Exhaust fan choices

AC Infinity all the way. I have a 6 inch and looking to get a 4 inch soon to replace my old noisy one that’s been running for almost 6 years straight. It will be nice to have silence in the bedroom at night again.

9 Likes

I came in here to suggest this model. I’m very happy I decided to spring for the T6 model with the digital controller. It’s awesome. Here’s an affiliate link to the AC Infinity Cloudline T6 on Amazon:

4 Likes

After having some mold issues in my 4x8 tent last run because my vivosun fan just wasn’t enough(totally my fault) I got the big 8 inch AC Infinity and I could not be happier. The automatic controls on the thing are stellar!

Ya’ll be good to one another,

fr0g_D

6 Likes

Funny story about that. My son in law is new to growing and he helped me set the new fan up when it came in. He says to me, hey let’s put it on 10 and zip the doors up and without thinking I said sure let’s try it. Suffice to say had I not unzipped the tent as quickly as I did this 8 inch AC Infinity fan would have collapsed the newish 4x8 tent with ease.

8 Likes

Really? It’s quieter than the hyper fan? Like significantly so or just a little?

Sorry for the late response but I am always looking for a quieter fan (living room right above the basement).

2 Likes

Haven’t tried one of those fans, but people sure do love them. Insulated ducting can help cut down fan noise quite a bit.

Does anyone use the insulated Duct Clamps? I’ve seen some for Can Air Filters before, didn’t know if there were others or if they worked well enough to mess with.?. Tent will be in bedroom, just trying to quite it down as much as possible.

Also I picked up a AC Infinity 6" T6 Fan the other day. Was going to get the one with the automatic/sensor probe but heard that a few peps had issues with the external probe & display failing.?. I could still exchange it for the one with the probe if it makes a big differ…:confused:

2 Likes

I have a 4” inline fan ~200cfm and a cheapo scrubber. I use a speed controller on low and built a 6” duct muffler for noise cancelation. You can hear it but it’s not a jet engine.

More than enough air movement and odour elimination from a 2x4 running 300w

4 Likes

The smart controller makes a huge difference. It’s the difference between running the fan at a set speed 24/7, vs only turning it on when needed, at the speed it needs.

I’ve been running mine for over a year now w/o fail – and if it did I would buy a replacement just because of the peace of mind it provides.

5 Likes

Well another reason I got the controller was due to changing the air in the tent. I did not want the air to stay static for an hour at a time. I will only run a California light works Extreme 500 that puts out 1500 BTU’s (I think). Not sure if that will be enough to drive the temps up enough to trigger the sensor or not.?.

1 Like

With the AC Infinity controller you set the Min/Max for both Temp and Humidity. If any of those get out of range it can kick on the fan, and it’ll run the fan faster the further you are out of range. With the smart controller you’ll find it’s a lot easier to keep the environment in check.

3 Likes

So you don’t run into problems when the fan doesn’t kick on for several hours or so? That’s what I was sort of worried about and that’s why I got a controller on it…But it would be nice if it didn’t have to run 24/7 but at the same time it needs to run a few times a hour in order to exchange air…Right.?.

1 Like

The infinite clouds look sweet…will buy one when I need another. I use an Iobionics 4" with 0% - 100% built in speed controller. Was dirt cheap, is super quiet, uses absolute minimal power, moves lots of air!!!
2 pennies

I feel like the calculations people use for exchanging air in the grow room every few minutes is related to keeping the environment in check more than “bringing in fresh air”. If the controller is already keeping things in check, there’s no reason to change out the air (unless you’re depleting co2).

I run a sealed room – the only air in or out is controlled by the AC Infinity and only when needed. I open the door a few times a day at most, but otherwise it’s virtually air-tight. Circulation fans keep the air moving but I never do “air exchange” like most people talk about.

1 Like

Hummm…Food for thought! I think my OCDness might get in the way, LMAO! If the fan wasn’t on and didn’t know when the last time it was on, might drive me up the wall. :sweat:

I have a panasonic bathroom exhaust fan, Create Today, Enrich Tomorrow | Panasonic North America - United States, that can push some volume and is incredibly quiet, the only sound you can hear is the air moving the fan.

1 Like

Hey guys. I’ve been looking around for a Fan and Carbon filter for my 36x20x62 Vivosun tent. Spent allot of time reading reviews. I really have my heart set on the AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T4. I’ve read that running a carbon filter with the T4 the performance drops significantly. Anyone have any personal experience with running the two together?

2 Likes

All fans lose performance due to the drag of the filter. Just make sure the CFM of your fan is within the right range for the rated CFM of your filter.

Never tried cloudline fans but everyone seems to really like them. Vortex is my favorite fan maker here.

2 Likes

Yeah, it wouldn’t really be an issue if they didn’t cost so much. I would love to pay 100 bucks for a combo. My tent is in my bedroom and the white noise while I sleep is fine. I couldn’t fathom dealing with it all day. Yeah it’s sad. I spend most of my time in my room if I’m not working.

1 Like

With or without supplemental Co2, this is a great read.

https://medteknutrients.com.au/co2-enriched-hydroponic-growing/

Especially helpful was information about managing the environment during lights out. Venting, when and why.

Like you, I used to run my space sealed with little to no venting.

For me, my grows have improved with venting.

I use an AC infinity T series fan. But my controller is only capable of temp OR humidity, not both at the same time. Hopefully they will improve their controller technology for us growers. Built in wifi, and scheduling are high on my wish list.

4 Likes