Dubbin' Around with mainerJ

Well hell yeah! Doing good, making veggies and coffee at 10:30 at night lol. How’s your night going?

4 Likes

I’m out :heart::heart::heart: for 11 hours :disappointed:. It’s devastating.

I really need to grow some strawberries, those look amazing.

Pup says she’ll test your meat selection out , make sure you get the best pieces :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

i though she said more of mainerJ’s jerky?

doing great thanks for asking.

3 Likes

Awesome! Also when you make fruit for the year you freeze dry any of it?

2 Likes

She did for sure!!

2 Likes

Nice looking strawberries!

3 Likes

Wow! Those strawberries!
You don’t see those in the grocery :unamused:

3 Likes

Have not seen them anywhere like that for years something about the solar eclipse effect i will take it. Hope you are well and enjoying your grow

3 Likes

I am. Lots going on.
Nice to see you around again.

3 Likes

Good morning everyone! Hope yall are having a great day so far! Those strawberries look delicious @mainerJ! Holy moly! Good job mate!

4 Likes

Mind if I drop by now and then? :slight_smile:
Love the strawberry’s! I am sort of addicted to them myself. lol

5 Likes

of course not, thanks for stopping by, you are most welcome anytime…

it is raining today, but we are thinking what the hell lets pick strawberries in the rain. they are just unbelievable in size and sweetness. we want to get as many as possible and freeze them up. have not been this good for years.

i flash freeze them spread out on a cookie sheet covered with parchment or wax paper to keep the frozen berries from sticking. for what ever reason they flash freeze this way and keep so much better this way. when you thaw them they are not all mushy from the freeze. something to do with no ice crystals forming inside the strawberries. who knew? not me. gave flash freezing a try it works great. you can chaw on a frozen berry and it is like a cold hard candy as you chaw in down. :grin:

have a great day everyone!

10 Likes

Those strawberries look good! I planned on expanding my strawberry patch this summer but it didn’t happen. Only six plants this year so once they start throwing Runners I’ll put each one in a buried cup so I can transplant them easily for a bumper crop next summer I hope. We were just offered a whole entire crate of strawberries after just being given four flats for free from a friend that knew a forklift operator at a warehouse where some strawberries were damaged. Pretty crazy but if they dent just a small Corner they throw out the whole entire pallet. We were given 48 quarts and my wife made about 7 gallons of jam​:yum::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:. We had to turn down the pallet . Too much work to process all that and it’s too hot out to keep them from going bad before we could do it . The jam is not going to taste quite as good as yours, but I’ll be in Jam heaven nonetheless. Growing your own produce is the best!
Good tip about the flash freezing! We were just discussing mushy berries the other day. Nice fix😁

10 Likes

You lucky dog! I’m jelly lmfao

4 Likes

such a score of berries! the flash freeze was very impressive results. no where near as mushy as when you throw them into a bag and freeze. said it take 6 hrs for them to freeze. i just left them in overnight and bagged the following day. will be doing this going forward for sure.

i am also “berry berry jelly” too. :stuck_out_tongue: 7gals woah a!

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure I can get to @Upstate quick :rofl::rofl::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

4 Likes

@mainerJ a gsd male

Out of all the gsd all males :flushed:

9 Likes

collect the gsd male pollen you like. :wink: got some recess cut gsd crosses that will go good with that. almost sounds like a trade maybe?

kinda of strange? lots of people had lots of males lately :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :slightly_frowning_face:

if you need a stud it could be a good thing. :grin:

4 Likes

:point_right:@LoveDaAutos got the angola red in the mail. :seedling:

5 Likes

Watching this one now bro :sunglasses:, & all caught up! :ok_hand::+1::facepunch::wink::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

IMG_4734 tenor-7

3 Likes