Exploring weed and popping seed (in the workshop)

Thanks for the update on OHGA those girls get big quick . Another one of my favourite strains hope you enjoy it.

2 Likes

@Foreveryoung everything is good. Teething has been a treat and the little one is developing so fast. Shes in 80+ percentile for growth. Hope your new addition is doing well! Not to mention the rest of you haha!

Yeah its weird when you start messing up something you thought you had down. I think i just needed to be more controlled and almost ritualize the process.

Haha yeah I’m a stubborn fucker when it comes to some things. I’ve got a good feeling on that eternal sunshine and ive seen enough on the last attempts to know she has quite a few unique characteristics. I tend to try not to let plants go until i’ve cured and sampled the weed a few times.

@Oldtimerunderground thanks bud, hopefully some chocolate terps come out to play.

@ShiskaberrySavior You had me sold from trying your results. These have got some potential, should be curious to see the phenotypic variation. No joke on the vigour, the god x nk seemed fragile compared to these. Thanks again!

4 Likes

Hey hey! Time for another update. As usual my photography leaves a lot to be desired, but needs must as the devil drives.

Everything is looking healthy and growing nicely. The real surprise has been one of @Worcestershire_Farms box of chocolates. I’d saved two cuttings from the previous doomed run and given them another go. When I threw them in, I only took a cutting of one as the other had no scent on the stem rub. Looks like a mistake as it looks promising. Great structure, good yield, dry sugar granule like trichomes and its finally making a soft sweet fruit scent.

The other box of chocolates is way behind, but from the smell/what I saw last time. Should be good.

Next up is the sweet jack x bb. She smells from outside the room. Sweet and hazey. The Bud structure is quite blueberry, but huge spears. Excited for this one.

Then we have my nemesis eternal sunshine. Super vigorous and massive stretch, glad I started her small. She has a strong smell of a sweet herbal citrus soap/cleaning product. Seems special.

The gsc is going nicely as well. Smell is citrus bakery so far.

Then the purple afghan dla5 pheno is looking tasty as well. Strong spicy smell and greasy resin.

The mendobreath x blue note are finally in there and looking good as well. Really slow growth so it’ll be interesting to see how much they stretch. The other thing that has me curious is that the leaves are oily like the stem rub. Really stinky plant even before any flowers are there.

I also threw in the snow thrower from my last fail. She was mighty and looked a sour diesel leaner.

Last but not least are the 2 black snow. Both have more of structure and don’t look super high yield. That said, the smells are great and nice resin production. I’ve posted most more pics in the black snow grow show thread so I’ll keep it limited.

I’ll do some updates on the seedlings next.

14 Likes

How’s those seedlings doing still kicking it?

2 Likes

The ohga are looking good and growing fast. Still 8 for 8. Should’ve steamed a couple, but they’ve been faster than the other crosses. I’ve also run out of the ogha now SK have extra motivation.

The chocolope x white and god x Nigerian Kandahar. Need to be potted up, but I’ve been slow. All have been topped though.

5 Likes

To return to the pregnancy and baby talk, apparently breast milk naturally contains cannabinoids, whether you ingest cannabis or not. So edibles would probably even be beneficial for baby and mom, during and after. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Still slow with the updates here, I do have some good shots of the sweet jack x bb though. She has really thrown up some foxtailing sativa spears dripping in resin.

I had to cut the purple afghan and the box of chocolate as i was starting to get some amber. Wish I’d had the chance to get some pics, but cant win them all. Smelled a bit like varnish.

6 Likes

Looks like some super sativa goodness man.
How many weeks in is she?

1 Like

@Foreveryoung Shes at 8.5 right now and despite the white hairs, is almost done. I think they are all the ends of foxtails and i’m starting to see amber. Seems a little airy, but smells old school awesome.
Glad to hear you guys are doing better after the virus. Sounds like a tough few weeks.

Ok so I started trimming the box of chocolates plant and she looks good. Almost no larf, good density and resin. Although the resin is very dry and granular. I wonder if this is why she doesnt smell too much. I as I trim i get gentle waves of a sweet varnish smell.

Oh and a few more pics of the black snow which is getting ready for the finish. (Repost from the snow grow show)

8 Likes

Been trimming the sweet jack x bb. Its retained the sweet hazey smell, but is pretty airy and not the easiest to trim and tons of larf. Excited to try her though.

Some final pictures of the black snow #5. She looks great. (Apologies for the duplication with the black snow grow show thread.)

14 Likes

Looking good brother

2 Likes

Any updated pictures of the snow thrower?

1 Like