Doc D cannabis seeds

You should fine some stellar stuff in that SD x LT. I was saying I didn’t grab it because others wanted cookies. I would have grabbed the SD x LT for head stash lol

6 Likes

just got my shipment in!!

21 Likes

Tk x lemon tai looks tasty

7 Likes

ya man, cant wait to find out

This is exactly what I was thinking. I went for the Goji Razz because the mother, Nepali/Tahoe OG is a very uplifting energetic OG. The dad, snow lotus, is also known for its uplift and positive mental state. I think both the Goji and TK will perform exceptionally with the Thai lines.

Popping everything on Friday!

11 Likes

I think he is saying that he wanted the Sour D x LT but went for the Forum Cut x LT because his circle has some cookie lovers in it.

Sour D x Lemon Thai is not something that I would expect to throw out cookie phenos. I’m expecting some slow expanding sour d type colas, decent bag appeal, extremely high quality resin, and lemon head flavor up front with sour Chem back ends. Well… Thays what I’m hoping for anyways!! :crossed_fingers:

Oh yeah. And an electric uplifting social high. That’s the main focus.

13 Likes

following up on the archive overflow, here are some pictures of the harvest.

I’ll be honest, I do not like this cut. I just haven’t liked any of the hybrids of their stud faceoff og male, which most of their lines are made with.

I really don’t understand this selection at all. It has terrible growth traits. This is the most sensitive, needy, and difficult plant in my grow. Nothing else has needed special care and attention like the overflow has. this plant is absolutely limp. It has many large colas and a ton of branching, but all the branches and colas need to be tied for support.

The buds have no structure, they are just a limp mess of plant matter. When you cut them the leaves and buds wilt and deflate. This stuff is wet and floppy, which makes it difficult to trim.

The worst thing about this plant is the calyx to leaf ratio. It’s preposterous. I look at this plant and I just think “hell no.” How did they get this structure and bud type out of those genetics? I guess the blueberry (colorado flo is dj short’s floral line) always had kind of soft buds, but the OG had almost no leaves at all on the buds, and the buds were made of firm solid plant matter. Platinum OG barely needed to be trimmed at all. I absolutely cannot believe that this hybrid didn’t produce anything better than this.

It has the worst calyx to leaf ratio I have ever seen. Many landraces have better calyx to leaf ratio. (I’m growing a wild long flowering sativa which is insane and archaic, even that has fewer leaves in its buds.)

Here are some photos of the overflow before and after trimming. That’s about 6 sticks, and a few loose buds. Same buds on the same tray, about 4 hours of tedious work later.

Before

After

That’s it. That’s all you get for your effort. What looked like dense colas are actually empty sticks with small buds, and most of the weight is now a giant pile of trim. Granted those couple of buds look pretty good, but it just cannot be worth it. also @minitiger I knew if anyont could empathize with my bitching about trimming leafy buds, it would be you haha.

I thought it could still be fine as a hash plant but it actually makes very sub-standard concentrate and hash. because it is so wet and the leaves are so weak and limp, it releases a ton of water and clorophyll into your solvent or ice water, and produces dark low quality hash. I have tried a few different methods, none of them helped.

This is also the most bud-rot susceptible plant in the garden, which is kind of a surprise because usually I only have that problem with plants that have large dense buds.

This Overflow selection from archive was worse than any of the plants I have grown from seed this year including breeder packs, landraces, free seeds from friends, and an old unknown black market line. So home growers, random chance, natural selection, and an old black market farm all made better selections than a dispensary with lots of resources and access to modern testing.

One thing that occurred to me is that they may have selected this pheno for its veg and clone propagation traits. That’s the only thing that makes sense to me. They weren’t selling flower or concentrate made with the overflow, so maybe they just selected the pheno that was easiest for their clone nursery to work with.

Back the the subject of Doc D, his cut is definitely older and I’m sure he wouldn’t have kept it around if it was like this one. I’m certain his is better than this. The resin coverage is good on this pheno and there has to be something better in those genetics than what I got.

The blueberry from archive is amazing. I love it, it’s a great representation. classic blueberry smell, great complex uplifting and energizing sativa high, with no side effects that could interfere with medical use. Somewhat pest and mildew susceptible compared to other plants in the garden, but that is predictable for this line.

It seems like these old school lines from archive are legit. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out for their sour diesel, although they haven’t stocked it in quite a while. I was hoping to get their blueberry and sour diesel, but went for the overflow because it wasn’t stocked.

27 Likes

Duuuuude… Yeah, that isn’t great. Is that the entire plant???

That makes sense to me, too. Sort of a “Fuck it, who cares how she grows, let’s just sell a shitload of clones”-type attitude. I mean, if that’s the whole plant, then that could be the only explanation. Especially since the flowers are as you described.

