estab87’s Q1 2022 Auto Run

Man @estab87, I appreciate your endeavor and thread but it’s way clean work there, if wife sees it, she expects the same. I’ll quietly hide in the corner and watch you grow. Drop some dirt once in a while will ya!

3 Likes

Hey @DougDawson, thanks for popping in!

I had been debating it with the back two plants, given how much they’ve shot up, but I think I will let those girls grow upwards naturally :slight_smile:

My last supercropping experience with an auto didnt go so well, and I have already battled getting those two plants healthy and am worried about stressing ‘em further.

Next run I’ll give it another shot & tag you!

Cheers.

3 Likes

Lol! My grow room doubles as our guest space, so I’ve gotta keep ‘er tidy. Got a little Dyson handy that I use a couple times a week. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fair enough. The last Auto I supercropped ended up a great success but that might have just been luck. It sure did give me a more uniform canopy. They do look great man. Here is the one I supercropped. Was a Fastbuds Wedding Cheesecake.

6 Likes

Beautiful @DougDawson & definitely an excellent end result for you with the super cropping on that plant. Nice work man! Have you grown out many other varieties from Fastbuds? If so, how have they been?

I ran the Cream Cookies ages ago - first auto I ever grew. I stunted the hell out of her, but the flavour was true to the name, but pretty mild. I have a couple others in the library but never end up choosing them when I plan out my grows.

As someone I see continuously taking on huge responsibility for the community, I’m honoured to have you watching my little grow. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks bud. That was my first fastbuds strain and it was very nice. @nefrella was big on fastbuds stuff and had a thread here.

She has not been around in some time so I am hoping she is good but you can find some great info in her thread.

Happy to be here watching your thread fellow grower. It is I who am honored that you welcome me here :v:

6 Likes

Beautiful! Thanks for the link.

3 Likes

Thanks for the honorary tag @TopicalWave

Nice growing in here @estab87 . You’re brave running so many different cultivars! You keep good notes too!

I was thinking my 3g pots were a little light but never gave it too much concern. They’ve done well for autos so far.

Locked in and watching! This is my favorite Part!

Grow4th!!!

3 Likes

Don’t know what took me so long to see this, but I’m here now and watching intently! Looking great @estab87 !:+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @4ftfarmer! The bravery is more a result of enjoying variety far too much to run a monocrop. It’s a blessing and a curse, for sure. I’m definitely feeling the ‘curse’ part on this run, as most of the gals are on entirely separate feeding schedules :man_facepalming:

Happy to have you here & keeping an eye out!

Cheers

2 Likes

Heyy @Budderton thanks for stopping in and pulling up a chair. Hopefully in Q4 you’ll see a thread started with some of your beans popping off!

Cheers

3 Likes

March 1, 2022 or day 45

I love Autoflowers. Everyday you can see steady progression…. Anywho, hi! Welcome back! Quick update on everything, I’ll get started with the DIY grow tote which continues to surprise me with how well it’s doing.

The S.A.D from Sweet Seeds is maturing at a much faster pace than the CDLC. Buds are starting to thicken up a little vs. just starting to form on the CDLC. Sour Crack is beginning to show (remember, she’s two weeks behind the others) flowers as well.

S.A.D:

CDLC (cabbage pheno):

Sour Crack:

Side by side of CDLC & S.A.D for size & maturity difference context/to show the CDLC cabbage pheno’s weird stunt stature:

What the CDLC lacks in height, she makes up in bud sites, check out this overhead view, excited for these to start developing:

The SAD has taken to training really well, and I’m really impressed with how well this has grown in a one gallon pot. I’m expecting a much larger yield than I initially thought from this little chonker:

Now onto the tent. Bit of an update here, I’ve added another 100w quantum board to fill out the lighting in the tent. Am getting great PPFD readings across the board. I did, though, stress the plants a little bit by introducing/increasing the brightness of the new light too quickly as you can see with the tacoing/yellowing of some of the top leaves on the back 2 plants. That said, overall things are looking great & frosting up really nicely in most cases.

