Dungeons and Dab-rigs: Table Top RPG, Board Games, and more

I’m a lazy bones. D&D night is tonight- I’ll try to remember to take some photos. I have hundreds and hundreds of minis stuffed into small bookshelves. They’re stacked on top of each other and just plain messy. I’ll try to find time to get them presentable.

Off to get snacks and finish mt game prep. Have a nice night everyone!

4 Likes

OMG YASSSSS!!!

The MOST INTENSE GAMING SYSTEM I’VE EVER PLAYED:

It’s all about balancing a character, you have an awesome power, well there’s gonna be something bad.

:rofl:

For example I played a Psyionic duelist that won a duel with an equally powerful psyonic. The other character died but mine survived… as a brain floating in a jar on a hoverpad with 1x eyeball that swam around like a sperm.

I have 360 degree vision, talked into peoples heads, floated around and had a mechanical finger (like R2D2) to push buttons. I could kill anyone’s brain really fast but you hit me once I’m dead… if you get that close… cause my character no longer needed to sleep as he shut down 1/2 a lobe a time to rest, and I just got minus’ to my rolls when i needed to “sleep”.

It only uses 6 sided die and though the book was massive 5/6ths of it was examples of what you can do with the instructions being only 1/6! It was also printed on the thinest paper we’ve ever seen in a gaming book so we had a rule: NO POT WHEN USING THE BOOK.

Great times, splattered a lot of heads :rofl: :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I always wanted to try table top dnd, grew up on the computer versions, my friends were too drunk or dumb when I was younger, always looked like a lot of fun…
I’m down af if u ever bust out the old gear @Coffin_Dodger

5 Likes

Played alot of Heroquest as a kid,
Graduated tothe real thing but i like the simplicity of HQ. I got the HQ remakes that came out a couple of years ago, but they havent been opened yet…lol

Im on a fresh campaign like session 4 or so,
Running as a Tortle monk named Bodhi , lolol :seedling:

DND Beyond is VERY convienient

Also watched a bunch of Wil Wheatons Tabletop, and thoroughly enjoyed his Titans grave series

Currently watching the Oxventure campaings on YT

5 Likes

Oof! Got some 4th edition in there, too! That was a hell of a time. I skipped over that one through the years, but grabbed some source books for it for inspiration and rewrites later on, during the big 5e campaign I ran. Damned if combat didn’t seem like a wall of math for that one.
Nice bit of kit you got there! Best of luck with your monk! What subclass are you going with?

@hooddirt - that’s one thing about gaming, for sure, everyone at the table being on about the same level of interest or “buy in” of the time and energy to sit and play pretend together. Hahaha. Life definitely gets in the way sometimes. … Like now. I should be getting ready to head into the grind.
Hope everyone else had a great week, and maybe even managed to get some solid gaming in.

Stay up
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost: :raccoon:

4 Likes

I have a subscription to roll20 could run a campaign.

6 Likes

Did a lot of character creation seshes and maybe played a single actual game of it, we always lost steam lol.

I think we got too hung up on knowing every rule for min maxing and stuff and loat sight if the actual fun. Plus no one wanted to dm lol

5 Likes

@coffin_dodger
Hmm… Well this is my first monk PC, and usually ill go with how the story/charactors vibe is to thematically keep it consistant.

Im not trying to make a TMNT charactor but the way of shadow is what i have my eye on to basically teleport around and go invisible. :martial_arts_uniform:

But… I love avatar The last airbender, so the way of 4elements is tickling my soul in the best way…:leaves: :sun_with_face: :volcano: :ocean:

But if Bodhi finds a big keg of some really great meade or sake perhaps Way of the drunken master Haha​:beer: :tropical_drink:

Not usually one to min/max, ill let the story guide his evolution.
:turtle:

Grow easy
-JAYY

3 Likes

I sorta played. I ran across a bag with tons of dice, turns out there’s quite the collectors market. Looking at dice influenced the algorithm and I watched some live play on youtube. Seemed fun. I motivated some of the fam.

