Exploring weed and popping seed (in the workshop)

Thanks! Same to you, its a good feeling to have it going. Your bbhp looks amazing also.

1 Like

Germination update.

I’ve transferred them to peat pellets from the towels. So far we have:

4/4 Snow thrower. These were cracked and growing really fast.
4/5 Purple Afghan HP
3/4 Mango HP Slow to germ, had me worried they were duds. Need to be more patient as always.

I’ve also got plants in the flowering room. They’d been in statis as well and somewhat neglected with the renos. Recovering nicely, i cut them back and potted them up.

Clockwise starting back left we have:

Ultimate pink kush s1
PIne Tar Gush (glue leaning pheno)
Eternal sunshine (needed an aggressive topping)
Night Nurse (single female from a 5 pack, amazing stem rub)

11 Likes

Well so much for a rolling start to flowering. I had stored all my plants in smaller tents in rushed fashion after the building problems that preceded my room build. Sadly I’ve somehow managed to get a major insect issue (thrips) and have had to cut down the mothers I tried to save and the plants I was planning to flower above. I couldnt see how I could control the infestation effectively, given the scope, and not use something nasty.

I’m pretty bummed as I lost my treasured PTG mom and wont get to try night nurse. I have 2 s1s left of the UPK, but pretty lame all around. The seedlings have been isolated enough they should be fine, but vigilance is required. Time to try and stay in the saddle.

On the bright side, I can pop more seeds.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that man.
But at least you are looking at the silver lining.
Hope you find something special in those beans.:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thanks man!

Those are the breaks sometimes, especially when you push the limits to hard. I should have cut back numbers more and focused on the more important plants rather than trying to keep everything. lesson learned which is the important part from my perspective.

Plus with all the work so far, I’m to stubborn to stop for any length of time now haha.

2 Likes

Small update:

So I’ve popped another set of seeds. 4 each of the first two packs and then my last remaining fems for the other. This should mean I have a varied and full first run, if a bit slower than intended!

Bodhi - Bing (fat cherry x wookie)
Having grown out the wookie orgasm a few times and finding it to have some really amazing terps, Ive been curious about Bing for a while. I’d presumed it was no longer being made but was pleasantly surprised on the latest drop. I asked HillBill on RIU for his take having grown it a few times “Sometimes Cherry but not always. At the very least, they reek of Berry jelly all the way to old Black Cherry pipe tobacco. Decent siz and very powerful, some have had audio and visual effects. Make sure carbon filters are ready!”

Box of chocolates (kashmir azad x assorted)
I’ve been interested in barefrog’s azad a while and have been pretty excited to see the work being done by @Worcestershire_Farms. He was kind enough to send out these seeds and I’m stoked to give them a try! I know that I germed a bubba tooth cross as the seed was gigantic. There was also one that had some similarities to the small dark mango hash plant seeds so that hit the towel as well. Looking forward to giving some reports on these!

Ultimate Pink Kush.
Lost the first to the roof leak, then the next two to bugs. I am going to grow the last two out no matter what. While the paranoid part of my brain says I’ll fight the battle and the end result might still be crap, I dont care I will savour that shit on principle.

3 Likes

Its been an eventful week, good and bad. I’m not sure what happened but I only got 1 each of the bing and box of chocolates. All 4 of the bing cracked and produced a root, but only one survived. Whereas only 1 of the box of chocolates germed. I’m pretty sure something must’ve happened, I started the rest of the box of chocolates yesterday and three already have tails. So maybe contamination in container or using rain water. Not again, going to be more sterile in germination in future.

So that covered the good news is that we have:

4/5 Purple Afghan HP
4/5 Mango HP
3/4 SnowThrower (one is a runt and one the top died after starting)
1/4 Bing
1/2 Upk
1/4 Box of choc (a bunch more coming soon.

A bit disappointed about the bing, but stoked for the rest, looks like it’ll be a hell of a selection in the jars.

I’m still working away on the setup. I’ve started building tables for the 4x4 tents I intend to use for pollination. I got given some old stairboards and they are nice and sturdy

8 Likes

Nothing too exciting this week. Potted up all of the larger plants, i left it a little too long in just the starter. Showed some deficiencies in the Purple Afghani and Mango HP. Mainly the larger plants which seems to have corrected in the larger pot.

