Edibles from AVB

Thanks for the temp information, trying to dial in my pax3 yeahhhhh buddy. The testing is going well bwuahahaha. :rofl::joy::dash::dash::metal::v::sled::green_heart::us_outlying_islands:

1 Like

Is this too dark to reuse abv? :us_outlying_islands::green_heart::peace_symbol::v:

2 Likes

I use a vacuum sealer bag and boiling water for extracting.

No reason you couldnā€™t just mix the abv in with a brownie mix it just wonā€™t be as gourmet.

As a guess, abv is 30% as strong as regular weed. But you will need to do some experimenting. When I make edibles from bud I assume 15% thc. Itā€™s harder with the abv

All the best.

3 Likes

I like 360Ā° for vaping. You get great flavor and avoid CBN which vaporizes at 365Ā° and makes things sleepier. If thatā€™s what youā€™re shooting for, crank up the temp.

Your abv looks fine. Iā€™m sure you will find it to be potent.

Earlier this month I purchased a Magical Butter Machine, just in time for the holiday baking season. I plan to break that in this week.

4 Likes

Oooooooh, ive thought about purchasing g one, let me know how it goes!!!

@nefrella sorry I completely forgot yesterdayā€¦ here is a picture of what the AVB looks like that I use for edibles.

1 Like

Nice! Thank you. Seems im on the right track!!

Hey @Foreigner! Hope youā€™re well and safe. Iā€™m anxious to make some brownies with abv from my Mighty. Can you recommend how much to put in a standard brownie mix? Oh yeah, I like it strong enough to be memorable! :grin:
Thanks & blessingsā€¦

:cowboy_hat_face::mask:

Hi @oleskool830!

It gets a bit tricky with portion/recipe sizing but I think a good place to start would be a half gram per serving.

Just decide how many pieces youā€™re going to cut and go from there. Like my last batch was 9 brownies at 9 grams total. I cut one of these brownies in half (I was scared) which is .5 grams per brownie. It was plenty potent.

If I were to do it again I might try .75 grams per serving.

Phew math is hard!

All the best and best of luck.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a really good idea, makes it hella simple to dose!! Iā€™ve just started dosing with crackers and peanut butter LOL.

3 Likes

How much are you dosing with the peanut butter method?

3 Likes

Iā€™d say maybe .5 grams I literally just sprinkle it on it.

Definitely need to dial it in, woke up really groggy this morning after 5 crackers

2 Likes

Iā€™m definitely trying fire crackers I love peanut butter itā€™s my go to snack and I put it in a lot of weird random foods

The Magical Butter Machine was nice and easy to use. I was working with flower, not ABV, so I decarbā€™ed on a cookie sheet in the oven. After that the process was the same as if I was using ABV: Open the machine, throw in herb, coconut oil (or butter, etc.), and lecithin, set the temp, then press the button for the the cycle you want to run. I came back a few hours later and poured the mixture through the included filter bag (190 micron, iirc) into my container of choice. Thatā€™s it! Clean-up was a snap - just fill the machine with water and soap then run the cleaning cycle.

I started with four cups of coconut oil and 90g of not-so-great flower. I couldnā€™t fit all the weed without going over the Max Fill line, so I have some leftover for next time. I ended up with almost 30oz of infused oil. I used one cup of that to make three dozen white chocolate, cranberry, macadamia cookies.

Edit to add: internet dosage calculator estimates 125mg THC per TBSP of oil which works out to around 55mg per cookie. Thatā€™s a bit on the high side for us. Get it? The high side? Jeez, I havenā€™t even tried a cookie yet but the bite of dough I sampled must have been enoughā€¦

4 Likes

Those look amazing!!!

Iā€™m seriously considering picking up one of those machines!

Glad to hear its plug and ay easy :+1::v::peace_symbol::us_outlying_islands:

1 Like

Its my new go to favorite. Tasty, effective and no baking :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

@BarefootAndBlazed you my friend have really peeked my interest in learning to make edibles.

Iā€™m starting to like the dosing, and would love to be able to make some.

You use yhe magic butter machine? I was considering purchasing one, but was curious if it was really worth it for the price.

I intend to try and make chocolates, or rice crispy bars, but not like a batch aweek, like a few times a year (unless I find i absolutely effing love em)

Thoughts?

Edit: do you use anything like this in your process?

1 Like

Iā€™ve only used my Magical Butter Machine once so far. I infused a large container of coconut oil with not quite 4oz of decarbed herb (had to reduce the amount in order to fit
everything inside the machine). The result was enough oil for multiple batches of edibles (I found that 1/2 cup = 36 doses, YMMV!), though Iā€™m due to make another round of oil this weekend.

In the past Iā€™ve infused butter and oil manually using the double boiler method which takes hours of fussing and stirring in the kitchen. The MBM automates the process which allows you to press a button to start the cycle, walk away, then return hours later when it is over. Clean up is super easy too. I know the price of the unit will be worth it in just a few uses based upon the hours of time Iā€™ll save.

I owned sunflower lecithin before I bought the MBM from previous batches of edibles. I canā€™t quantify the difference, but feel the results are better when I use it. The machine came with a sample of their version of lecithin which looks the same as what I purchased from Amazon. FYI, I got a better deal buying the machine directly from the manufacturer rather than going through Amazon. They had a well priced bundle that included some nice accessories. Iā€™ve picked up additional silicone molds to make chocolate bars and gummies.

I already enjoy spending time in the kitchen, and itā€™s a great way to produce a product that can be easily shared with people - like my parents - who probably wouldnā€™t see the medicinal value if they had to smoke or vape itā€¦ Iā€™m no expert but Iā€™m happy to answer questions.

1 Like

Iv been doing the ABV quite a bit lately itā€™s obviously a bit more dry and crumbles between the fingers even more the wife ironically made here first batch of brownies for a New Yearā€™s Eve great couldnā€™t even taste it ,for a small pan it was two heaping tablespoons Sorry not a very accurate volume for ya but I need to look into a better scale for small amounts

1 Like

I agree the stuff that comes out of my Dynavap all gets sprinkled into something getting creative is half the fun ! Taste like a decent herb to me like anything else in the the spice cabinet, had it brownies , mashed potatoes, quesadilla, avacado dip. The possibilities are endless IMO opinion havenā€™t had it with ice cream yet but Iā€™ll think Iā€™ll stick to chocolate syrup for the time being

1 Like