Exploring weed and popping seed (in the workshop)

Looking good brother!

1 Like

Gonna have some bushes in there , low and wide just right :ok_hand:t2:

CONGRATULATIONS on the little bundle of joy brother! What an amazing blessing!

2 Likes

Its been a little while since my last update, but having a new baby has been busy (thanks for the well wishes @TopShelfTrees1).

I switched over to flower, a little later than desired on Nov. 3. Starting with the MHP, Purple afghan, and snow thrower. Everything potted up to 10 gallons as my soil mix was undercharged. Deficiencies began to show on Purple afghans, but it doesn’t seem to have slowed them any.

Sex has shown on most, so far female numbers are:

1/4 MHP
2/4 Purple Afghan
2/3 Snow thrower.

Still waiting on one of the snow throwers to show. There was plenty of space, so i’ve added:

Eternal sunshine (clone, 3rd try.)
Pink kush s1
2 box of chocolates ( hopefully these will show soon.)

Eternal Sunshine

Purple Afghan

Mango Hash Plant

SnowThrower

12 Likes

Can really see the diesel in those snow throwers, interesting about those MHP having that dumpster smell now, as it transitions to dank sweetness around harvest. Have super high hopes for those as it’s one of my top five HP crosses listed from Bodhi . Looking great in there. Stoked for the rest of the show!

2 Likes

Some lame news. One of the snow throwers appears to have shown intersex. I’ve double checked for light leaks and any other herms, but clear on both counts. It also does not have any nutritional issues, strongest plant in the room. I’m going to have a close eye on the other snow throwers.

On another note this is the first herm I’ve encountered which has produced male flowers from the start rather than later in flower. Time for this he-she to get the chop

6 Likes

Sorry to hear about the herm issue, fingers crossed its just that 1 individual.

Everything is looking great in there man.

1 Like

Stupid herms! Sorry to hear this bro, know you were looking forward to that one…. Oh well more room now I guess like Mr.B says “Plant More Seeds” everything else looks great though. Keep up the good work :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

Thanks man! All fingers and toes crossed at this point. Fortunately though I have plants waiting in the wings, so no real setback.

2 Likes

Well another snow thrower showed intersex. Thats a bummer. The final one is firmly female, but it makes me wonder for how long. I dont have the heart to kill it as its such a stunner but I probably should.

The upside is its let me get those spaces filled with different plants. I’ve added another box of chocolates for total of three in flowering. Still have one more in veg, the other two were male. These all have interesting stem rubs.

And the last addition a GSC s1 from reeferman. Likely not the best choice if I want stable, but fuck it. I also like this plant as its a weird mutant. It had a merged top and then sprouted two trifoliate tops. The kid in me hopes it translates to weird flower.

6 Likes

Its been a crazy week so far. Had water come over the foundation of the workshop. Fortunately not on the flower side, but required a veg evacuation. It was also followed by a 12hr power cut. Fun fun fun.

The plants hoever are really stretching now and looking quite good.

The eternal sunshine has started flowering so much faster than the first time from seed. I assume its from the Hawaiian sativa side. The stem rub has changed a little, kind of a floral musk and citrus.

Mango hash is looking good, with 11 finger leaves and has a really complex stem rub that difficult to describe.

Purple Afghan Hash plants are looking good, super bushy, medium stretch. Stem rub has lost some of the nastiness snd is now more of a funk with a sweet finish.

The final snow thrower looks good still and pleasantly nut free. Has some of the thickest stems i’ve seen.

10 Likes

Looks like I made it just in time for the show :grinning:

Some beautiful plants you have there, can’t wait to see how they turn out.

2 Likes

Just checked out there gear, awesome fields of green to be seen.

1 Like

thanks! Hopefully I can keep them looking good!

1 Like

Just got a few snaps of the pink kush. Shes looking good now. Hopeful for this one.

Oh and the snow thrower is just a monster, perhaps the most perfect looking plant I’ve grown. I found a pin out of place on my timer. So it could explain the herms, however it could’ve happened During my rushing around in the powercuts/flooding last week. Cant say either way but the seed of doubt has been planted.

9 Likes

Something to be known…I have found that plants that sit on concrete don’t perform as well as plants on pallets or some kind of raised floor. IMHO

2 Likes

They don’t like cold root zones.

3 Likes

A big issue in this space actually. I was finding because the floor was concrete with zero insulation and it was impacting the overall life in the soil. So i made a table out of a garage storage rack meant for hanging from the ceiling. It has a mesh surface and stands about 15 inches off the ground. Lets me run the outflow of the dehumidifier under the table as well. Both the plants and my back seem to like it so far haha.

Edit: take them off the table so the photos dont go orange

2 Likes

Looking great man, they haven’t missed a step even with the unexpected issues popping up.

At least you found the pin on the timer, had a similar situation a few years back.

The ST is nice, fingers crossed she behaves herself for the duration.

1 Like

@Foreveryoung fortunately she is and she looks amazing. Yield looks like itll be absurd and already quite resinous. Its a shame About the others, but I want to try again.

Day 26 of flower:

Snow thrower

Mango Hash

Beautiful plant and really putting on some weight now. Starting to smell fruitier.

Purple Afghan

Both looking good, about 2x stretch on these. One is more resinous than the other, they have a weird sweet meat type smell. Hard to describe but it looks promising.

Oh and the GSC is looking wacky.

8 Likes

Killing it man :ok_hand:

Even if you never popped another ST bean, that 1 keeper is already worth it.

The Mango HP looks and sounds mouthwatering man.

3 Likes