I spent a few hours familiarizing myself with the campaign from the 5e starter set and bought a dry erase board. Emailed pdfs of the players handbook around. (Shout out the Trove) We had a session 0 and created some characters. Everyone got pretty overwhelmed, I realized I was going to do a lot of hand holding, which was fine, but they clearly weren’t as interested as me and I wasn’t too interested in motivating them.

Session one went ok. Their first ambush pitted the 3 of them against two goblins and a dead horse. After several unfortunate rolls and a few bad choices, they end up eaten by an owlbear. I Newhart them back to site of the ambush, the session ends with them scoping out a goblin camp and making plans to retrieve their stuff. It was fun but the next session ended up getting put off until mostly forgotten.

4 Likes

Bad timing prevented me from getting to play any of these awesome games when I was younger, thank you for that roll20 link. Instantly jumped over there and created an account.

3 Likes

Hasbro and WotC are ruining everything that made DnD great. I will never give them another dollar of my money. I dont play much at all anymore, just mainly listen to Not Another DND podcast to get my dnd fix.

3 Likes

Sounds like how I play, @JAYY_2the_R-O_WHAh . And like you’ve got plenty of good flexibility towards it.

We got some character generation in last week for another one on one. Hoping to set it at a game a month so we don’t get stressed about it at all. I’ll be playing a goblin druid stowed away on a ship of much renown on the Thunder Seas of Eberron.
How did I know this place would have plenty of folks that tend to play monks and druids? Hahaha.

@Hidden - I’ve heard a lot about that adventure, as it can spring oard into the larger campaign I ran, Tyranny of Dragons. That things had some major issues being mostly prewritten for 5e and not well edited afterward. The Phandelver bits seemed better play tested and revised for sure.

@JerBear : roll20 is great. We used it quite a bit in the height of the pand mic, and even last week, just being able to instantly search all those rules books. Makes it a lot more streamlined in a lot of ways, and looks well updated since the last we got on there a year or so before

@OrganicallyChalenged - sure seemed that way a year ago. I haven’t kept that close an eye on it since the big blowout with the SRD and licence bullshit. I havent had the best feels for WOTC since they introduced ultra rares to Magic the Gathering. Never got into NADD, but Murphy and Emily are hilarious. Might have to check it out

Stay up
Ciffin_Dodger
:ghost: :raccoon:

4 Likes

Naddpod is hilarious. The first season they knocked it out of the park and it’s only gotten better. The Dungeon courts They do on the Pateron are also hilarious.

2 Likes

I love dungeon court! Blasting granny was the best

1 Like

I was not prepared for the complexity of even making a 1st character, let alone deciding between DnD or Pathfinder. Figured I’d cruise in, make a character and attempt a solo adventure to learn this. I’m hardheaded so it’s going to take a couple cups of coffee and multiple ytube videos to figure this stuff out lol

4 Likes

If you have any questions at all, @JerBear give me a holler. I’d go with D&D 5e for ease of use, also my preference :rofl: . Creating characters step by step videos should be pretty helpful. Be careful, though- once this hobby gets under your skin, it’s hard to shake. There’s honestly nothing like it when everything lines up. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I looked in the old vault and dug out a few beginner resources.
Here’s a GDrive link to my beginner folder-Player’s Handbook is in there but I’d read the other books first. :clinking_glasses:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-muG02rTCRdSM3uY7ojiolxyQN1SLezr?usp=drive_link

edit: Also added Solo Gamebooks. I’ve never played, so your mileage may vary.

4 Likes

I think D&D gave me more of the character customization I was looking for anyway. Managed to dumb my way through creating my druid and now to figure out how to play a solo adventure. Thank you for those resources.

3 Likes

We should bug @Gadarien to run a game for us. :thinking: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m as dumb as the day is long at this, so I wouldn’t wish that dubious honor on anybody! lol

3 Likes