Does anyone know what the hell this is?

This is one of my autos. This started one feeding when I noticed a couple of random yellow spots on leaves. The next day the entire plant is affected. I didn’t see actual bugs with my loupe, just the spots that go through the leaf to the other side. She has 4 tentmates that aren’t affected. WTF?

:cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

I am no expert, but it looks like it could be mag deficient…

2 Likes

Could be a lot of things even bugs biting and sucking the life out of your plant.
I’d be grabbing a mag glass and looking at the underneath sides of your plant, first thing.

5 Likes

I have also noticed that mites and or bugs gravitate to your better plants first.

2 Likes

I don’t see actual bugs with my loupe or bug shit. The yellow spots go through to the underside of the leaves. The other plants in the tent are not affected. They are late in flower so I’m gonna chop her immediately and watch the others. It’s very weirdly. Never seen it before. Thanks bro

4 Likes

Fungus gnats and mites bites all look like that also

2 Likes

3 Likes

I dunno man, being venial in nature I suspect root zone as a cause and a lockout due to pH or water

Just my $0.02 CAD. I dont think its bugs, and I dont think you need to chop early in the absence of bugs. But please take my advise with a grain of salt, I LITFA a little too much. Bugs usually eat anything except for veins first.

How are the roots looking? Any chance that the rootball is preventing drainage/oxygenation?

4 Likes

That sounds reasonable. What would I be looking for when inspecting the roots and how do I get a look at them when the plant is growing? Thanks. I appreciate your time.

3 Likes

If you’re looking towards the roots anything that moves is suspect, can be a whole host of things.

3 Likes

Ahhh ok. It doesn’t appear to be bugs to me either. It seems to be isolated to only this plant. I’m thinking I could have made an effort to fix it but I was worried about her tentmates. A learning experience I suppose.

Sometimes a good whippin’ with oleskool’s Big Red Book of Aquired Knowledge is the only answer.

1 Like

When the plant is bone dry, beginning to droop, would the rootball/soil mass come away from the edges of the pot cleanly? They usually do.

You are in soil, right? What is it made out of, and how long has that dirt been in use? Peat-based soils will decompose over time and significantly lower the root zone PH, at the same time compacring and reducing aeration, thus making them harder to flush in case of problems.

If you can, quarantine (if suspect for bugs) dry her out, and inspect roots. Should not have any slimy brown patches or waterlogged pockets, or nasty smells.

1 Like

Brother, I think you nailed it. I’m in Happy Frog. With the Texas Heat the medium gets very dry even with feed or plain water every single day. I do reuse my happy frog occasionally after running some enzymes through it. I’ve switched to coco now so hopefully no more of this kinda shit! Thanks for this learning opportunity. All love…

3 Likes

Oh you had to mention the smells didn’t ya :nauseated_face:

Remember having root rot it smells like rotten eggs it’s horrible.

4 Likes

I’m happy to present the oleskool Wonder Warthog Award for excellence to @HappyHemper.

5 Likes

Thanks @oleskool830! May your crop be bountiful and your buds tasty :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So , what was the official diagnoses , Happy Frog Rot?
LOL

3 Likes

Yep. Root disease from some lazy, stoned, shitkickin’ hippie reusing his Happy Frog. You guessed it @STIGGY. Fock the Frog! I’m in coco now.

5 Likes

Well someone has to bust em a bit Old Man LOL

3 Likes

4 Likes