DWC Cropking Blue Cookies

Well I suppose, the light could be too close. Also when I did it like that, I would make sure the rock wool touched the water surface. The humidity should be closer to 40% as well. My light is 90cm away from the seedlings.

2 Likes

Hey, I really appreciate the trouble shooting Joe. Thank you.

My light is 5 feet up. I have the rockwool cubes about half in the water.

wheeeelp, I suppose if itā€™s EC 1.0, ph 5.5-6.0, light is really far away, roots are in solutionā€¦ weā€™ll see what happens? Hows the water temps are they 18C-20C?

1 Like

E.c is a .9 but close enough l think. Water is a little warmer sitting at 21C.

Iā€™ve adjusted the humidity down a bit as well got it sitting around 45 right now.

Is it possible to have the water too high maybe? Half way up the cube it could be above the roots and damaging the stalk? I have no idea what Iā€™m talking about here, just trying to nitpick things and figure out whats going onā€¦

usually when that happens the seedling falls over when then stalk gets really thin. Have you seen any root action yet from the bottom of the net pot?

1 Like

No nothing at the bottom of the nets yet. Iā€™m honestly thinking of digging out the rocks to have a look at whats happening at the bottom of the rockwool. If there hasnā€™t been growth since transplanting something went real wrong and I have no idea what =/

Ok dug one up and thereā€™s been virtually no root growth at all from when they went in the water 48 hrs ago. Ive put two more seeds in a cup to germinate. Ill try again when these pop.

It must have been the low nutes for the first 24hrs? I really have no idea but Iā€™ll correct that this time and try againā€¦ maybe ill add an extra airstone each to the buckets as most people recommend 2.

Roll them bubbles brothaā€¦ need that air!

1 Like

Both seeds popped after 18 hrs in water and then another day or so in the paper towel.

Debating whether or not to plant them into the small hole of the rockwool with a shorter taproot. Or what I did last time, letting taproot grow a good inch and cutting the side of the rockwool open to plantā€¦

Seeds went into pre soaked rockwool last night. Ended up cutting the rockwool down the side and placing seed.

Put an elastic around the rockwool to hold them closed a bit better this time.

Into the humidity dome they go. Should see some nice sprouts tomorrow I hope.

Well that didnā€™t take long!

Few more days in the dome and weā€™ll try the buckets again.

1 Like

Added two more air stones and a 2nd pump to the buckets.
Moved seedlings from dome to buckets yesterday.

24 hrs in the buckets. Still growing and looking good. Hopefully they take off this time!

Ph 5.5ish
Ppm 350

1 Like

6 days in the buckets and so far so good I thinkā€¦ they still growing anyways. Might bump up the nutes tomorrow as they could be looking a little darker green I think.

Tent Temp: 23c
Water temp: 21c
Humidity: 50 %
EC: 1.0

1 Like

Theyā€™re doing their thing for sure. Have you analyzed failure on the first round and figured it out? I mean, what went wrong?

@JoeCrowe

Iā€™m thinking they died or got damaged in the rockwool before I put them into the buckets. Not sure why thoughā€¦

On this attempt, I repeated the same steps as the first tryā€¦ i put the germinated seeds into rockwool and for the first 24 hours, or so growth was constant and fairly rapid, but then seemed to stop, with little change for the next 12 hrs. After that period with little to no growth, I figured this is where i must have went wrong the first time. So I immediately moved the rockwool from the humidity dome to the buckets and after 12 hours growth resumed.

The two things I changed from my first attempt:

• after cutting the rockwool open and placing the germinated seed, i placed an elastic band around the split cube to seal it back up better.

• only leaving the seeded rockwool in the dome for just over 24hrs instead of 48+ like last time.

Times arenā€™t exact. I gotta do a better job with my time stamps in the journal lol

Something going wrong with this girl. The other one doing great but herā€¦not so much =/

2 Likes

could be nutrient overdose, Iā€™d dilute the solution by 1/3 and see what happens.

1 Like

Ya. I was thinking that but wasnā€™t sure because my EC is 1.0. Then the pic you posted of younger seedlings at EC 1.2 and they looked greatā€¦I guess there are other factors that affect nutrient uptake thoughā€¦will dilute water tomorrow and hope for the best. Thanks again Joe.

Iā€™m running fairly high ph in veg, probably 6.5. The seedlings are at EC 1.8 now, but they are also on their 3rd node of growth. The conditions a plant can take seem to be genetic to me.

1 Like