Exhaust fan choices

I love the sound of fans humming and air moving all the time personally, beats listening to my brain lol

Using insulated duct can cut back noise quite a bit, some people even build insulated boxes around their fans to dull sounds but that can be iffy due to heat issues.

1 Like

Phonic Trap ducting , expensive but does job well : )

2 Likes

Iā€™m another ac infinity w/ controller userā€¦couldnā€™t be happier

4 Likes

I get what they are saying and it makes sense for tents and smaller areas, but I think most people have bigger problems with the environment to deal with before thinking about depleting CO2 overnight.

I found if you dial in the environment first you will see the biggest gains in yield. Once youā€™ve got the environment in check then you can start looking at CO2/O2 ā€“ but never sacrifice environment for anything. Keeping a sealed setup has allowed me to control the environment much easier and has increased my yields massively. (I also run with a lot less light than most people, but thatā€™s a whole other discussion.)

But was that because you were depleting CO2 over night or was that an environment out of check? Why did you decide to start venting in the first place?

Iā€™m not saying it is the wrong way to do things, every grow is different and solutions that work in one area donā€™t always work elsewhere. Iā€™ve just personally found it easier to maintain air temp/RH then it is to bring in new air thatā€™s out of whack and attempt to adjust that.

I also data log everything. My graphs are very smooth, no quick RH drops when the fan kicks on, or temp spikes, just smooth up and down, always in the proper VPD range.

4 Likes

I like s&p / soler Palau ,especially the new style , alltho the old standard inline shape ones are still good too , even if second hand ( eBay ) they are still very reliable : )

I hear ya. Iā€™m just as picky about my environment. Do not like venting for the same reasons you mention.

Just putting the info out there for any to consider.

I know thats a huge co2 writeup to dredge thru.

This and more are in it somewhere.
Wish I had a O2 meter to confirm levels when not venting. I have every other meter. Lol

Iā€™m running a ac infinity cloudline t4 with a carbon filter in a 24"Ɨ48"Ɨ60" tent and have no issues at all.

7 Likes

@rob0781 Iā€™m going to order one this week. Any suggestions on the filter. You have their brand?

I canā€™t really suggest a filter i am using the vivosun which has good reviews online but i am only in veg still so they arenā€™t really to stinky yet to knowā€¦

Mountain air carbon filter : )

2 Likes

Second that. Mountain air filters are light, work really well and last for years. Iā€™ve yet to replace one since I started using them a couple years ago.

1 Like

Ok here is another question with fan choice. Those who vent directly outside what do you do for winter time when it would look like an extra dryer cause of the temp difference. Is there anyway to control that?

1 Like

In winter I would disconnect the outage to outside , and vent it into another room save that free heat : )
You could set up a lung room where you pump the outage into another tent and then condition it ( dehumidifier etc ) before it then gets pumped to outside : )

4 Likes

Thank you. I was thinking along those lines. Just nice to hear it from someone else

2 Likes

Hey @rob0781 What make of Carbon filter are you using for the Infinity T4? Allot of the 4" carbon filters Iā€™m finding are 210 CFM and the T4 is 205 if Iā€™m not mistaken. You think that -5 will matter much without using much flex duct.

1 Like

No thatā€™s fine youā€™re right in the range. Just donā€™t get anything thatā€™s OVER the rating for the scrubber as air will move through too fast and it will be ineffective.

1 Like

Gotcha thanks man.

@LilJonB i am using a vivosun carbon filter, i donā€™t think the small amount would make a difference i have to run my fan on the 1st speed otherwise my temps drop to low definitely not having any issues pulling that is a 2x4Ɨ5 space

Since this question was originally posted i ended up going with a cloudline T6 and filter for my closet ordered it today. Its a bit bigger than i need at the moment but i think im going to end up with a bigger space before a whole lot longer. Have been thinking about walling off an area in the spare room the current grow is and if i do that ill need the extra power without having to buy another fan right away.

4 Likes

Helpful information.

1 Like