Eskobar Repros by Zanzibar and Santero, plus San Fune: A Semi-Balcony Grow

I strongly advise people to get those beans. I got two more packs from Seedheaven since I am in Europe, but it is good to know that there is an american source too. My brother is back home on the other side of the pond and I could have beans delivered to him. It is what I do with Dynasty seeds. You do have a nice catalogue of strains :smiley:

6 Likes

Thank you @anon3323625 for the awesome smoke report and grow show.
Happy Winter Solatice and much peace and love to you and yours
:peace_symbol:

6 Likes

May you have a very Happy Winter Solstice as well :smiley:

Peace and love to your and yours as well. May we all have that someday.

4 Likes

Raspberry Truffle

Man I am not going to lie. This particular phenotype of Raspberry Truffle was, at first, the least of my favorite of this year. I found it to be jittery, like plain chocolate rain is said to be, and given that I am naturally a hyperactive person I did not find myself going to the jar as often as with the more creative raspberry hazes. That is, until I eventually learned to read the effects of this powerful medicine.

Life surprises you, even in the dullest of times, and you find yourself in very interesting and fulfilling situations for which the effects of this medicine, which are both sensual and very sexual, should be enjoyed. If I were single, I would definately ´go on a hunt´ smoking this weed during the night :joy:

Alternatively, you can also use it to study. Great cross.

some pics for your viewing pleasure

Chunky insides

On the blue

Early dried buds

Cured buds

Happy Winter Solstice to you all!

16 Likes

Hey cannabrainer, nice grow log!
I grew Double the Cocoa, got 6 females and can definitely vouch for the cross. There were some sativa phenos and some resembling sativa kush types, if that makes sense. Panama fem offers also a range from 60-75 days and offers great effects.
Wish you all the best with your project! Looking forward to your report.
Bluna

4 Likes

What are the effects? how long does it flower for? I am honestly thinking about adding them along with the CandyBerry to see their differences. Cheers on your future projects as well, Bluna, and I will be sure to contact you so that you can follow my Doblue the Cocoas in the future. Thanks for contributing to the thread :smiley:

2 Likes

Well I guess it fair to say that you have a range between Blueberry Sativa and Cocoa Kush. So there was one phenotype which resembled the Blueberry Sativa end of the spectrum. It took around 75-78 days and build long colas. The weed remembered my friend and me of Kali Mist, concerning the appearance and the effects. Yet the aroma was different and the potency a bit lower. It should be noted that I did not grow it to its full potential. The effect was up, perfect daytime smoke without a harsh come down. The taste was like floral notes, maybe bits of berry with some spicy lavender after taste. Then there was another sativa pheno which took 9-10 weeks and a more compact appearance, an 75% sativa effect with a minor indica comedown. It was more potent and provided some trippy effects. Effects could trigger some slight visual distortions or tunnel vision. I would consider it a social smoke depending on quantity. The taste was a bit strange. It accommodated floral, meaty, bbq, lavender, lemony/piny and woody terps. We had real trouble determining what it was.
Then came the what I call Sativa Kushes. The morphology looked like sativa growth with longer internodes, having small clusters of very frosty buds. They reminded me a bit of roses. here the taste was much smoother, providing a cremy, hashy, floral and berry taste. I disliked these types at the beginning, because the yield was mediocre, yet better than it looked like. In hindsight I would say that these were the best phenos though, with the others not being bad either. The effects were a bit more stony, yet not for the boddy, but more in the head. I would say you could easily have a walk or go by bike somewhere while being in a dreamy off space.
The end of the range was a pheno that according to @santero looked almost the same as eskobar’s cocoa kush keeper. It was more leafy than the SAtiva Kushes, yet it had put a great frost on to the leaves with a mostly berry creme taste, very tasty! The effects of this type had more body, but were still balanced. It was a great smoke to chill with friends, talking, drinking, listen to vinyls and see the time fly by.

So I hope this helps you a bit with your decision. Generally as I said the cross has some variation, but that’s more of an advantage I’d say. I found it quite interesting to see the different types. Also friends were impressed by some phenos, the DC having the strongest blueberry aromas they have encountered so far. For the sake of transparency I should add though that not all of them are cannaseurs like me :crazy_face:
Tag me in case you start a new report. I would like to follow it.