Some good news on the Snow thrower runt. It was a very floppy sprout, but after some careful staking has really started growing fast.

Here are the 6 box of chocolates that germinated successfully. I had one more germinate 2 days ago and sprout but it doesn’t look like its growing anymore. 3 still on the towels, but i’m not hopeful after almost 2 weeks.

Some other good news in the isolation tent. Looks like I pulled through a clean cutting of the eternal sunshine. Going to give it two more weeks and maybe it can be put in the mix. All fingers and toes crossed on this one.

The best looking mango hashplant, nice structure and already stinky stem rub…

A purple afghani that has naturally split into two tops.

11 Likes

Looking good there… Love the sprout and veg stage when they show obvious growth regularly!

1 Like

Looking great bro! Now the fun begins! And as for the losses…. Perhaps it was meant to be. The universe works in mysterious ways. On to bigger and better things IMHO. At least you always have yourself covered as well , which is awesome. I’m starting to see the benefit of popping 1/2 packs and such, but still love a good old 30+ plant hunt :drooling_face: all I can say is the future looks bright and green. Great work :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

Really stoked for the snow thrower and Mango HP. I believe both will have a great amount of awesomeness given their lineages. :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Both look interesting even in Veg. The snow thrower is showing a good amount of uniformity, in general nice looking plants. Nothing smell wise yet and seems to slow after topping.

The Mango HP is vigorous and very branchy. Didnt miss a beat when topped and all around fastest grower. All four look strong. Feel like this ones going to stretch a good amount in flower too. Two plants are a little ahead of the others and have quite a pungent stem rub all ready. I can see why the description says dumpster as they have that medley of decomposition smell.

Just makes me want to keep popping seeds, but i have to pace myself. If i stagger it now less trim jail as one time haha.

3 Likes

Another week, another update.

Another quiet week in the garden, not so much elsewhere as I have a kid on the way haha.

Did some potting up of the box of choclates. Final count is 6 healthy plants. One a little ahead of the others. The plants suffering from the deficiencies have all recovered and are growing vigorously.

I also finished topping everything except for the box o’ choc. The snow throwers really didnt like it which surprised me. Whereas the MHP have been really vigorous and seemed to like it.

Mhp

Snow thrower

Pahp

10 Likes

Looking good brother!

1 Like

Gonna have some bushes in there , low and wide just right :ok_hand:t2:

CONGRATULATIONS on the little bundle of joy brother! What an amazing blessing!

2 Likes

Its been a little while since my last update, but having a new baby has been busy (thanks for the well wishes @TopShelfTrees1).

I switched over to flower, a little later than desired on Nov. 3. Starting with the MHP, Purple afghan, and snow thrower. Everything potted up to 10 gallons as my soil mix was undercharged. Deficiencies began to show on Purple afghans, but it doesn’t seem to have slowed them any.

Sex has shown on most, so far female numbers are:

1/4 MHP
2/4 Purple Afghan
2/3 Snow thrower.

Still waiting on one of the snow throwers to show. There was plenty of space, so i’ve added:

Eternal sunshine (clone, 3rd try.)
Pink kush s1
2 box of chocolates ( hopefully these will show soon.)

Eternal Sunshine

Purple Afghan

Mango Hash Plant

SnowThrower

12 Likes

Can really see the diesel in those snow throwers, interesting about those MHP having that dumpster smell now, as it transitions to dank sweetness around harvest. Have super high hopes for those as it’s one of my top five HP crosses listed from Bodhi . Looking great in there. Stoked for the rest of the show!

2 Likes

Some lame news. One of the snow throwers appears to have shown intersex. I’ve double checked for light leaks and any other herms, but clear on both counts. It also does not have any nutritional issues, strongest plant in the room. I’m going to have a close eye on the other snow throwers.

On another note this is the first herm I’ve encountered which has produced male flowers from the start rather than later in flower. Time for this he-she to get the chop

6 Likes

Sorry to hear about the herm issue, fingers crossed its just that 1 individual.

Everything is looking great in there man.

1 Like

Stupid herms! Sorry to hear this bro, know you were looking forward to that one…. Oh well more room now I guess like Mr.B says “Plant More Seeds” everything else looks great though. Keep up the good work :facepunch:t2:

1 Like