath, got a nice full jar of this in the stash.

Doc.D has quality gear and excellent service for those who don’t know. !!!5stars!!!
Happy Grows everyone
Grace and Peace

14 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Planted four of them three days ago.

5 Likes

Not at all. I was referring to the pack of GSC x AFpak that I grabbed. It’s for the ones in my family who enjoy the cookie stuff. :green_heart:

5 Likes