4 Likes

Thank you for such an awesome and detailed description of the phenotypes that you had the pleasure to enjoy. I am officially hooked on the plan. I have been working with a Sannie freebie which I started calling Blue Tangie Bean (Blueberry Sativa x [Jilly Bean x Tangie]) up to an F3 generation but so far all of the Blueberry Sativa phenotypes I got from the seeds I got lean towards the Tangie on the terpene profile. If I could get a Blueberry Sativa leaning pheno out of the Double the Cocoa and cross it to a BTB Blueberry Sativa male pollen I have in the fridge, some interesting things can come out of it.

I had talked to @santero about a cross I have made of the Blue Tangie Bean and the Fume (SanFune) and the cross turned out to be an early sativa looking plant with a hybrid structure and height, with great effects for concentration, music appreciation, reading, but also stretching and doing exercise. Basically, it was my go to weed during september and early october, a time of the season in which I tend to wake up, read the news, plan the day before I train, and then start working. Very kind weed to get on the mindset of training and to focus so you can breath properly while rowing (my cardio during the morning). I actually feel it helped me improve my time on the 2K row, which is under 8 minutes.

Here are some pics of that plant:

7 Likes

Nice little pollen chucking project you are having there my friend! I have that freebee as well, but not sure when I will be able to pop them. There are just too many seeds.
Regarding your Blueberry Sativa hunt I’d say its not very hard to spot that pheno. It stretches more and has very thin leaves. The other “sativas” in the cross have more this blade shape.
The most frosty DCs carried the best creme Blueberry aromas, yet the blueberry was not as blueberry muffin or such. It’s better to tame your expectations. The Blueberry Sativa showed more spice lavender tendency, having hints of Blueberry.

The SanFume is a really interesting cross. I might have some beans as well. As my circle is holding a Chocolate Cheese pheno which is really nice, I am considering making a BX with the SF.
I am rarely productive when smoking in the morning, yet I implemented also some morning training routine to balance my life and my passion (growing) a bit better. It helps me a lot. For stretching and exercise I prefer sativa doms but with a proper body component. For sex it can be even a proper hybrid. For instance Blueberry Heaven had one particular pheno, having red flowers, which was great for making jokes and having great sex with my girl friend. She also loves some of my hybrids when doing yoga and such. She says she stretches much better. I heard the same from a friend when I gave her some Chocolope as muscle relaxant.

Kind smokes are important! I love trippy stuff, but kind smokes pave the avenue when you seek to have a nice conversation with a friend. The obsession with THC numbers sometimes gets in the way of having a nice encounter. One of my favorite smokes in that regard is my Red Wine cross. It is a Amnesia Haze x Chocolate Rain F2 lanky fruity citric pheno, likely similar to your rasberry-grapefruit pheno, pollinated by some of my Chocolate Cheese#3 fem pollen. After some cure it smells like a some red fruit/cherry with a dark chocolate woody, I call it oak barrel flavor. Really cool smoke, it works well in social occasions, allowing you to dance and talk. Unfortunately I might have lost it due to mislabeling. A friend gave me back the cut, but it’s not confirmed yet.
I have made the cross also with another pheno which might fall in between your rasberry cherry and syrup phenos. There two cuts to be flowered soon by a fried of mine. Let’s see what they have to offer.
@santero and @Zanzibar thank you guys for the repros. They are truely appreciated.
@anon3323625 hope you keep me updated about your run.
Cheers

8 Likes

That sounds incredible. You are giving me ideas :pray: :smiley:

I hope you don´t mind if I attempt to go on a similar route. I have decided I will repeat both Amnesia Haze x Chocolate Rain and SanFune, along with other Eskobar crosses. Since I dont have Chocolate Cheese, I am hoping to find a chocolate cheese leaning pheno of the SanFune. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

The obsession with THC numbers has a very dark side to it sometimes. I tend to tolerate a lot the soaring highs, but somehow some hybrids with very high thc content give me a very burn out feeling, similar to a hangover, after some hours. To be honest, I hate it, but it is what I got whenever I am out of my own weed. On the other hand, pure truppy sativas are dangerous for me and I have come to realize that the moment and my mindset is important before going into the trip. Lesson learned the other day with an Ace Golden Tiger test bud that I quick dried. I am not lying when I say I though I was going to die at one point. I felt heart pressure and some dizzyness coming from a lack of oxygen as the recently eaten food made its way up my throat. My wife told me ¨you will be fine, just go vomit¨ and alas I survived :rofl:

Reality check: Not all smoke is good for me and I have to be mindful if I am drinking or if I have just eaten. Another reality check: I need therapeutic cannabis. Not necessarily a very very high percentage cultivar.

