Doc D cannabis seeds

I actually chopped everything on day 77, found a few aphids on some of the plants the night before and that was that. Honestly, though, everything but that one Bandaid Haze looked pretty much done, which surprised me. They maybe coulda gone another 5-7 days, but I don’t think the “early” chop is gonna affect them too much. Hung them for thirteen days and started trimming last Tuesday morning, finally finished Thursday afternoon haha. Those two Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy plants took all day Wednesday, 10:30am until 11pm, minus a 30 minute errand I ran (had to go buy more mason jars :joy::joy:) and smoke/meal breaks. And I skipped dinner Wednesday, too, just to get those C. Gold plants finished…

I figured it’d take a while to trim everything, but I didn’t think it’d take two-and-a-half fucking days haha. I’ll post the last round of pics I took, day 74, tomorrow morning.

Do it soon, dude. Pretty sure June is the last monthly email.

18 Likes

What have people thought of the Ethiopian Banana crosses? I have seen that it is a 1:1 CBD:THC cut that he’s using, but I thought that @advancedbuffalo mentioned that it’s pretty psychoactive. What kinds of expressions have people found in the crosses?

8 Likes

Its nice smoke. The high on the most banana smelling pheno was very light and bright. It was a really nice mood enhancer without the heaviness of a super strong high. There is definitely banana to it, afpak brought a nice scent to it as well. Banana didnt translate to taste but it can end up in your sinuses if the smell is strong enough. I feel like the Ethiopian Flame will bring a little more complexity than the Bananastan, which is what I seem to prefer in flower right now. Bananastan was an excellent plant to grow, smelled awesome, smoked nice and smooth, yielded well, and was generally just an awesome cross.

I wont be keeping any of the bananastans, only because I have room for 2 more moms and one Ethiopian Flame is looking reaaallly nice.

Temple x Lemon Thai is easily the best Temple cross I have run, and is the best of the Lemon Thai crosses that I have run. Every plant is loud. Can smell the sealed room from outside lol.

18 Likes

My only pheno has a ripe banana sour thing going on.
Opens up the nasal passages as mentioned before.
I’ll be doing an official smoke report this week but the high is very clear and puts me in a great mood.
I wish I had access to testing to see if it passed on the 1:1

11 Likes

Alright, @SkunkHunt101, here are those Bandaid Hazes and the Colombian Gold x Dragon Energies, day 74 of flower, three days before I chopped:

BAH #1:

BAH #3 (this was the one that looked like she needed at least another month):

The bottom two-thirds of her actually looked pretty finished; it was only the top third of her that looked like it was gonna take forever. Which is unfortunate, because that’s where those huge colas were haha.

BAH#4:

You can see in a couple of those closeups that the #4 had some pretty alien-looking flowers.

Here’s the BAH #6, which was my favorite of the four while growing:

So yeah, there weren’t too many white pistils or anything on them when I chopped, with the exception of that #3 plant. I would’ve liked to have let them go until day 84 or 85, but like I said, I don’t think the smoke will be too affected by a slightly early chop. I didn’t weigh all of them before I got them in jars, but I did weigh the #4 and the #6. #4 yielded 76.8 grams, not including larf and the three or four grams I always put in my tiny mason jars (I always put a few grams in these little mason jars I have so I can start sampling before the flowers have properly cured, that way I’m not cracking jars of the proper nugs before they’re ready). The #6 plant yielded 68.6 grams, minus the larf and the few grams I put in the tiny jar. Soooo, not the greatest of yields, but not the worst, either.

Anyway, here’s a side-by-side of the two Colombian Gold x DE on day 24 of flower, just so people have an idea of the range in sizes you can get from those seeds:

The #1 plant is on the left; that #2 plant kept stretching for a while after I took that pic, too, not positive when exactly she stopped stretching.

Here’s the #1 on day 74:

She turned out reeeealllyyyy frosty once she was ready to get trimmed and jarred, can’t really see it in those pics. Flowers look super-impressive. I’m pretty sure she took after the Dragon Energy dad, because she smelled extra-fuely both during and after the grow. Something about the way her nugs look reminded me of OG’s, too, while I was trimming her, although I’m not sure what exactly it was that made me think that. She doesn’t have the teardrop-shaped calyxes or anything, but there’s something “OG-ish” about her.

Here’s the C. Gold x DE #2, day 74:

And here she is on day 77 after I’d untied her from the stakes, right before I chopped her:

Haha, she was pretty big, for sure.

