DrGonzos No More Nonsense, just Growing

First, let me say, I see a lot of very good and logical discussion here. From people I know as well as from those I’m not too familiar with. I appreciate all the members interest and thoughts. However, the fact remains that LJ and me are out goodly sums of money.
LJ reopened his account to give him the time needed for this to get straightened up, and let him redeem himself. I’m all for it, if he does return our funds. I’m always an optimist, even knowing the bad side of human nature. I believe most folks are/can be, decent and fair. Especially if you treat them that way.
If he does return the monies, well then, I’ll step up and apologize. If not, lesson learned, and he need not bother coming around me. If he doesn’t do right, I don’t see LJ letting him stay, so not really worried about seeing him on the boards anywhere. His antics created havoc with our finances. I held a Flash Sale, which eased the burden, but the wound is there still. I posted about this incident to warn others about him. He’s done a lot of harm since coming to OG. And TBH, I don’t expect to see the money, but i agree with LJ’s decision. It’s fair, to give him the time needed, but restrict his actions until we know for sure.
THEN break out the noose, if he doesn’t do the right thing.

14 Likes

It’s just a sad state of affairs when you see all this over a pile of fncking seeds. Incredible!

16 Likes

Really?

This guy went and disputed FOUR separate transactions MONTHS apart no?

That’s not a “mistake”, that’s planned.

Then he dings Joe. How close in time was that to when he did it to you?

IMO, letting him back if he returns what he stole just gives him license to steal even more if he finds a bigger fish now that he knows how to play PAYPAL.

8 Likes

He hit LJ and me at the same time cuz

It might slow down or even stop some transactions. but I’m seriously considering not using PP anymore.

6 Likes

I wonder if he hit any other OG vendors or members who accept PAYPAL?

None other has come forward with anything. So probably not

1 Like

Has anyone reached out to them? @LemonadeJoe ?

Just thinking out loud, but if I was to do something like that knowing Id get banned id try to hit every seed, nute and hardware vendor all at once.

2 Likes

It’s not costing me anything to wait and see cuz. Any damage is already done, so no risk. Only ‘upsides’ here. he returns the money, if not, well then LJ banns him for life, and we get on with all of our respective lives. Knowing there’s always shady characters that are going to try playing folks. Everything here is pretty much done on the honor system, and we all must just go with our gut feelings in any transaction.
I admit to trepidation when I dealt with him, but I knew the risk going in…

lol well maybe he’s not as smart os you! Or it coulda just been spur of the moment decision.

2 Likes

He was smart enough to dispute multpile transactions going back months with both of you. To me that indicates planning.

It could be none of the other vendors are aware of this thread and the scam it outlines.

I think the idea you two are the only OG vendor victims might be a wrong and naive assumption.

3 Likes

Or it could have been to bank that pulled them all because of being hacked or acct info stolen. Just saying could be.

2 Likes

What you say may well be very true cuz. I said I doubt the money will be returned. But I also understand LJs position, and agree. To just ban him outright, would only serve to never see the monies ever again. No more damage can be done to us by him. LJ has him restricted to only answering me or him, and we’ll continue to keep him at arms length until proper time has passed, to see if things get resolved. If not, then ban…

2 Likes

My thinking is you got hosed. Such is life. Freebies only I guess 🫣

Here is what I don’t understand………

Disputing these transactions if his info was stolen would only be transactions that are very recent not going back to before the card/info was stolen. A bank would know this…….

5 Likes

I tend to lean towards agreeing with that cuz. lol Such IS life… ‘freebies only’ though? I need the seed sales to supplement our meager retired income, which don’t cover all our bills, what with all the medical issues going on with the wife and myself.
The seed sales is our only income, now in this stage of our life. to not sell would put more hardship & burden on us.

9 Likes

Ah yes that makes sense. I try to keep money out of it but I hear what you’re saying.

1 Like

Why shut the barn door now? The horse has already gotten out. lol Leave the door open, though, and that ‘horse’ might make it back into the barn.
Just saying…

But lol with that said, I don’t look for it to happen, really.

12 Likes

Absolutely. So a scammer would likely flag a recent transaction with a specific vendor (say JPS or OG) and claim it was fraudulent, and then use that as the basis for making claims against earlier transactions with those same vendors.

Still should be limited to the legal 60 day or the most common 120 day time period allowed by card issuers. I got the impression some of these transactions were older, which is confusing to me.

2 Likes

That can probably be attributed to my sloppy wording. Looking back at everything, I can see there is the last 4 transactions disputed, made with me, by him. I did say I have all the DMs saved of our correspondence over the last year. The disputed transactions span only a couple months though.

3 Likes

But that doesn’t jive with stolen information/card. That would be a dispute started by the user of PayPal.

1 Like

Regardless of all the ‘pros’ n ‘cons’ here. I still stand with LJ’s decision to ‘wait and see’. Mainly because, since the damage is already done, where’s the harm in a bit more time to see if it gets straightened out?
If not, he can still be banned for life! Not to mention, he can’t communicate (on here, at least) with any more vendors, or make trades with any other members.

2 Likes