Please keep us updated on pyour projects as well. I would certainly like to see the outcome of those plants.

6 Likes

Not at all! I would be pretty curious to see how that turns out.

Yea I know that feeling. I guess every kind has its time and place, but smoking your strongest pot all the time cuts down on the nice variety one can have.

I love those smokes but after smoking my Killer A5Haze cut constantly it did affect my mental state. I am selecting one atm, but just as important is a light daytime smoke and some healthy activities.

Yea I will post some pics some time soon.
By the way, on which side of the pond are you living?

4 Likes

Some pics of the Golden Tiger V3 (Thai Leaning version), alluded to here in the first post, but not documented really.

Looks like the 20 week wait could be worth it and, indeed the test buds indicate that … all energy, no anxiety nor paranoia. All clarity, no comedown, you just suddenly feel normal.

If the Amnesia Haze x Choco Rains are peaking now after a near three month cure, this will need like 5 months.

Chop chop day for her will be tomorrow.

Thanks to all who followed the thread. It meant a lot to me.

10 Likes

Somebody will be growing some Amnesia Haze x Chocolate Rain soon! Oh and also more San Fune, some Dead Whabbits, and a Berrny Nice Plant.

Also got some of the lost skunk in a cross at least. I had trouble with my bank and my Lost Skunk purchase was declined. Pity, but hey I got all of this so cant complain. Expect a dedicated thread on my new Eskobar Repro, Zanziba, and Santero grow project. Thanks for making available these genetics.

12 Likes

Hola from The Isthmus.

@anon3323625 …I thought I’d some of my grows on your thread…point out the quality in these repros.

Let’s see if we can kickstart your thread amigo
I’m going to tag a few of my friends.

@Papalag @PineTarBastard @GREANDAL @MissinBissin ,and anyone else is welcome.
A few of you guys know me from @ @Upstate ,s Central America and landrace thread.where i normally share my grows here on the mountain.

I’ve always been an Amnesia Haze fan,
And Choc rain was on my bucket list.
The Candyberry was an other on my wish list …

So here goes my take on the repro so far.

I will start with the Candyberry

Anyway here goes

IMG_3776 IMG_3781

I had three different Phenos …a very Kushy one certainly a kush connection there.

From the fourth week they were no problems …and was amazing to get smashing looking plants…the kush like one is nicc.

Some of the photos may not be in order

Basically I vegged under light for 50 days then out to the greenhouse. I’m on a mountain .

So please all stay with me .and I also have the Amnesia Haze x choc rain grow to come.

Move in a few weeks ( kinda lost track)

IMG_3784

Kinda felt lucky with three phenos

Hope you all enjoy

P J

17 Likes

PART 2

Before i go on

Another thing that got my attention with these stains was my grow of.

@Upstate and @Papalag ,s repro of OXACA x Choc rain ( Escobar

Which I won in a competition (xmas, and that got my mouth watering more on these strains.

The chocolate rain f2 was repoed by islayharts from Escobar original chocolate rain

The Oaxacana can go 13 to 16 weeks
And the chocolate rain took 10 ish almost 11

IMG_3788

These were a smashing grow.and a great cross by those dude.

NOTES![

Oxacan x chocolate rain

Latest 57 days from germ.

Getting too big for veg room.( walk in wardrobe)
will flip at 60 days this weekend.

So far so good…nice plants….
Most nipped at fourth node…then some manicuring as they grew …to keep them manageable.
I do expect them to at least double when I flip to greenhouse.
The fun starts soon.

First phase is over…from germ, not had a single problem …basically they have done there own thing…

IMG_2922|666x500](upload://akmfRRnArAU4RR3j24goYu1jspO.jpeg)

exceptional breeders. An indica-dominant hybrid cross of DNA Genetics’ Chocolope and DJ Short’s Cocoa Kush, this twice-deep chocolate pairing emits a bittersweet cocoa aroma with touches of blueberry and floral Kush notes on the finish. The strain’s effects are balanced, offering happy, relaxing mental and physical effects that aren’t overwhelming. Chocolate Rain has a decent yield and an average 9 to 10 week flowering period.

Which has been crossed with upstate’s Oxacan…I believe this is the first cross?

That’s all I know …genetics or not they are fine looking young specimens.

Ok Guys …it’s getting late…I need a big Joint before bed.

I’m enjoying making this concise journal of these grows and I hope it’s making sense.

Will continue soon

More on the OXACA x choc rain

IMG_3795 IMG_3796

Then we move on to.

