EsRgood4u multiple grow journals thread

Good guess eh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: yeh man still hench for that size pot bro mustā€™ve took some abuse to get that size :rofl: also picked up a sprayer today when I was in screwfix so sound for the shout on that mate I never thought of something so simple.

2 Likes

Itā€™s cool mate. Simple ideas come from simple minds :grin:

2 Likes

Stopping by to give you a high-five! :slight_smile:
Another grow log I enjoyed from start to finish!

I bought 5 double autopots a while back, and want to ask you if the girls have auto-watering 24/7?

The top soil here is constantly moist, so I started to only open the water one time every 24 hours. Should I just have it flowing all the time?

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words @Kayoes.
Yes they have water/nutruents 24/7 but I have a valve on the feed to them that I can restrict the flow with. Autopot are a great grow system but I wish Iā€™d bought the single pot version instead of the double as itā€™s a little harder to maneuver them into a position so that the plants are not overcrowding each other.
I plan on using the auto pots outside next year as Iā€™ve just ordered a commercial RDWC system for my indoor stuff. :v:

4 Likes

I hear ya, I got them for cheapo, but would advice everyone to buy 1 pot instead. Had 4 plants, one male, so had to be inventive :stuck_out_tongue:

I tried to fix the i-think-water-too-much could be solved with a solenoid, but my last water tank didnā€™t have enough pressure. Was 10l
Changed to 42l now, so Iā€™ll give it another shot! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I use 2x 47l rez.

Obviously the higher they are situated the faster the flow will be so a way to restrict the flow is needed.

4 Likes

@Gaz29, @cannabissequoia, @ReikoX, @MomOnTheRun. Iā€™m about to go out and buy a large tarp to deprive the greenhouse plants of light. Tarpaulins are usually NOT light proof BUT I know they can not see (I know plants donā€™t have eyes :rofl:) green light. My thoughts are I can purchase a green tarpaulin and cover the greenhouse and even though the tarp is transparent and light can penetrate through it the said ā€œlightā€ ā€œShouldā€ be green and it shouldnā€™t effect the plants?? Am I correct in this assumption??

3 Likes

I read that changing the colour of light by use of a coloured lens/filter does not work well, the green light has to be made by the bulb/light source, creating the specific green spectrum.

I have not read anything else to confirm that info though.

3 Likes

Thanks @Shadey. Iā€™ll just buy it and give it a try. Iā€™ll only need to cover the greenhouse for a few hours each day as Iā€™ll remove it once itā€™s dark. Weā€™ll see what happens :v:

3 Likes

Damp membrane could work for that. Pretty cheap for the roll size too mate. Not used it for blocking light buts itā€™s meant to stop the weeds init :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Ask if they have lightproof tarpaulins at the shop ā€¦
Iā€™m not sure about the green stuff, whatever is the darkest tarp is the one to use.
Sorry i wasnā€™t much help, good luck with your outdoor ladies ā€¦
Good luck with this bro ā€¦
Gaz

2 Likes

It would certainly block the light but tarpaulins are breathable mate. Iā€™ve been and bought a dark blue one as itā€™s all Wickes had. I know they are hard wearing as we use them at work occasionally. Iā€™ll give the tarp a run for a week and see what happens. Even if I put a dark cloth sheet then the tarp over the top will likely work :+1:

3 Likes

Cheers @Gaz29. Iā€™ve got an idea :arrow_up: that will likely work

2 Likes

A piece of black & white poly(panda/orca) is great but may have pinholesā€¦

Personally looking at a double/triple shade-cloth trial myself.

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Thought same but if ya think about it the black and white comes in 2m width probably not big enough to cover it properly.

2 Likes

My local shop sells 10 ft. wide by the ft. or in a 100ā€™ x 10ā€™ roll. :confused:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I bought a 5x4 blue tarp that has a black backing. The greenhouse is wrapped up in a fashion :rofl:
Iā€™ll leave it in darkness for a couple of days then Iā€™ll do 12/12. Itā€™s not perfectly light proof but itā€™s the best I could find. Weā€™ll find out in the coming weeks I suppose :v:

3 Likes

My blue dream x cookies Kush fem seed test.
Put 3 seeds into rock wool 3 days ago and 2 have surfaced.

Iā€™ll grow these out into Bloom to ensure they definitely fem and stable and Iā€™ll send some out to anyone that wants them.

11 Likes

Ya know I like free shit bro. But on a proper topic I hope they perform well for you bro could potentially grow that line over and over for fack all. Exactly why I plan on doing a seed run at some point myself. Dunno bout it bein feminised like :rofl:

3 Likes

Iā€™ll send you some anyway if you want mate. Dunno about the stability of them though. :+1:

3 Likes