Equilibrium Genetics Favorite Strains

They look great. I would be in awe and amazed. They will give a nice bounty

Seriously I can almost smell it thru the picture

1 Like

Keep checking the site every other day. He’s had several limited releases he’s only put up for a day or three over the past couple months. I asked if he might do an email list so we can be notified but it’s just “check the site” for now.

His recent limited ones:

4-Way Koosh

Lemon Tree Bx (offered during April 2024 eclipse)

Kablawi F2 (re-release after 8 years)

He gave away free packs (1 per customer) of unique seeds he doesn’t offer on the site with an order of the Kablawi F2s. I got Mango Queen.

EQ Haze (limited re-release around May 1st)

Disruptor Beam (limited re-release)

Skill Cole Jamaican x NL (limited May 11-13 2024 release)

5 Likes

Stick with Jason. His genetics are true

2 Likes

I did a drive up to some Humboldt dispensaries and got some of his work from a few years ago at 50% off. I’ve got a bunch of unopened strains from him that are enjoying refrigeration until I can play around more with them.

The Blue Dream Bx seems like an interesting one particularly to me. What I’ve seen on the site is:

“Blue Dream Bx = Blue Dream :female_sign: x (Blue Dream/Rootbeer) :male_sign:

Blue Dream is a legendary high yielding Sativa dominant hybrid from Santa Cruz, California. It is likely a cross of Blueberry and Super Silver Haze, but its exact genetics and who created it is unknown.

Blue Dream Rootbeer is a Sativa dominant hybrid of Blue Dream and a Rootbeer Bx [Rootbeer x (Rootbeer x Jaro)] that was created in Corralitos, CA in 2015.

Okay, so my understanding is that Blue Dream originated as a clone only strain and eventually that got widely released. This led to ambiguity about the original line vs others… but I’m told Dark Heart Nursery maintains the original cut and offers it to local dispensaries. So likely Jason had access to this cut of Blue Dream.

The Rootbeer i had never heard of before. SeedFinder says that’s Mean Gene’s work from Freeborn Selections. It also says specifically that GMO Rootbeer has lineage with a Rootbeer Bx of Rootbeer x (Rootbeer x Jaro)… just like the Blue Dream Bx listing says. So I’m going out on a limb here and saying that you’ve got those genetics in here …which is saying a lot cause Gene’s stuff is pretty great.

EDIT: Gene talks about the Rootbeer strain and how he doesn’t give it out much but it makes beautiful plants, on this podcast. He mentioned how it is meant for outdoor grows. Starting around 40:45 mark, https://youtu.be/10yk9h7hCfg

Anyway, it’s going to be fun using this strain as a backbone for some projects including some Freakshow and Ruderalis crosses. Time and space are the only limits.

2 Likes

This was the list of seeds up at the dispensary the weekend of March 25, 2024. Give them a call if you see any on the list that you had wanted. They won’t ship them, but they will hold them on site for you if you can make the trip out.

Satori Wellness 1551 Nursery Way Suite BMcKinleyville, CA 95519

Phone: 707-839-4599Email: info@satoriwellness.org

2 Likes

Dark heart Nursery no longer exists. I have heard that is because all their stuff was infected. I cannot confirm this. They very quickly shut down.

EDIT: They still exist as dark moon industries but no longer operate in the bay.

1 Like

I was picking up some of the new stuff Jason has coming out and looked at the archive page dedicated to his Blue Dream/Rootbeer Bx1 collection. The Blue Dream wasn’t directly from Dark Heart Nursery back in the day, but rather someone dedicated to that strain for sometime. Are they ultimately of the same origin? I guess that’s still a mystery. The Rootbeer is from Mean Gene.

“Blue Dream/Rootbeer Bx1 is a Sativa dominant hybrid created in Corralitos, California in 2015 on a 140 acre ranch. The Blue Dream cutting was sourced from a longtime indoor grower in Santa Cruz County, CA who for years only grew Blue Dream. The Rootbeer Bx is [Rootbeer x (Rootbeer x Jaro)] and was sourced from Mean Gene via a friend of his whom I was growing with during the 2015 outdoor season.”

Either way, at $60 (including shipping) for 12 regular seeds, I highly recommend these if you’d like a fabulous version of Blue Dream for your summer grow. The GG4 mother I crossed it to is already the bell of the ball at four weeks outdoors in 1 gallon pots and it’s clearly due to the inherited structure and vigor of the Blue Dream Bx father. I’m out of his pollen but growing out F1s from the same father and will be hunting another male to do a pollen grab from because these things are a dream for growers, trimmers, and smokers.

1 Like

“Santa Cruz Blue Dream Cut” has been around for some time. Before DHN that is for sure.

3 Likes

Right, and I wonder if that long held strain is what Santa Cruz Goat Farm made the S1s from they are selling. Similarly, it appears Rebel Grown has an F5 of regulars they are selling (who also was out in northern CA over the last decade).

2 Likes

I know Bodhi has the real cut and you can get it through BlueBerry Hashplant and Blue Sunshine as well as others. There is another cut which is more indica. I just ran out of BD, I need to get some more.

2 Likes

Oh wow, I didn’t know that but luckily I have an unopened pack of Blueberry Hashplant in the fridge… so thank you, as I have something else to be excited about!

2 Likes

When they shut down they changed there name slightly and were doing some work with uc Davis , dark heart industries or something like that, seemed Monsanto,ish.

3 Likes

Equilibrium Genetics is releasing some new crosses and fem/S1 stuff on the site. Also of interest is a mystery box of unreleased and special selections… which I had to try and I could not be happier!

Edit: @Kritkl rumor has it that some Romulawi crosses will be coming soon. Hope the wildfires aren’t bad this year and you get to go full run! We got a ton of rain in the bay these past two winters but it was also 96F in the Cupertino foothills yesterday.

Second Edit: Also, that Rootbeer strain (in the Blue Dream Bx) from Mean Gene just popped up again. Crockett Family Farms has it crossed with Tangie.

8 Likes

Oo, la la! :astonished:

I can see why!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

New list dropped today on their website:

June 2024 :sun_with_face::ringer_planet: – Equilibrium Genetics – Seed List

Updated on June 6th, 2024 at 2:43 PM (Pacific Standard Time)

Tepmorary ! Lemon G Bx = Lemon G :female_sign: x Lemon Lotus :male_sign:Sativa

Mystery Boxes are 20% off until 6/13/24 !

Feminized Seeds

Feminized Autoflower Seeds

Regular Seeds (Non-Feminized)

Sativas

Indicas

Ruderalis/Early Flowering

CBD Selections

Please visit the Equilibrium Genetics Seed Archive to view previously available varieties.

6 Likes

Ayyyy I just saw that African Orange F2, nice! Thats one I’d love to get my hands on someday if you ever want to trade I’d make it worth your while. Nice haul there dude!

4 Likes

Hey, thank you!

I’ve got big plans for that African Orange, however, those plans involve making seeds so if you’re interested I’ll keep you in the loop on that. Jason’s “12 seeds” usually counts more like 24-30 so F1s (technically F3s in this case) or S1s (of a keeper) are worth it IMO. Happy to send pollen to New England too! I grew up in Agawam, MA… always good to meet fellow folks from the northeast. :metal:

6 Likes

https://eqgenetics.com/product/vietnamese-mexican/

This is tempting

7 Likes

its insane the variety in his creations

3 Likes

A man of good taste :slightly_smiling_face:

@hooddirt right? Which makes it even more hilarious that he’s apparently got a backlog of genetics ready to go and the limiting factor is effort to put a web page on the site.

4 Likes