Well at least the Blueberry turned out good. Like you said, I don’t think Doc would be using bullshit plants to breed with. I’m in love with that Mexican Melon I chopped six weeks ago haha, pretty much all I’ve been smoking since I harvested. @iamyou_youareme is growing Archive’s Rudeboi clone right now, pretty interested to see how it turns out for him. I didn’t mention your feelings about that clone to him haha…

13 Likes

Man that is pretty bad looking structure on that OverFlo… I almost picked that one up, because I heard from someone else online that the terpenes are really good on that one. Glad I skipped it. I’ve actually grown out Archive’s Hazmat OG before, which uses the same Face Off OG dad I think. I wasn’t that impressed. The structure was way better than that Overflo though, that’s just frustrating! I’m hoping for better results from the Rudeboi OG #7, but so far she’s been the most finicky plant. Also hoping that their GG4 cut is legit and they didn’t pull any fuckery with breeding it to something else. The Blueberry definitely looks like some older genetics, just the way the plant grows and leaf structure. And the T-1000 from Archive is more of CSI’s work than theirs, I think anyways.

I asked the dudes at the store about the Sour Diesel cut and they haven’t seen it in a while, but I’m keeping an eye out for it. I have never tried Sour Diesel, but have heard it hyped so much I gotta try it.

And to keep this post Doc.D related… I think his pack of Goji OG (Razz) x DE is the pack I’m popping next, anyone grow it out?

10 Likes

Threw down a bunch a Doc’s stuff. Probably too much.lol

White Haze × Dragon Energy

White Haze × ChemDD f2

White Haze × Dream Lotus

Bananastan

KillerA5 × Beastie Boy

Purple Punch × AfPak

27 Likes

I haven’t grown that out, but just judging from those Mexican Melons, it seems like the DE male ups the yields and affects the flower structure, but doesn’t really affect the way it actually smokes. And I say that because I got those two Mexican Melon females, one of which looked (to me) like just straight-up Mexican Death Sativa, all unruly with looser flowers. The other had huuuuuuge buds, so big the plant snapped on day 28. The flowers are chunkier, but they still smell, taste and smoke exactly the same as the other Mexican Melon. Which is great haha, because I love the way that one smokes. I would’ve loved to see how that plant yielded as a whole plant, and not like 1/5 of a plant. As it is, she yielded more than anything else.

I’ve got three of Doc’s Colombian Gold x DE vegging now, pretty stoked to see if something similar happens with those. Also got six Bandaid Hazes vegging, but those don’t have any Dragon Energy in them, so… Fuck them haha!

12 Likes

Hell yeah, that sounds like an ideal dude. Bump up the yields, but not change the flavor or smoke! Looking forward to popping this pack. Must… not… buy… new… tent…

5 Likes

Remind me, were the effects different with the 2 phenos?

3 Likes

No, not at all. That’s why I’ve been slacking on writing the smoke report for that one, just because it’s so similar. I feel like I could just copy-and-paste the smoke report I wrote for the #2, which was the unruly one. The only difference, really, is in the yields and the flower structure.

I have no excuse for why I haven’t written the reports for the Chem Fuegos and Black Triangles, though haha. I reeeealllyyyy dig those Chem Fuegos, though, gonna write that report soon.

10 Likes

no, it was actually decent sized around four feet tall with a ton of branching, but this is a good example of what it’s producing. all the colas and buds are like this or even smaller and less dense.

Thanks for sharing this, I was considering the hazmat because I like chem. That’s very helpful to hear your experience with it.

It’s really interesting that we don’t seem to like any of their faceoff hybrids.

In hindsight, I probably would have been better off with the t-1000.
Hopefully they will stock the diesel again. I haven’t grown diesel in years. I would definitely grow and breed with this blueberry again.

And to keep this post Doc.D related… I think his pack of Goji OG (Razz) x DE is the pack I’m popping next, anyone grow it out?

I bet that hybrid will be great.
goji makes really good hybrids. I had a raspberry goji x omg tester from bodhi that I grew for over two years because it smelled like vanilla ice cream, strawberry, and lime. It had the sweetest tasting smoke I’ve experienced so far.

12 Likes

I have some pictures somewhere of the HazMat I can dig up if you want. It felt like the Face Off muted the Chem terps. The high was just OK. Nice yield though.

I also grew out Polynesian Thin Mint from Archive, using the same Face Off OG dad and felt the same way about the high. It had typical cookie structure and really frosty buds, but the high was just meh. I attributed it to the cookies, but maybe the Face Off dad just doesn’t do it for me. I guess I’ll find out on the RudeBoi.

Wow, that sounds realllly good. I got some awesome Goji berry flavor on the Goji OG’s I grew that I’m missing, so definitely getting pumped to pop those seeds!

10 Likes

Might have to zoom a little but… Here we go!

23 Likes

That’s a lot of seeds haha. Pretty curious to see how that Temple/Lemon Thai turns out; the couple Temple crosses I’ve grown out have been excellent. What’s that Juicy Fruit Thai pack from Bodhi? I can’t make out what the dad is. Musta missed that drop, I woulda been all over any Juicy Fruit Thai cross.

11 Likes

That’s the line for the next round? Nice. I thought I was cracking a nice variety

7 Likes

Looks like juicy fruit Thai × snow Lotus

10 Likes