Explorer's extended expeditions

What are the bits of gutter pipe connectors on its end for?

2 Likes

Is that an air cooled LED rig? Lol

2 Likes

Yes sir it is. @Shadey it’s a 4” duct bro got the reducer on it’s way to change my inline to fit that cos I’ve a 5” inline fan :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Nice is that your own design?

1 Like

Nah bro mr @anon58740919 did the design and majority of the work I just went and finished it with his plan. Sort of like his plan anyway his turns out bit cleaner than mine but that’s why I’m not the light guy :rofl:

5 Likes

How are the LED strips being mounted, length ways or across, or is it for a QB board.

1 Like

Neither :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: here’s a pic bro it’s COB LEDs

I got the light like in the picture and pestered what I like to call tech support AKA @anon58740919 the only
Changes I made was to cut those black bars down a little as it was a perfect fit in the drobe but because I didn’t account for the power lead going into the side it was extremely snug. Then obviously the eye bolts, ducting, cut the length of bars down to be sure it will fit WITH the ducting, tapping screw threads and a bit of wiring/soldering but I was essentially given a guide on how to complete it by tech support so it was some work but trust me he did the hard part of doing all the wires for the COBs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I have seen those on eBay and thought about them, as they are pretty cheap to buy. The ones I saw, ran on 110v or 240v and did not need a driver, I emailed the seller and they said they needed a heat sink, but that’s a pretty good work around for them.

I was thinking more of an individual heatsink and fan per cob, which put me right off them.

3 Likes

That’s essentially what I thought too mate I had two cola cubes they ran at 50W each that’s what I’ve used for veg this run and I was happy with the results for such low wattage spoke to @anon58740919 about sizing up he told me how to achieve it without separately doing everything so bought the big rig.

I’m confident heat will not be an issue when it’s up and runnin. I’m still waiting on the reducer for the ducting but gunna bodge one together for now til that comes to see how she does but obviously won’t be accurate test without the proper ducting but be fine either way til that comes this week. I’d advise building some up man could easily scale his build up with a bigger reducer and a few more corner bits to get more watts n stuff and legit doesn’t rape electric but you’ve just gone onto the housebulbs and this is more costly than that by a fair bit so it’s just whatever works for ya init

7 Likes

I caught up with your expedition this morning. You have been busy.
:smiley:

4 Likes

No mate don’t touch those with the built in driver. I use the lenses from them. Not the COBs. Those are Citiled cluo38’s in there driven by a meanwell driver. It’s not a bad design is it :wink:

4 Likes

Well here’s an actual update gunna class today as the first day of flower officially they’ve had the “bulbs” comin out for a few days now so looking like they’ve officially began to flower so here is the light now and the plants now :+1:t2:

My DIY reducer has done the job for now, will get the proper one by end of this week it’s in the post.

And the plants!

Still testing the light out to see if I can run on full power with the fan on lowest setting and the fckup reducer I put together but it’s still pretty cool to the touch so the plan seems to be working out well.

8 Likes

Looks very good man. Certainly bright.

2 Likes

So I found some spider mites on some cuts I had going was my own fault I took 1 cutting off some plants I shifted and I ended up with mites for simply not thinking an I got my reducer on Tuesday but slackin so today has been the day :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Phase 1: second clean out of lowers.

Phase 2: connect reducer.

Phase 3: strip top section of any leaves I deem as blocking any bud sites.

And phase 4 was spraying them all down with my organic pesticide I did loupe some undersides and I did find some mites but it wasn’t wide spread so fingers crossed this thorough hose down will do the job but if not I’ve got some stuff that’ll work but I don’t really wanna spray it in flower but shit happens we will see :blush:

7 Likes

This is why I only grow from seed mate unless I take a clone myself of a plant that interests me. It’s bad enough controlling the heat and humidity we have had without mites going to work also. Good luck. Hopefully you caught them early and manage to get rid of them :+1:
Edit - that light is blinding :astonished:

4 Likes

Thing is I know better. It was purely greed that got me this time I didn’t have to take a cut from them I just thought why not take one for my efforts :rofl: same person my stardawg came from but he sprayed that one before bringing me it whereas the ones I shifted he didn’t. Stoners man I swear to god :wink:

Safe to say I’ve quarantined the cuts and just sprayed everything I’ve got n aye mate I have to turn it down to inspect them properly tbh but runs fully correct so they’re eating that light up no problem :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I’ve had to add a massive dehumidifier into the tent :rofl:
Total over kill. 280w 16 litre but to be fair it’s dropped the humidity to acceptable levels. £90 well spent I say.

It’s dropped it from 75% to around 50%

5 Likes

I use loads of cheap poundshop ones bro don’t wanna jinx myself but I’ve never had mold I think people get too paranoid about it, bud rot on the other hand is a bitch.

Not a bad price for one though that mate that from B n Q? They do some pretty nice ones for the price but I’ve not taken the leap or least not until I sell the SK. If I spend more on gear right now I think my mrs will genuinely cut my dick off. Got fans I need to sell, two tents I don’t use lights hoods ducting pots you get the point :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Screw fix mate. It’s got a humidity switch on it so doesn’t run constant. It’s a big f#cker though. Takes the room a single plant would :confused:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/blyss-ygd16-5166br2-16ltr-dehumidifier/168fx

2 Likes

Extraction fans??? I need a powerful 5 inch fan. Prefer a one I can adjust the speed on.

1 Like