ELG's Lost Garden

The seedlings are doing okay. The bl×sb is the biggest and fastest, the s1’s seem to take a bit more time. No sign of infection for now, I doubt we’ll see any.

I transplanted the autos to 1gal until I see sex. The mother and s1 look fine, they’re a bit slow, one is hungry and bot are not getting enough water. The s1 got topped and trimmed.

And finally the 2nd NYCD. Almost all the leafs are yellow and dying (week old picture). It’ll get chopped tonight.

I’ll most likely kill the s1’s and sprout some more seeds. This run has to be done by April the latest, so I can start working for the summers guerrilla.

I pretty happy over-all. I’m living the dream, growing my own herb.

7 Likes

Looking good!

I had that exact hygrometer you have in there and it gave me trustworthy and reliable numbers for years… until I put some new hygrometers near it. The ThermPro was a full 10% or more lower than the 5 or 6 new ones I put around it. Just a heads up on it.

2 Likes

Long-term project: I want to create my own wild patch, either introduce a population of seeds bread (is that the word? It sounds funny lol) specifically for this and let them live or do it like the farmers and throw handful of these seeds every year in the patch and cul the males.

First I need to find a strain that’s worth putting in the wild, something that’s not going to fuck everyone up in case it escapes. Once that’s done I’ll introduce some wild ruderalis autos to shorten the flower time. It should only take me a few years :joy:

1 Like

Bred is the word :laughing:

2 Likes

The harvest!

7 Likes

Looks like a nice haul!

2 Likes

Thanks @Slick1! It’s the most I’ve ever harvested! I finally need jars lol.

4 Likes

It’s a theory, but just to play devil’s advocate for a minute… this study is on bioRxiv, which means it’s not peer-reviewed. In just a quick scan of their methodology, I came up with what I feel is a pretty wide hole in the certainty of their findings. They apparently took 3 samples, one each from 3 different locations on a single plant, did genome sequencing on those tiny tissue samples, found a higher rate of mutations on the sample from the top of the plant and the bottom and (in fine print) concluded that these rates would be applicable to all plants, all similar locations for tissue samples, and all growing methods. It’s possible that’s true, but basically this study was conducted with a sample size of one. There’s no review of growing conditions, and we have no idea what the lineage of “Honey Banana” is, so it’s possible epigenetics have come into play as well. Just saying, I’m taking it with a grain of salt. :wink:

2 Likes

I agree, I also though that sampling 1 plant was low for good statistics. But we can use everyone else’s plants as data too. The :strawberry::banana: mother and s1’s all have shown signs of genetic degeneration. Some of the chem cuts show variegation ( it could be because it was a s1 or it could be that from cut to cut to cut etc. It’s genetics changed). There are tons of other examples I’m sure. There’s a lot of anecdotal evidence that supports their claims.

1 Like

Everything is ready for the current sinsemilla run.

Just got my ~yearly paper order. Last year was a box of raw 1 1/4. This year I got some king size Pay-Pay paper. Probably the oldest rolling paper company.

Going to the cookies store grand opening tomorrow in the 6 with some friends, it happens on me and my boys birthday. This is some destiny shit. Hotel is going to be “free” with my travel points. :call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Nothing much going on. Plants are doing good. The c99×mendo breath and the black Lebanon×SB are in their final pots. Waiting on 2 White Cherry truffle fem and 2 nycd×SB fast fem to come out of the soil. The 2 plants in solo cups are back ups c99×mb. OTUGs autos are about to show sex.

6 Likes

We have some development.

One of the RK62×DR was a male and the other was female, it’s beginning to flower and smells really good.

I noticed both had this

The c99×mendo breath is doing good, it didn’t mind the transplant at all. It’s accompanied by the 2 white cherry truffles, still waiting a bit before choosing one.

Here are the other 2 c99×medo breath, one got a 1gal and the other I keep as insurance.

The nycd×sb

The black lebanon×sb was pretty unhappy of the transplant, it just started being good.

5 Likes

The second NYCD doesn’t seem to be some top shelf. Its curing in a ziploc bag. The nugs are big, dense and look good but the smell is light (I think it’s because I left it in a paper bag lightly sealed for 2 days). I never thought ziplocs hold rh that well.

6 Likes

Here’s everyone.

I got a new humidifier and I finally found a decently priced humidity controller (35cad). Now I have better vpd and the plants are really enjoying themselves.

4 Likes

I ordered a 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 socket for led bulbs to add more light to the tent and guess what I find today?

This crazy deal!

1 Like

Oh man, not a NOMA! Sorry to say, but those things don’t last as long as a regular incandescent bulb. I took them all back to canadian tire and bought phillips bulbs.

1 Like

They come with a 10 year warranty. I bought Phillips last time but had to hunt them, they’re only available at homedepot in my area. I popped the reflectors off of the Phillips ones and realized it voided the warranty… (just checked while writing and they don’t seem to offer a warranty, no clue where I saw that) Now it’s different, I need the reflectors. Even if they are garbage for this price I can’t complain. Phillips equivalent are like 15$.

3 Likes

They ended up canceling the order… Instead I got 6 × 8.8w watt 3000k phillips bulbs, they had it at Walmart for 25$ and they have a 5 year warranty. I’ll mix in the 5000k I already have.

1 Like

yah, even at that price they’ll give you more value for your $$$.
I’ll go on a mini rant those noma bulbs may have a 10 year warranty but when they fail in 6 months canadian tire will take them back and give you a free new one… that will last for 6 months. Oh, it’s a vicious cycle.

1 Like

Plants are doing good. My goal with this grow is nice full Scrog.

5 Likes