Here’s the “big picture” today:

Marshmallow Martian is still the star of the tent in my eyes:

Jungle Love is starting to stack on weight & buds are fattening up quickly. So much more trichome coverage than I expected on this one:

Blue Microverse F5, also noticing the buds growing quickly on this gal, but am surprised with the minimal trichome development thus far in comparison to the others, especially given she is supposed to be a (60ish day) fast finishing auto:

Finally, the Strawberry Nuggets x Skywalker. I have a feeling she will be the last to finish. She’s quite large with lots of bud sites, took training well, but the buds are still very premature in comparison to her tent mates. Excited to watch this one chunk out over the weeks to come. She got a defol and a feed today:

Thanks for stopping by and sticking around through my long-windedness and rambling! I hope atleast the photos were enjoyable :slight_smile:

Take care.

E

11 Likes

Enjoyable indeed! Everything looks great @estab87 !
Almost makes me wanna pop the one and only auto pack in my fridge!:+1:

3 Likes

Thank you @Budderton :black_heart: & given how you’ve been so generous & hooked me up - if you’re ever actually looking to do an Auto run & want some beans, let me know. I have a huge selection of great auto genetics & I would happily fire some your way as a thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve been good. Thanks for the offer, I may just take you up in a month or so.:pray: I’ve never grown an auto… I’ll DM you when it gets closer to bean popping time.:+1::grin:

3 Likes

March 5, 2022 or day 49 (for most)

Going to try & be less wordy and more photos this time around. I’m tired and the photos speak for themselves if you’ve been following :slight_smile:

Big picture, here’s the DIY tote & 1 gallons:

As you can see, I’m starting to run out space in there, not vertically but width-wide across the tote. Lesson learned - a bit less training next time, let the plants grow vertically rather than branching them out sideways like I normally do.

Tote plants:

Sweet Afghani Delicious
image image image

Creme de la Chem:
image image

Sour Crack (planted 2 weeks later):

Now onto the tent, big picture:

Jungle Love (I love this plant, the symmetry is beautiful):
image image

Marshmallow Martian:
image image

Blue Microverse F5:
image image

Strawberry Nuggets x Skywalker:
image image

Creme de la Chem solo cup:

Trizzlers solo cup:

3BOGxMango Smile solo cup:

Hope you’ve all enjoyed my Saturday morning madness. I need another coffee :coffee: :slight_smile:

Take care,
E

11 Likes

March 10, 2022 or day 54 (for most)

Tote big picture:

Everything in here is super healthy and still chugging along. I’m insanely surprised at how well this little tote works. One thing I will say is my homemade carbon filter is no match for the stink of the CDLC. My house is starting to smell very chemmy, heh.

The CDLC, though stanky as hell, is still small & cabbagey but throwing off all kinds of bud sites. I’m excited to see how it turns out.

The S.A.D lives up to its name. It’s a very interesting sweet terp profile. I’ll have to look into it further, but it doesn’t smell “familiar” like terpinolene or myrcene. It’s almost smells as if someone tried to make a cake out of sandalwood.

The Sour Crack isn’t smelling sour, more like an incense/patchouli on the stem rub than anything. That said, wow she grows fast. 2 weeks behind the others and much bigger and more deep in the bud development process than the CDLC, and just as tall as the S.A.D and almost as chunky! Enough with the talk…

Tote Plants, up close:

Sweet Afghani Delicious

Creme de la Chem S1

Sour Crack

And now on to the bigger gals:

Tent, Big picture

Some really great genetics in here from Wildwood, Nightowl & Mephisto. Everything is happy from a nutrient perspective but my upper fan leaves on the taller two plants are certainly suffering some light & heat stress after adding the additional quantum board to the tent. Buds on all the plants are really fattening up. Solo cups are enduring their torture with vigour. I’m happy overall, not so worried about the few burnt upper leaves on the taller plants, you don’t smoke those anyway :wink: that said, I’m kinda second guessing my decision to not supercrop those two gals like @DougDawson Had suggested. Little late now, but maybe an experiment for next time… or maybe later in this post? :zipper_mouth_face:

Tent plants, up close:

Jungle Love
This is the plant I am most interested to see finish. It looks like a heavy yielder, it’s incredibly symmetrical and beautiful to look at, buds are looking to be very fat or at least on their way, and incredibly frosty.