Below.

OXACA x choc rain

Pheno 3…

Pheno 3…@ 5 weeks from flip

Smallest of the sisters…buds forming slowly, and darker in color.

IMG_2922|666x500](upload://akmfRRnArAU4RR3j24goYu1jspO.jpeg)

Oxacan x choc rain

Pheno 3

IMG_3802 ![IMG_3803|375x500](upload://z8s0CHh70ZocOLaPIgqROvqoKvh.jpeg

Pheno 2c

85 days from flip. 12 weeks in flower….in the Zone now …will chop soon.

Nice plant nice grow.
IMG_3811 IMG_3812

I’ve done a x post from @Upstate ,s Central America and landrace thread…I put most of my work on there.

The Plants are at the zone in the pics.

20 Likes

Nice job! Your plants are thriving

4 Likes

PART 3

Coming next

emphasized text

IMG_3816

https://seedheaven.org/?s=Amnesia%20Haze%20x%20Chocolate%20rain

I was really looking forward to growing these…and was hungry to see how these turned out, compared to @Upstate ,s @ @Papalag OXACA x Chocolate Rain.

You guys will be able to do this too…just scroll up or down and check the photos of each.

Anyway let’s co

We had a 100% germ ( paper towel

After three weeks + days I moved them out of there 1st pots and got some soil and pumice stone together (no perlite here.

IMG_3817 IMG_3822

I gave the roots a feed…and off they went in there journey

IMG_3825

A few weeks later was time to Flip ( I think I done these 45 days veg

Out in the garden to get hardened off then out to the greenhouseIMG_3834

IMG_3832 IMG_3836 IMG_3831

The last Photo …has the Kush pheno resurrected its self in this as well?

I’m going to leave it there tonight guys …have a beer and a few.
Get it together tomorrow and you can all see the chicas going in to flower. I see I e duplicated a couple of fotos.

Dulce suenos

P J

Four weeks since flip after 45 days Veg.

Three fems and two males ( which I got rid off.

Three sisters not so lanky now,side branches making her bushy.

They’re like stretched nearly three times…and still going but slowing down.

There seems to be a small medium and large LOL
IMG_3836 IMG_3835 ![IMG_3306|375x500](upload://oNUBj1Mdvt1piVTuiTPhYTNLIsY.

33 days since I flipped the Amnesia Haze/choc rain ( Escobar repro) after 45 days Veg.

There is definitely three phenos of the three sisters.
We had a large small and med plant…since the stretch and them maturing …swing diffferent nice traits.

Today we can concentrate on number 1

This was the medium one …which I have played nip and tuck with has grown amazing side growth and is turning into a nice bouquet type shape…it’s nice even nodes…and a coloring in the stems of the leaves…I think this plant would be AM/ Haze leaning…but no expert.

I will do Pheno 2 and 3 in the next few days.( you can compare the differences.

Have a nice day

Am Haze x choc rain ( Escobar repro)

Same time as Pheno 2 …13 in flower.

Completely different from its sisters, tall wispy plant, more light in colour …with the feather like plumes at the crown, ye amazing difference.

She is coming to the end now and the weight of the buds ripening is forcing them drop…ye she s ripe for harvest.

Am Haze x choc rain ( Escobar repro)

Same time as Pheno 2 …13 in flower.

Completely different from its sisters, tall wispy plant, more light in colour …with the feather like plumes at the crown, ye amazing difference.

She is coming to the end now and the weight of the buds ripening is forcing them drop…ye she s ripe for harvest.

15 Likes

@Panamajock Awesome phenotypes from the Candyberry. I got my self two packs of those. Your contributions certainly have me rethiniking next season. I am loving the diversity and that kushy looking phenotype. Wonderful Oaxacan x Chocolate Rain (I would certainly love to try that one hehehe) and of course, what can I say about both the plain old Chocolate Rain (which needs a repro for like yesterday) and the Amnesia Haze x Chocolate Rain other than your setting is much tropical than mine and therefore better than mine :heart_eyes:

Pumped to see all of that documented here :smiley:

Keep em coming my friend. And cheers to your grow for this season!

8 Likes

Nice plants looks like you have a nice living out there :sunglasses:

6 Likes

It’s a pleasure…and of course,be nice for the lads that done these repros…see the fruits of there labour.

And this is the first time I ve done a log like this
THE CANDYBERRY a smashing experience.

Just wait for Part 4

P J

8 Likes