Plant issues

Just a few issues I’m having with my plants. I’m using tap water ph’d to 6.2

3 Likes

Looks like coco, was it buffered with calmag and/or are you giving any calmag?

1 Like

@Molto_Mota yeah I’ve been giving calmag around 3ml per gallon of water.

If it wasn’t buffered initially you may need to give a bit more. From what I understand you may want to get your pH down to 5.8-6.0 to allow for the natural creep up and staying within range. Also more frequent low volume feedings if possible too keep that coco nice and wet. It’ll burn your babies if you let it dry out and release all those nutes it’s holding at once. Good luck man!

3 Likes

Thank you so much. I’m using the motherearth coco+perlite mix. I’ll probably bump up the amount of calmag I’m feeding them

1 Like

It looks like low intial pH. Fresh coco can drop pH easily if there’s not enough perlite. I deal with it myself.

Check the runoff pH.

Water your 6.2 nutrients in, until you get a little runoff water. Check the pH of that.

6 Likes

I’ll try that out on the next watering. That’s why I came here flr all the valuable information. One can only learn so much reading.

3 Likes

Sometimes it’s just so much faster to post a picture and ask for advice, there’s a limitless amount of information out there, a lot of it contradictory. You could spend a lifetime reading about it.

5 Likes

I’ve been reading for months lol. I’m sure my wife is sick of it and hearing about it.

4 Likes

She looks a little hungry to me. Good luck my friend.

:cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Also a distinct possibility.

Generally pale green or yellowish growth signifies low pH values or a hungry plant that wants nitrogen. Or both.

You can’t overwater coco/perlite, if things are weird, mix up a fresh batch of nutrients and flush through. From my aquarium days: “the solution to pollution is dilution”.

4 Likes

Took you alls advice. I readjusted my ph and up’d my feeding and they’ve made a significant turnaround these last few days. @oleskool830

1 Like