Closeups of the #2 on day 74:

She was easily the most annoying plant this grow, just because she got so huge and branched out all over the place, but I’m most excited to try her out. I think she’s gonna end up being pretty special. She also smelled really, really good while I was trimming her, but completely different from the #1. Very complex. I was getting hints of tropical fruit, tobacco, a lot of anise, too, which surprised me. I’m curious to see where she ends up after sitting in jars for a month or two.

I weighed both of the C. Gold crosses, #1 turned out 90.5 grams and the #2 turned out 92.1 grams, minus the larf and the weed I put in the tiny mason jars. Ended up being almost identical yields from two wildly different plants.

So, yeah, I’m probably gonna wait about a month before I start doing proper research haha, I wanna give them a decent cure before I really start checking them out. But I’ll definitely be getting into the tiny mason jars before that…

39 Likes

Wow they all look great, but that last one has a look to it… Looks special for sure.

14 Likes

Nice job and decent yields 3 to 4 oz’s a plant nothing wrong with that .

9 Likes

Yeah, she definitely had a look to her, super-glad I still have two-and-a-half packs left. Probably gonna blaze a j from the “tiny mason jar stash” later today haha, I’m eager to check her out.

More like 2.5-3.5 ounces, but yeah, I’ll take it haha.

13 Likes

So the plants haven’t really been as pungent through the drying process as I had hoped. I had been chopping some nugs, sniffing, and was really confused because they smelled amazing in flower! Turns out my allergies were really bad (have a cat, refuse to give up the cat even though I have horrible allergies lol), and the fluticasone I was taking every morning was… Empty lmao.

Happy to report that everything smells and tastes great again after grabbing a new bottle! Pheno 5 of my Goji Razz x Lemon Thai is a standout right now. Not the strongest high of the bunch, but it gets me to a really comfortable point. The real standout trait is a literal fucking raspberry sinus and mouth coat. It doesnt taste like raspberries, but a raspberry smell and sinus “feel” happens after the exhale. Like that tart berry cheek puckering sort of taste and mouth feel you get when you eat fresh raspberries. Its absolutely amazing lol. Its a little delayed so after the exhale I was like… “nice that was smooth”, then the razz notes hit the upper sinuses and my damn jaw dropped. I loaded the vaporizer up for a second round just to make sure I wasn’t high and making things up. Happened again, but flavor was even stronger!

There was no indication of this during flower, so… Dont select your keepers based on terps during flower! We will see if this effect degrades or gets stronger after sitting in a jar. Knowing Bodhi and his preference of selecting genetics that cure well, I have high hopes.

21 Likes

Replying to my last post so you can see the plants I’m talking about.

Bandaid haze 7 x beastie boy smokes fantastic. All the phenos I’ve smoked so far have varying degrees of an almost sweet floral musk and a little must (some of the more musty ones seem to go another week or two so I haven’t smoked them all yet). I smoked #13 (see last post) in the morning before skiing and it’s great potent smoke but it had me questioning myself definitely lowered my confidence level to start the day. This one leans a little to the sweet floral side of the spectrum in a way that reminds me of lotion. I would call it a good taste but by no means a terp oriented plant. Above all this was a fantastic plant with some real potent flower that created a pleasant head floating effect. It doesn’t make you stupid but i wouldn’t recommend operating heavy equipment or some shit on this stuff haha. Also a more instant effect than I’m used to with a lot of sativas where I’ve almost come to expect a creeper type come on.
#12 this one is definitely on the sweet floral side of the spectrum even to the point of having a grape/purple/lavender type smell to the resin. That taste is not so apparent yet but too early to tell. Makes me really talkative
#20 is heaviest on the musty basement side of the spectrum but smooth smoke. I don’t have the most accurate smoke report on this one but when I was trimming plants and smoking haze all day, I smoked this one last and it cut through all the other stuff. Felt like a cup of coffee and mushroom afterglow. Will edit or reply to this post later today if there’s anything more to say about this one but I like it a lot.
I wish I had more cuttings of these plants but I didn’t think I would like them so much. Glad I got #20 and pollen from my two favorite males. #12 still hasn’t rooted yet but is showing new growth.
Edit to add pics. First one is #12 trimmed up. Only a few seeds on this plant by the looks of it. Really hope my cutting manages to root and reveg. So far so good.

Next pic is #20. Love the resin producing and shape of these nugs.

28 Likes

I meant to update on the lemon Thai f5 also. So these have been in 8oz cups starting maybe late November (popped a pack like 2 weeks after the drop, whenever that was. Maybe December) up until last week. This was the beginning of some cold and dry weather and all but 3 of them dropped dead after a weak. I didn’t realize it was my carelessness initially but after refusing to dial in my environment and popping a shit ton of seeds this winter from my chucking to no avail (first time germinating seeds in the winter for me) it was definitely my error.
Anyway more lemon Thai where those came from. The three survivors are both female, and 2 of them are trifoliates like the pic below.

