Doc D cannabis seeds

well i just wanted to share that i just scored
Dragonsoul x LT
Magic Bluegrass x LT
Ancient OG x LT.
that Doc ran out of because someone didnt pay that placed an order!!
I’m sorry if it was one of you OGers!!!

16 Likes

Love the color. Can I ask, how long do you think it should have flowered for? Longer than 10 weeks?

1 Like

Around 10 weeks. They were only 6 - 7 weeks when I chopped em. Still had mostly white hairs. @PlantShepherd

4 Likes

Dragonsoul has such good terps. My F2s were sweet pine syrup with an awesome floral note for both smell and taste. Relaxing stress melting semi sedated headspace that was excellent at the end of the day. The F2s were too sensitive, stretchy, and low producing for me to keep around. Same with the DS55 breeder cut. But damn it makes excellent breeding material. That’s a large reason for why I popped the Dragon Hammer. Hoping for Afpak improving on the structure/vigor/N tox issues while retaining moms terps and high.

A marker characteristic I found with DS crosses was it’s N sensitivity. F2 had it, DS55 had it, and I’ll bet the heavy DS55 leaners in hybrids will show it too.

Magic Bluegrass sounds amazing too. Actually everything sounds amazing. I can’t wait to see what everyone gets from their seed pops!

14 Likes

Doc D seems to really appreciate prompt payment. One time I scored stuff from him that was listed as out of stock simply because my payment arrived before orders that were placed ahead of mine. IIRC they were just advertised freebies though, so not quite as much of a score as yours.

9 Likes

Does anyone know what genetics are in SC Pure Haze?

1 Like

for sure man, and he is always super easy to deal with and quick on the reply to emails.
he actually held onto those beans for a month for that person before he let me pick them up from him.
i need to figure out when to pop them now!!!

19 Likes

i just trimmed up some purple unicorn and that bud structure is spot on.

12 Likes

Doc D is a legit good guy, with thousands in the bank of good karma. Always fair and square dealing. Salute! :partying_face:

15 Likes

Doc is one of the nicest people that I have ever talked to. A genuinely good person with a killer taste in cannabis. That combined with his work being some of the best in the community… Its always an easy choice when deciding what seeds to pop!

16 Likes

Where would one acquire some of DocD’s beans in the Great White North?

5 Likes

In a previous newsletter he said was getting a Canadian reseller, but i checked the link he gave again last week. Nothing there yet, hopefully that’ll change, so you cant right now.

Edit: here we go

9 Likes

Sweet! Thanks bro

1 Like

Only iffy pop rate was the Lemon Thai F5 on this new round. First time popping seeds in these rapid rooters. All seeds were soaked in shot glasses first. They really save space, but damn they are just not fun to keep moist. Damn things dry out in like 12 hours right now!

Ill update with a labeled photo tonight, not much time right now. I did find a triplet Goji Razz x Lemon Thai that is pictured above! Pretty cool. Ill be following that idividual to see if it is linked with any unique traits.

27 Likes

I too just tried these rapid rooters and have had the same experience as well, I keep the water a lot higher in my trays (I use the same trays, with the grodan insert too, same domes everything (great minds haha) I find keeping the water JUST below the RR’s and lids on barely open it keeps them hydrated longer, and once the roots touch liquid I no longer hydrate the cubes. I miss doing big hunts like yours, hopefully in the new year I can get back to at least 30-50 bean hunts.

6 Likes

Yeah, the one Lemon Thai f5 seed of mine that actually sprouted seems to have stalled out, along with one of Bodhi’s Imperial Majesty and one of meangene’s Skycuddler Kush f3. I dunno what’s up with that, because everything else is thriving. Just tossed the Imperial Majesty yesterday, gonna give the Lemon Thai another week or so before I decide if I’m gonna keep it around. Probably toss the Skycuddler pretty soon, too.

7 Likes

Have you grown the sky cuddler b4 ? That’s one strain I’m very intrigued by and would love to know more. Been on my radar since it originally dropped.

1 Like

I’ve been looking at this month’s email for a while thinking of picking up a couple of packs. I’m eyeing the Goji Raz x LT. I’m thinking of grabbing either one more strain off of the regular list or two off of the prerelease list. For me I require plants that are pretty manageable in a tent and at least reasonably forgiving, as I over and/or underwater and have a grow space that tends a bit towards the cooler side. What I look for in a chemovar are plants that facilitate a mindful headspace and don’t make me feel weighed down, too clumsy, or dopey. Anyone have suggestions?

6 Likes

Eyeing:
Ethiopian Flame
Velvet Buzzsaw
Banana Soap
Zang

Bandaid Haze x LT
Sour D x A5H/thai bx
I’m surely open to other ideas suggestions…

8 Likes

The Bandaid Haze x Lemon Thai might be the best one from that group you posted. And I’m only saying that because “manageable” was one of your requirements haha. I’m thinking the Lemon Thai may decrease the stretch and shorten flowering times, although you really can’t be certain. If you get a Bandaid Haze-dom plant, you could be fucked haha.

Somebody posted pics of their Velvet Buzzsaw on this thread, way up at the top. If I remember correctly, I think they said she took like 90-95 days? I could be wrong about that, but if longer flowering times are a concern, you know… I don’t know about those others you posted.

@TopShelfTrees1 I have not grown the Skycuddler f3 before, but I’m EXTREMELY unimpressed with them so far. I got 6/6 germ rates on the Bandaid Hazes I planted at the same time, 4/4 on the Soars, 3/4 on the Imperial Majesty and 3/4 on Doc’s C. Gold/Dragon Energy cross. Only got 3/6 on those Skycuddlers. And one of those three has completely stalled out. The two that remain have insanely wide internodes at day 41 of veg and very weak meristems, as well. I can tell that flopping is gonna be a big issue, staking’s gonna be necessary and the distance between the internodes is gonna be a problem, too. There’s like a two-inch gap between the third and forth internode right now, which is ridiculous. I mean, I dunno, maybe they’ll straighten out and turn out amazing. But for right now, I’m a little irritated with them haha, especially considering that those seeds are selling for $300 a pack at Speakeasy. I got them on sale for $150, which is still a lot to pay. $300 is insane.

9 Likes