Early signs?

I believe I am seeing early signs of deficiencies. I am using CoCo Loco with advanced nutrients at .02 mL for topping not feeding. 6.5 pH she has been in CoCo for 10 days now. It’s my 2nd grow and I think I need help lol. Thanks in advance.

6 Likes

6.5 PH is on the high side.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been reading and starting to realize that.

6 would be better I think

2 Likes

I was thinking that I may need to drop it.

1 Like

6.5 isn’t bad. 6.1-6.3 is ideal in soilless, IMO. Coco tends to acidify pH, running 6.5 isn’t a problem. Runoff pH is everything.

That being said, I don’t see anything concerning. Those first leaves will naturally yellow and eventually fall off as the plant grows.

7 Likes

@Floyd is right, Ph causing some lockout. Always check your Ph in and out…early so they will come out fine!!!

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. I’m going to lower it and see how she takes to that.

3 Likes

the 1st leaves always yellow & die

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Understood, I went out a got some fish fertilizer for folder. Thank you for your feedback.

2 Likes

I agree with ph issue but I wouldnt worry too much. Just make sure your ph doesn’t need calibrated and continue watering with correct ph and it will be just fine

2 Likes

Got ya! I have this Alien Tech strain that I can’t find any information on it as far as growing characteristics.

Thank for your feedback.

I usually aim for a ph around 6 or even slightly lower at the start. Finish at around 6.2.
I stopped checking runoff ph a long time ago. You will forever chase it which will affect yield badly. If you don’t overfeed them you don’t need to flush or have loads of runoff. Feed lightly just enough to last 24hrs. If the pot is still wet/heavy next day just feed them a bit less volume next time. A decent flush with some runoff around the start of bloom is usually enough. If they are not overfed.

Also if you let coco dry out too much the root ball ph will swing badly.

2 Likes