DWC Cropking Blue Cookies

Here’s a prime example:

The seedling itself was ok after a couple weeks you couldn’t tell I OD-ed it.

1 Like

Thanks for the reassurance Joe!! I really appreciate the helping hand and input through this start up. Cheers!!

1 Like

Oh it’s no problem at all! I really enjoy troubleshooting people’s grows, it’s something I do. Been growing the water culture for 20 years, myself, so it’s what I’m most acquainted with.

3 Likes

2 weeks from seed

1 is doing great, the other 1 not so much, although she is starting to look better after I upped the PH a bit and backed the EC to 0.8.

3 Likes

yah give that mutant a few days, it should look much better. Interesting how the two different seedlings responded in their own unique way.

1 Like

Ya, both my meters are bluelab and they read the same for both buckets. Not sure what caused the variation. I do feel as tho the lady that is doing well has been the stronger plant from the start, sprouted first and grew the fastest. The ugly sister has been a little slower.

@JoeCrowe do you use a transfer pump to change water? I’m planning to scrog them so just lifting the plants out of the bucket isn’t really an option.

How do you stop the roots from being sucked in or clogging the pump?

I don’t usually change it out, but if I have to, I get an empty bucket and just take the plant out of the old bucket and put it in the empty one. Refill with water. I’d use a screen to keep the roots out of the pump.

2 Likes

@JoeCrowe interesting. Most of what I’ve read says you should change the water once you’ve added 100% of the original volume. Maybe I’ll give it a shot not changing it out. Thanks !

1 Like

3 weeks

So far so good.

Going to add water for the first time tomorrow. Will be moving EC from 1.0 to 1.2.

Topped the healthy one last night.

The ugly sister is still alive but looks real awkward lol.

7 Likes

Hey bro, you never know. The ugly ducking could turn i to some :fire: later down the road. Looking good tho!

2 Likes

it’ll grow out normal, eventually! They’re pumping.

1 Like

So still haven’t upped the nutes. I really haven’t had to add water yet. Been planning to up nutes in the new batch of water. A 1.0 EC seems to be working fine. Plants look healthy…wait and see I guess

1 Like

The patient is stable doc! LITFA! :wink:

1 Like

4 weeks from seed

Things going great. Added water a cpl days ago. Made the batch with an ec of 1.6. It brought the water in the res up a bit but would still like it higher. Currently 1.1

The ugly sister split into three stalks after the overdose. Its actually looking promising.

This girl has recovered great from the topping and lower growth in the last week has exploded

5 Likes

wow! Perhaps it was just a crazy mutant all along. I wonder if that’s physical or in it’s dna?

1 Like

Yah its pretty neat!! I’ll have to cut some clones and see what happens

So I added some water with an ec of 2.0 and ph 5.8 to try and raise the ppm in the buckets above where they’ve been sitting at 1.1. After adding the water i saw no change in ppm and the ph in the buckets has actually fallen to 5.0.

I’m thinking tomorrow ill take them each out individually and change the water completely in the buckets. Maybe shoot for an EC of 1.3 or 1.4 and get the ph up to a solid 5.8.

Just a suggestion you might want to sort the pH before tomorrow. 5.0 is pretty acidic. Could shock the plants.

1 Like

Thanks! I got out of bed early and adjusted PH to 5.9 in both buckets.