Really tangy stem rubs, something about it reminds me of sweet tarts. These had no problem being rootbound in 8oz cups for however long they were in there for. Definitely several months but I don’t remember the release date. If these smoke good I’ll hold onto them at least until I can pop my other packs and do an f6 OP. Love a plant that manages to thrive on my neglect.

25 Likes

Usually if they survive torture and neglect they turn out to be strong plants .

10 Likes

Looks awesome, great work! You are brave for trying a brand new pheno before skiing! Id be afraid that id probably crash into a tree lol.

Most people (IME) seem to really connect with those musty hazy profiles, they always seem to have that uplifted clear headed focused high. After all this hunting, bandaid haze is still my go-to for anything before 5pm. Its the type of smoke that reminds you what effects a truly special plant can bring.

Heres hoping your clones root, and your lemon thai turn out awesome. Tangy stem rubs are an awesome sign!

18 Likes

Honestly one of my favorite things about this run is that I’m not dying to smoke another one immediately. It’s just enough instant gratification to keep you content but not so much that you keep chasing it. It’s also becoming clear to me that these hazes I’m sampling right now, BH7 x beastie boy phenos plus tres haze, don’t stop me from dreaming which is nice. I normally have to quit smoking for those.
Might have to pop my Cuban black x a5/Thai bx sooner than I expected!

16 Likes

Hello everyone. I have a question about the Cuban Black Haze x A5/Thai Bx seeds. Should I be able to find bandaid haze phenos?

3 Likes

Anyone’s guess. I feel like it could maybe turn out to be like a bandaid haze f1 v2 ??

4 Likes

Yeah, considering the genetics are the same, it seems like you could find a BAH-type plant from the CBH/A5Thai cross. However, if someone was interested in finding a BAH pheno, it seems to me like the easiest way to go about that would be to, uh, plant some Bandaid Haze seeds.

Just as an aside, I blazed some of my Bandaid Haze #6 for the first time yesterday, only ten days in jars, not cured properly yet, but it’s already on my Favorite Strains of All Time list. Just an amazing, amazing high. I can’t wait to try it out in three weeks or so, after a proper cure… Bodhi’s recommendation that it be called Bandaid Haze because it “heals all wounds” is so appropriate. I’ve felt refreshed and positive and just great, a full day after smoking half a joint, all day today. Kinda like how I would feel the day after eating good Ecstasy. Really good weed. Can’t wait to try out the others.

27 Likes

I planted five of Doc’s Ancient OG x AfPak seeds a while back, flowered them in my little 3x3. I figured I’d get at least two females, so I didn’t top them, just because I didn’t want it to get too crowded in the small tent. Ended up with only one female, which, if I’d have known was gonna happen, I absolutely woulda topped her. This is a cross that seems like it’d really benefit from topping.

Here she is on day 54, six days ago:

I’m pretty sure she was a hard-core AfPak leaner. Barely stretched at all, minimal branching, pretty muted smells… Anyway, I went to water her last night and noticed what I thought was the beginning of a powdery mildew infection (never had PM before, so I’m not positive, but I’m like 90% certain that’s what it was), so I chopped her, day 60. That was sliiiiiightly earlier than I wanted to chop, kinda wanted to wait until day 68-70, but I don’t think the smoke will be affected too, too much.

Anyway, when I saw the PM, I removed every single leaf that looked like it might have some on them, which isn’t something I normally do; usually I just hang the plants whole, but whatever. Here she is last night, after removing all those leaves:

I’m not super-surprised I got PM (although I am a little surprised), just because of that, like, clump of flowers directly below the cola that were totally covered by those massive fan leaves. I had really good air movement in the tent, that one plant had a whole oscillating tower fan to herself, but I guess it wasn’t enough. I dunno.

Anyway, here are some closeups:

She definitely turned out super-frosty. Still doesn’t smell like much, though, unless I do a little nug-squeeze.

So from the quick, like, twenty minutes of reading about PM I did after I chopped last night, it won’t spread once the plant is dead, so I shouldn’t need to worry about those flowers getting infected. I think. If anybody knows differently, please let me know. I don’t wanna be blazing any fucking mildew flowers haha.

29 Likes

if you break them down into smaller branches then hang em, they’ll dry slightly quicker which will reduce the chance pm grows on the little sugar leaves in the drying process

8 Likes

Ah, okay, good idea, thanks. Like I said, I always just hang the plants whole, but I’m gonna get in there and break it up now.

4 Likes