Marshmallow Martian
I’ve been waiting and waiting for some kind of stretch but I seriously think this plant grew sideways. It’s basically grown like a vining groundcover plant, with massive, fat frosty bud sites all over it, including one starting to form out of the dirt. My best guess as to what happened here is the taproot hit the side of the pot rather than the bottom and kicked into flower. I don’t know any of the parents of this plant to grow in such an odd stature. Anyway, what she makes up in size, she really makes up in smell. I normally scoff a little when people say their weed smells like candy… but this actually smells like a creamy grape candy. I’m most excited to taste this girl of all of them.

Blue Microverse F5
Genetically a smaller plant, I expected a size like this, unlike the case of the Martian. Over the past 3-5 days I’ve noticed the buds really starting to fatten up and pack on a bit of frost. Not nearly as much as the Martian or Jungle Love though. I will say this is this most “blueberry” forward cultivar I’ve grown to date. I miss that old school blueberry, so this is another I’m really pumped to taste. She should finish fairly soon, as Nightowl’s fastest finishing strain. Hopefully the rapid growth I’ve noticed in the past few days is a sign of kicking into finish mode. :wink:

Strawberry Nuggets x Skywalker
The other big girl. Less developed than the Jungle Love of about the same size… I have a feeling this gals gonna run quite long. Stem run smells outstanding. Very sweet/strawberry forward with a hint of gas and earth.

CDLC solo cup
She’s in full flower mode, taller than her cabbagey sister in the tote, but much less smelly. These little cups are fun.

Trizzlers solo cup
This plant had so many off shoot branches, I just had to have some fun training it, and @DougDawson just for you, I’ve even super cropped her. Handling the torture very well so far :slight_smile:

3BearOG x Mango Smile solo cup
Little training here too. Nothing too crazy like the Trizzlers but just branching things out a bit. I’m not sure why but I feel like this science experiment is going to yield something special. Growth is vigorous & the branches are very symmetrical, making her very easy to train.

Catch you all again in a few days :black_heart:

E.

10 Likes

Figured I’d best pop in and say hi.

As you guys were talking earlier, I’ve also noticed varying pot sizes. I’ve got a stack and noticed some of my 3 gals look more like 2 or 2.5 gals. Odd sizes for sure. I made the switch to 7gal fabric pots for most of my bigger plants. I really like them, but I really like plants on the larger side too.

I dont know how anybody does the solo cup thing, way too much attention for my liking lol. I like the set it and forget it style, peeking in a few times a day. Solos would require me to water/feed too often. I’m blown away by some of the solo cup challenges I’ve seen, kudos to those who do it!

2 Likes

Thanks for chiming in and taking a look @Fitzera!

Surpringly the solo cups have been the least amount of work!

I have to water the 1 gallon pots daily, so I premix the night before and make a little bit extra than I need, and refill the little glass reservoirs underneath the solo cups with the leftovers and they bottom feed :slight_smile: there’s only one of them (the CDLC) that needs me to feed more than once a day and it only takes 2 feeds, so it’s really just checking in a couple times like you do, and splashing some leftover water & nutes in their little bowls heh.

3 Likes

March 15, 2022 or day 59 for most.

Gonna try and be brief today.

Tote big picture

S.A.D is really fattening up, throwing some orange pistils and coming closer to a finish more so than the other two, although the Sour Crack (2 weeks behind the rest) has overshot her in height and is starting to flower quite vigorously. The CDLC stinks - literally, & she’s developing real buds finally!

S.A.D

CDLC S1

Sour Crack (20 days behind)

Tent Big Picture

I was really pushing these plants (1500+PPFD near the tops & no co2 supplementation) out of curiosity, and I’ve definitely Light stressed these plants pretty hard, it’s most evident in the Jungle Love with fox tailing on the main cola, nowhere near finish. Also major burn on the upper large fan leaves of both of the larger plants. Lesson learned - no need to push science: lifted the lights to something more appropriate. Marshmallow Martian started her flush today’s harvest ETA 14 days.

Marshmallow Martian

Jungle Love

Strawberry Nuggets x Skywalker

Blue Microverse F5

Solo Cups

Everything’s looking awesome minus the CDLC S1 which is flowering nicely but potentially experiencing cal/mag def, root rot, lockout, light stress - maybe a combo of all? Who knows? Find out next week, same place, maybe different time! Seeing purpling and sportiness as well as a yellowing of the plant which occurred quite quickly. The Trizzlers is super vigorous and took really nicely to the super cropping.

CDLC S1

Trizzlers

3BOG x Mango Smile

Cheers all!

-e

11 Likes